Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Posters like wizard hands and pencil master are actually good for the forums

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Grit in the oyster makes a pearl

naem
May 29, 2011

Karanas posted:

Batman doesn't fit with the rest of the DCverse and never has :colbert:

that’s because he’s the only good DC character

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

naem posted:

I love the Sandman side of things

Fighting Elegy
Jan 2, 2007
I do not masturbate; I FIGHT!
Shane Black isn't a good writer and is like really, really misogynistic. I like some film makers/writers who have some misogyny issues but drat that guy takes it another level.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

The Lethal Weapon guy?? No way.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
pussies can in fact echo if they are large enough. for example your mother's

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

dreezy posted:

pussies can in fact echo if they are large enough. for example your mother's

Bro?

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

Bro…bro…bro

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

BRO!!!!!

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
brobobot

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Give me 4 hard core bros and I can change the world....

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

redshirt posted:

Give me 4 hard conebros and I can change the world....

Karanas
Jul 17, 2011

Euuuuuuuugh

naem posted:

For me honestly it's that the tone of his stories makes zero sense when you've got the likes of Superman and the Flash running around. And yeah writers came up with a million justifications to just hand wave it away but it's all bullshit nonsense.

naem
May 29, 2011

Karanas posted:

For me honestly it's that the tone of his stories makes zero sense when you've got the likes of Superman and the Flash running around. And yeah writers came up with a million justifications to just hand wave it away but it's all bullshit nonsense.

https://youtu.be/Iv9e7ZNnC-M?si=HHq2SVcuMDqJ9xe6

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Batman isn't a superhero, he's a comedic device. Either he is the straight man of the group and jokes are being made at his expense, OR it's full Adam West-style 'Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb'. Comedy is where Batman lives, and thrives.

Serious stoic Batman attempts? Yeah that poo poo is super boring. His 'rise to power' does not interest me bc who gives a gently caress about a vigilante cop beating people up on his own whims except the types of psychos who also secretly wanna be cops?

At least if you're going to idolize a superhero, go with Superman, who is legitimately pure and good at heart, instead of Detective Officer Beat-em-up whose whole thing is he works as an unseen arm of the police.

There is no way on god's green earth the best solution to fighting crime is Elon Musk with trauma, who is also quietly sanctioned by the police. That's loving nightmare fuel, that is.

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Mar 14, 2024

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
(don't try to argue cops hate Batman, that's the rank-and-file - Batman has the sign-off and cooperation from cop leadership, Jim Gordon)

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

the punisher is batman done honestly

naem
May 29, 2011

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Batman isn't a superhero, he's a comedic device. Either he is the straight man of the group and jokes are being made at his expense, OR it's full Adam West-style 'Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb'. Comedy is where Batman lives, and thrives.

Serious stoic Batman attempts? Yeah that poo poo is super boring. His 'rise to power' does not interest me bc who gives a gently caress about a vigilante cop beating people up on his own whims except the types of psychos who also secretly wanna be cops?

At least if you're going to idolize a superhero, go with Superman, who is legitimately pure and good at heart, instead of Detective Officer Beat-em-up whose whole thing is he works as an unseen arm of the police.

There is no way on god's green earth the best solution to fighting crime is Elon Musk with trauma, who is also quietly sanctioned by the police. That's loving nightmare fuel, that is.

https://youtu.be/rnQ036KAluc?si=d4GrLvW4otB63NEY

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

the punisher is a broke-rear end batman

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Batman's super power is he's the Worlds Greatest Detective

its just hard for comic books to portray Batman outthinking people when the audience is dumb as poo poo for reading comic books :v:

Karanas
Jul 17, 2011

Euuuuuuuugh

Yeah I love Solid jj too

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Vampire Panties posted:

Batman's super power is he's the Worlds Greatest Detective

its just hard for comic books to portray Batman outthinking people when the audience is dumb as poo poo for reading comic books :v:

The ratio of bad comic book movies to good ones is unreal.

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

naem posted:

Snowflame is a DC character

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Nocheez posted:

The ratio of bad comic book movies to good ones is unreal.

:hmmyes: The entirety of the Marvel Cinematic Universe is/was a shared hallucination that shitass movies were somehow cool, and good

Blade and Tim Burton's Batman are the only good comic book movies

Mr Teatime
Apr 7, 2009

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

my first tattoo that i wanted was spqr, the laurels, and a roman fasces, when i was a teen/early 20s cause i was hella into the classics lol

glad to not have that on my body these days

If I had gotten tattoos at that age I would likely be covered in regrettable anime tats, vs now if I were to get them there would only be some regrettable anime tats.

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark
Anyone calling themselves punk isn't.

Wearing punk fashion is just putting on another conformist uniform.

Just like cool, others have to call you cool, it's not something you can apply to yourself.

In this essay I will...

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

These forums are too political and not nearly as funny as it once was

Mr.Acula fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Mar 15, 2024

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

gbs was never funny

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

dervival posted:

gbs was never funny

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Edited for clarity

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

GBS is the best forum on the site

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Mr.Acula posted:

Edited for clarity

have you checked out fyad lately?

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

I'll be honest, it was worse a few years ago in terms of politics. I mean, we do have a kind of learned helplessness vibe lately but at least we got rid of the authoritarian tankie adjacents for the most part.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Punisher is GED Batman

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Tarkus posted:

I'll be honest, it was worse a few years ago in terms of politics. I mean, we do have a kind of learned helplessness vibe lately but at least we got rid of the authoritarian tankie adjacents for the most part.

Uh

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

dervival posted:

gbs was never funny

Bull poo poo

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Chief McHeath posted:

Punisher is GED Batman

Dexter is sexier subscription cable TV Punisher

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019