Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Not even out of spring training and I'm already unbelievably over the mlb.tv commercials and baseball zen spots which have not changed from last year. I know you can do stuff to get around seeing the commercials but none of the options are very convenient for apple tv which is how I primarily watch. It's wild to me that they don't bother attempting to make those commercials even remotely more varied or hell properly equalize the audio so the commercials aren't so friggin loud compared to the broadcast audio. Gonna hear this ad for The Show about 50 million times throughout the course of this season :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

explosivo posted:

Not even out of spring training and I'm already unbelievably over the mlb.tv commercials and baseball zen spots which have not changed from last year. I know you can do stuff to get around seeing the commercials but none of the options are very convenient for apple tv which is how I primarily watch. It's wild to me that they don't bother attempting to make those commercials even remotely more varied or hell properly equalize the audio so the commercials aren't so friggin loud compared to the broadcast audio. Gonna hear this ad for The Show about 50 million times throughout the course of this season :sigh:

at least we hopefully won't have to see for the billionth time

"your voice sounds familiar, do I know you?"
"just call me... THE CAPTAIN" with jeters dumbass smirk

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Worst part of mlb.tv via PC: ads are volume louder.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.

Mustached Demon posted:

Worst part of mlb.tv via PC: ads are volume louder.

privacy badger extension blocks them on pc. its wonderful

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
this has been a very confusing off season. not only is the coolest, best pitcher still not signed, snell and montgomery aren't either. the big C word seems like it could have been a real thing

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

maffew buildings posted:

this has been a very confusing off season. not only is the coolest, best pitcher still not signed, snell and montgomery aren't either. the big C word seems like it could have been a real thing

uh the Cubs re-signed Kyle Hendricks, don’t know what you’re talking about

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

maffew buildings posted:

Yankees Opening Day starter: Rich Hill

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Goddamn is Shota gonna be fun to watch.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Felix Pie now there's a name I haven't thought about in a long time

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

will_colorado posted:

Aroldis touching the upper 90s again.

GODLIKE.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

mcmagic posted:

The Yankees should probably just go into the season with what they have, see how their kids do and if they are in it at the deadline and are clearly a pitcher short, try to address it then.

This seems weirdly positive.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

DeepDickPizza posted:

Goddamn is Shota gonna be fun to watch.

Imanaganna leave my seat when he's on the mound! :dadjoke:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
N: https://twitter.com/ckamka/status/1768401525691301989

V: lmao

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
N: Paul Skenes

V: PAUL SKENES PAUL SKENES

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist

ALFbrot posted:

N: Paul Skenes

V: PAUL SKENES PAUL SKENES

It’ll be fascinating to see how the Pirates waste him, and what the underwhelming return they get will be when they trade him in Arb2

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Bregor posted:

uh the Cubs re-signed Kyle Hendricks, don’t know what you’re talking about

I said coolest and best, not coolest, best, smartest and most handsome

I was referring to Zack Greinke earlier, to state the obvious

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

bravesword posted:

It’ll be fascinating to see how the Pirates waste him, and what the underwhelming return they get will be when they trade him in Arb2
I was just reminding myself of what the Pirates got for Cole, and the answer is not much. The only really quality guy of the four they got back was Joe Musgrove, who they ended up also trading a couple years later

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

also I'm pretty sure we all know how this will end

https://twitter.com/mlbtraderumors/status/1768463877086326847?s=20

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Cole "likely to avoid elbow surgery", out ten to twelve weeks

What will inevitably happen is he'll come back and pitch once or twice, and then say hey my elbow still hurts and they'll put him in the tube again and go oh, found the tear this time

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Nodoze posted:

Cole "likely to avoid elbow surgery", out ten to twelve weeks

What will inevitably happen is he'll come back and pitch once or twice, and then say hey my elbow still hurts and they'll put him in the tube again and go oh, found the tear this time

Hmm, sounds like the tube is what's causing the tear. They gotta stop using that tube!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

LobsterMobster posted:

Hmm, sounds like the tube is what's causing the tear. They gotta stop using that tube!

The school of "It hurts when you bend your knee? Well stop bending your knee!" medicine

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

LobsterMobster posted:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Has this *ever* worked for an elbow injury?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
It has not.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

It worked for a Yankee pitcher just a few years ago! (Tanaka)

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
It worked for Tanaka, kind of. He was still able to pitch but he was not as good post injury as he was before.

Cole allegedly has no UCL damage, and Tanaka did

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Well best of luck to him I guess. Any time I see stuff like this I just think of Garrett Richards refusing TJS until he had no other option and it costing him near four seasons of his career.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

This just sounds like a way to lose Cole for two seasons instead of one.

Kirios fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Mar 15, 2024

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Kirios posted:

This just sounds like a way to lose Cole for two reasons instead of one.

don't you hope

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I mean I guess but I've seen this story play out at least half a dozen times.

It never ends well mcmagic.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I mean, ElAttrache said no TJS, that's about as definitive a prognosis as you can get.

Again, there isn't really such a thing as "routine" surgery and nobody's gonna do it without a doctor saying it needs to be done.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
ive preemptively had TJS on both elbows in preparation for cubsposting this season

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Popete posted:

ive preemptively had TJS on both elbows in preparation for cubsposting this season

Might need to put in a few weeks of Iowa Cubsposting myself. Want to be in the Best Posting Shape of My Life

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Popete posted:

This is why ElAttratche was distracted and couldn't read Cole's MRI correctly.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Popete posted:

I opted for the platelet injection and physical therapy, hoping it'll get me back to posting sooner but apologies if I'm just not the same.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Hmmm posting velo is down...

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
https://twitter.com/AramLeighton8/status/1768425703928688826

Just a reminder that the breakout games going on these couple days in spring are using the new ball/strike challenge system and I am here for it.

Honestly MLB should implement this, but only in games where the home plate umpire is graded below a certain accuracy metric. Good umps get to call games normally but sorry Angel, it's roboump time for you.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Challenges are the dumbest way to implement an automated zone. Just call it right the first time with the robots and be done with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
However, robots are not unionized and umpires are.