Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

im curious why peak of the mountain seems to be the endgame helmet in this warlock build. i thought it might be the "cant leech on crits" part so you stay on low life but i already take a passive node that converts life leech into damage. so im just getting some crit and 5 stats from it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
So the best blessings appear to be locked behind 200 corruption? That's going to be a grind.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

How are people building corruption? I started out doing a little bit of each empowered monolith for the better blessings and prophecies that make you kill bosses, but I started to realize this was slow and probably dumb. So now I'm thinking it's probably better to grind out one empowered rift at a time.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

exquisite tea posted:

How are people building corruption? I started out doing a little bit of each empowered monolith for the better blessings and prophecies that make you kill bosses, but I started to realize this was slow and probably dumb. So now I'm thinking it's probably better to grind out one empowered rift at a time.

Stacking gazes and then killing the Shade at a relatively far distance from the core of the web.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Erulisse posted:

In ending the storm, zero, nada, null whole day. Both emp and non emp, but not more than 200c, not there yet.
I'll try in lance

Oh that's so weird lol.

Here's what it looks like for me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AEdIFr4y4A

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
Switched to lance, 2/10 tries spawned a mage
Probs have to do with corruption too? Idk, thanks though
Will farm myself a few ladles

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Lpzie posted:

Oh that's so weird lol.

Here's what it looks like for me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AEdIFr4y4A

Are you farming the research runes or hunting for a specific experimental affix or..??

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Kaddish posted:

So the best blessings appear to be locked behind 200 corruption? That's going to be a grind.

What do you mean? The best blessings are available at 100c, when you start empowered. You just get another roll at 200c.

exquisite tea posted:

Yes, it’s faster to grind one at a time - there’s a catch-up mechanic, so if you grind one up, then move to another you can catch up quickly, hit one more Orboyss to slingshot a bit and repeat. Otherwise you want to push as far as you can on a diagonal, beeline objectives, run a boss or a few and then hit an Orobyss. I usually aim for at least a +12 base bonus before I reset.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I have like 5 Exsanguinous armors so I feel the game is trying to get me to embrace the Low Life Lifestyle.

What are some other gear pieces I should look out for as a Warlock?

Hauki posted:

What do you mean? The best blessings are available at 100c, when you start empowered. You just get another roll at 200c.

Ah ok, I misinterpreted what looked like a blanked out blessing spot and it said something to the effect of available at 200 corruption. That must have just been another roll then?

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Kaddish posted:

I have like 5 Exsanguinous armors so I feel the game is trying to get me to embrace the Low Life Lifestyle.

You can get Last Steps of the Living (I think that's the name) for boots and an experimental affix on Gloves for 3 pieces that give ward for missing health while draining your health.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

OK, I just ran some in Ending the Storm, didn't feel like 1/2 at all. But I was getting some. 450 corruption. Gonna test a bit more, but would be wild if it scaled with corruption.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

The Locator posted:

Are you farming the research runes or hunting for a specific experimental affix or..??

Yah the affixes that sell.

any T7 is OK, but ward as missing health on gloves, minions teleport with you boots, volatile minion belt, mana from potion belt, and traversal skill cd belt, are all big. and even bigger if on the right bases.

Those I mentioned above can be t6 and still sell. even at t5 it might move a little bit.

I personally want t7 ward as missing health with t6 strength. a pipe dream, but in the meantime i'll sell what i farm and check market often.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Kaddish posted:

Ah ok, I misinterpreted what looked like a blanked out blessing spot and it said something to the effect of available at 200 corruption. That must have just been another roll then?
Yep, another slot to roll in.

Last steps for low life, twisted heart, lp barbute among other things.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Lpzie posted:

OK, I just ran some in Ending the Storm, didn't feel like 1/2 at all. But I was getting some. 450 corruption. Gonna test a bit more, but would be wild if it scaled with corruption.

19/102 in lance at default 100c
eh, ill keep farming then

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

game please i'd trade all your merophages drops 3to1 for ladles

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I rolled a beastmaster and my wolves have poo poo all over them, is there no alternate skin or other way to change their appearance

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

you can make them bloody dire squirrels with that unique helmet

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

OK, at 447 corruption (483% increased item rarity), I ran 200 echos and found 69 exiled mages, and 4 MALs. Compare that to the 211 echos, 116 mages, and 3 MALs from 1300 corruption (1522% increased item rarity)

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Erulisse posted:

19/102 in lance at default 100c
eh, ill keep farming then

wow!

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Awesome! posted:

im curious why peak of the mountain seems to be the endgame helmet in this warlock build. i thought it might be the "cant leech on crits" part so you stay on low life but i already take a passive node that converts life leech into damage. so im just getting some crit and 5 stats from it?

It's the big crit stat for the spirit plague node that spreads on crit. You could definitely switch it for an exalted helmet without losing too much.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

LibrarianCroaker posted:

It's the big crit stat for the spirit plague node that spreads on crit. You could definitely switch it for an exalted helmet without losing too much.

If you're using the warlock build that uses dex to proc harvest from chaos bolts, then the helm that gives int and dex is probably a good replacement as well, Boneclamor Barbute

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I'm all out of Soul Bastion keys trying to farm this loving belt.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

oh i like boneclamor barbute. nice dex and int and ward from necrotic resist which i get a ton of for free from passives. plus some armor on top. might go for that instead.

e: looks like getting lp on a peak of the mountain is much easier than boneclamor barbute though. so that is a consideration.

Awesome! fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Mar 14, 2024

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Does item rarity affect the chance of a unique drop being rare? What about for rewards from prophecies?

I am trying to figure out if I should be trying to do T4 dungeons for a set of prophecies or if I can just do the minimum required level.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

My warlock is unable to start the Black Sun boss echo all of a sudden? I've done it in empowered monoliths like 6-7 times, currently at ~350 corruption, I have enough stability built up currently to run it, but when I try to start the echo it just sits there forever and never starts. I can run other echoes, dungeons, etc. just fine with no issues. wtf?

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Lpzie posted:

Yah the affixes that sell.

any T7 is OK, but ward as missing health on gloves, minions teleport with you boots, volatile minion belt, mana from potion belt, and traversal skill cd belt, are all big. and even bigger if on the right bases.

Those I mentioned above can be t6 and still sell. even at t5 it might move a little bit.

I personally want t7 ward as missing health with t6 strength. a pipe dream, but in the meantime i'll sell what i farm and check market often.

Ah, that makes sense. I play solo offline so market stuff is a non-thing for me. Always fun to watch much better players do their thing though.

Hit Man
Mar 6, 2008

I hope after I die people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

Suprfli6 posted:

My warlock is unable to start the Black Sun boss echo all of a sudden? I've done it in empowered monoliths like 6-7 times, currently at ~350 corruption, I have enough stability built up currently to run it, but when I try to start the echo it just sits there forever and never starts. I can run other echoes, dungeons, etc. just fine with no issues. wtf?

It's a current bug. Can't start them unless optional quests are done. Hopefully fixed soon

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Lol that’s pretty bad as far as “random bugs introduced in a patch” goes, drat.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

I like the game but goddamn it needed more time to cook. So many bugs.

Hit Man
Mar 6, 2008

I hope after I die people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

Patch is out to fix it, reboot client

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
My favorite bug is an area, usually around an Echo target node, has tons of random impassible debris indicated on the mini-map but invisible on the actual terrain. So movement is totally disjointed resulting in frequent deaths due to getting stuck.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Well, made it to Monoliths with my first character (Spellblade) at around level... 60something? My skills are all at 17 at the moment. Ran a few 'islands' inside the first monolith, called it a night.

I know there's still a bunch to go, but not 100% sure I'm feeling Spellblade, so thought I'd try out some other classes while I kill time for next PoE league :v:

If I'm understanding this correctly, any alt I make will be able to run monoliths as soon as I get to the end of time, right? I'd be completely under-levelled and under-geared, In order to alleviate this I can just craft some twink gear on my main? Also, those 'dungeon skips' in the campaign require my alt to use a key I've collected previously to run through the dungeon and come out the other side, or once I run a dungeon in any character on a given cycle that shortcut 'stays open'?

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Is there a way to check how much favor I have without going to the observatory?

ubachung
Jul 30, 2006
Press Y

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Edmond Dantes posted:

If I'm understanding this correctly, any alt I make will be able to run monoliths as soon as I get to the end of time, right? I'd be completely under-levelled and under-geared, In order to alleviate this I can just craft some twink gear on my main? Also, those 'dungeon skips' in the campaign require my alt to use a key I've collected previously to run through the dungeon and come out the other side, or once I run a dungeon in any character on a given cycle that shortcut 'stays open'?

Yes, you can do monos as soon as you get to the end of time (you can do this on your first character too). Some builds can handle it better than others, but legendaries help a lot.

Yes, you need a set of keys to do the dungeon skip. You also need to reach the dungeon's waypoint on your alt character, it won't unlock just by clicking the key.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Edmond Dantes posted:

Well, made it to Monoliths with my first character (Spellblade) at around level... 60something? My skills are all at 17 at the moment. Ran a few 'islands' inside the first monolith, called it a night.

I know there's still a bunch to go, but not 100% sure I'm feeling Spellblade, so thought I'd try out some other classes while I kill time for next PoE league :v:

Here's a really good video which explains the different "campaign skips" you can do, and how to make sure you get all your passive points and idol slots. Also has some other powerleveling advice at the end: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGSLYU98GjM

(it's a longer video but he explains the campaign skips in the first 8-10 minutes)

StarkRavingMad fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Mar 15, 2024

WTF BEES
Feb 26, 2004

I think I just hit a creature?
So I was fighting the empowered monolith Lagon and I noticed you can just stay on the stairs and plink away at the tentacle and avoid being on the platform in front of him for basically the entire fight, and then when he dies a big tentacle falls on the stairs. Is that tentacle always supposed to be there keeping you from camping on the stairs? Because the last few times I've run him I've just chilled on the stairs and basically ignored 90% of the mechanics of the fight.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

So I found a Wraithlord's Harbor, popped it on the Necro and respecced at level 65 (required level on the hat).. and it's pretty drat hilarious. Without really good gear at all I'm seeing damage numbers higher than I've ever seen in my years of playing this game. With nothing but dread shade buffing him, he one-shots almost everything, hitting pretty much 100% crits for average of 400k damage. If I pop my summon explosive zombies (summons 6, with the corpse parasites and skeleton warriors on death) those hits shoot up to 900k~1.2 million. The only time I even bother with using Infernal Shade on him is for the final boss fight of the monolith and I didn't notice the damage numbers, but for the Rahyeh The Black Sun (non Empowered), he died on the first 'wedge' of his first weird wedge attack. He never took off. lol. His leach keeps him at full health on the boss with Infernal Shade, but he does die after the fight is over so I have to resummon.

I have zero void resist, zero physical resist (due to gear changes switching to low life) and about 3500 ward not doing anything and I've only once felt like I came close to death. I also have the belt with experimental affix to summon 4 zombies on potion use, but I've never remembered to use it so I will probably switch to a normal belt trying to patch my resists and get more health (for more ward).

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

WTF BEES posted:

So I was fighting the empowered monolith Lagon and I noticed you can just stay on the stairs and plink away at the tentacle and avoid being on the platform in front of him for basically the entire fight, and then when he dies a big tentacle falls on the stairs. Is that tentacle always supposed to be there keeping you from camping on the stairs? Because the last few times I've run him I've just chilled on the stairs and basically ignored 90% of the mechanics of the fight.

I've never had this happen, the big tentacles have always blocked the stairs, but maybe because I run up to the top to engage him and they come down after you go up? Then again I've done the fight so many times over the last couple years maybe I am just not noticing? I'll try to pay attention as his monolith is the one I just started working on with the necro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

yep he never plops his big tentacles on the stairs for me
sadly i cant use this because my blink is also my main damage