Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

RandomBlue posted:

e: pretend I didn't post some super old poo poo

the old guard is gonna keep hammering away at all the gains made in the democratization of mass media in the past two decades and to try and re-erect all five filters. i hope they fail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

War cabinet minister Benny Gantz calls Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer a “friend of Israel who helps us a lot, including recently, but he made a mistake in his speech” calling for elections in Israel to replace Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

lol

netanyahu isnt going anywhere

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Gantz seems to be losing ground politically and a new election feels like it'll just empower the hardest right parties, so this is just one more liberal straw to grasp about a political solution that'll never happen. Honestly the savvy ones are probably happy for there not to be an election, since a new right-wing PM would just make it harder to blame on an individual bad apple ibstead of the entire state and conceit of Israel.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

100% they're going to do this again

the NYT already did this... with palestinians. ran an entire multi page article about Lives That Were Ended In Gaza, with pictures

for reasons I cannot fathom

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

HallelujahLee posted:

netanyahu isnt going anywhere

netanyahu is going into the ground

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Al-Saqr posted:

netanyahu is going into the ground

allah willing

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

Dolash posted:

Gantz seems to be losing ground politically and a new election feels like it'll just empower the hardest right parties, so this is just one more liberal straw to grasp about a political solution that'll never happen. Honestly the savvy ones are probably happy for there not to be an election, since a new right-wing PM would just make it harder to blame on an individual bad apple ibstead of the entire state and conceit of Israel.

It's a little tough assessing Gantz's true appeal as a candidate right now. On one hand, he tends to beat everyone in polls by a large margin, and even on likudnik outlets like Channel 14 he scores just slightly below Netanyahu. On the other hand, his current popularity has little to do with his actual support base and is caused more so by people picking him as the obvious "not Netanyahu" choice. That's also why properly assessing the impact Saar's departure will have on his popularity isn't entirely straightforward - it'll hurt him, but I can't tell you for sure how much yet.

Anyways, neutralizing Gantz as a threat, but not so much that a critical mass of "anyone but Bibi" voters flock to Yesh Atid, is Likud's central objective here, hence why the State Camp splitting the way it did works out fantastically well for them. If they can somehow pull it off, they might actually win an election against all odds, but I still highly doubt that they'll manage to do so.

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Bottom line - since they're all Hitlers, the "best" candidate in an election is the one most likely to surrender sooner rather than later. Out of the popular candidates, Lapid seems to be the one.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
the gaza families and tribes are telling the americans, israel and mahmoud Abbas to gently caress right off

====

Head of the Gaza Clans Committee: We will not be a substitute for the government

Chairman of the Supreme Committee of Clans in Gaza, Abu Salman Al-Mughni:

Clans cannot accept to be a substitute for government and who has been chosen by the people.

Clans cannot run the country but their mission is to support the government in its work.

All family members belong to the resistance factions and we are the compatriots.

Our position will not budge and are ready to make sacrifices to the homeland.

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/live...31610;&%231606;

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

30.5 Days posted:

It’s suez maxi. If grossing in hhyswixw

anyway here's a new podcast

https://x.com/Hanni_revived/status/1768263866197156197?s=20

The guy translated it

https://twitter.com/Hanni_revived/status/1768352791859225071?t=3wJ2mivzzSQF4hZc0yi_2A&s=19

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Gunshow Poophole posted:

the NYT already did this... with palestinians. ran an entire multi page article about Lives That Were Ended In Gaza, with pictures

for reasons I cannot fathom

Wait, really?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

the bitcoin of weed posted:

regarding ancient US senator chuck schumer, you do not in fact "gonna hand it to" him

pretending that the only issue is the current Israeli government and not the entire ideology of zionism is liberal nonsense. plus its only been fascists in power for like 20 years who else would they put in there
plus he said "After this war is over," so basically still allowing israel to go hogwild with the genocide no conditions

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

Wait, really?
i was gonna ask that too.

Fast Luck has issued a correction as of 21:26 on Mar 14, 2024

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

https://twitter.com/AryJeay/status/1768367769576169491

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Ansar Allah ftw

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

are you a bad enough merchant mariner to sail around the horn

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

HallelujahLee posted:

Ansar Allah ftw

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

HallelujahLee posted:

Ansar Allah ftw

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

https://twitter.com/DeemTheDreem/status/1768301585950552170

Officer Sandvich
Feb 14, 2010
https://twitter.com/afalkhatib/status/1768195376107163763

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

please dont post random nobodies to get mad at

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

I know an engineer at DRDC who was asked about the feasibility of a Canadian hypersonics program about 10 years ago, which is one of the funnier things I've ever heard of.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Zodium posted:

please dont post random nobodies to get mad at

You can get mad at my posts, it's okay

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

funny move for a bunch of pirates

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I would assume the claim of hypersonic missiles and the claim of being able to shut down traffic even further out are linked. But, while my support towards Ansar Allah is uncritical, they are both claims I'm going to have to see fulfilled before I believe them.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
al-houthi rocking the gordon gekko suspenders

Adenoid Dan
Mar 8, 2012

The Hobo Serenader
Lipstick Apathy

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

I know an engineer at DRDC who was asked about the feasibility of a Canadian hypersonics program about 10 years ago, which is one of the funnier things I've ever heard of.

Just slap it on the end of a black Brant as an extra stage, bing bang boom

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Al-Saqr posted:

the gaza families and tribes are telling the americans, israel and mahmoud Abbas to gently caress right off

====

Head of the Gaza Clans Committee: We will not be a substitute for the government

Chairman of the Supreme Committee of Clans in Gaza, Abu Salman Al-Mughni:

Clans cannot accept to be a substitute for government and who has been chosen by the people.

Clans cannot run the country but their mission is to support the government in its work.

All family members belong to the resistance factions and we are the compatriots.

Our position will not budge and are ready to make sacrifices to the homeland.

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/live...31610;&%231606;

if you want compradors to help you subjugate their own people usually it helps in the recruitment process if you dont go on tv and declare your intent to do a genocide on them first

Adenoid Dan
Mar 8, 2012

The Hobo Serenader
Lipstick Apathy

Jel Shaker posted:

You see they actually just want the cargo containers to wash up on shore, they don't care about the cost being more than benefit because they are inscrutable Iran-backed

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Jel Shaker posted:

God, an Algerian equivalent of the AnsarAllah would be amazing

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
https://x.com/Absurd_Ruka/status/1768365295331094756?s=20

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Not going to post a link but another disgusting massacre by zionist helicopters opening fire on crowds waiting for aid in northern Gaza.

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

There was one Canadian engineer who did put hypersonic projectiles in space, remember

For the people who aren't artillerymen: this https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerald_Bull

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Adenoid Dan posted:

Just slap it on the end of a black Brant as an extra stage, bing bang boom

I think that was the idea, but they wanted the ability to abort at any stage of flight due to some requirement about humanitarian whatever, Canada's international image, but when a missile gets moving at a brisk enough clip to create plasma, radio control becomes impossible. So they didn't advance beyond that.

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

I think that was the idea, but they wanted the ability to abort at any stage of flight due to some requirement about humanitarian whatever, Canada's international image, but when a missile gets moving at a brisk enough clip to create plasma, radio control becomes impossible. So they didn't advance beyond that.

They didn't have the tech to communicate to a missile moving at 900 m/s before it hit what it hit, and they probably still don't

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Isentropy posted:

There was one Canadian engineer who did put hypersonic projectiles in space, remember

For the people who aren't artillerymen: this https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerald_Bull

How can you have hypersonic projectiles in space when there's no sound in space

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

lmbo

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Action Jacktion posted:

How can you have hypersonic projectiles in space when there's no sound in space

You'll need to use speed relative to the ground remembering the earth is curved. You wouldn't have the exact speed but rough enough distance. Ballistics and fluid dynamics is still a thing we don't really fully understand. But I'm glad the west is spending all their money researching chatbots instead

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

:pwn:

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

binch can't even get his goatee to connect with his sideburns no way he's putting together a coherent argument

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

HallelujahLee posted:

Ansar Allah ftw