Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Bellmaker posted:

Great for Chicago in theory but WRs go there to die soooooooooooooo :shrug:

DJ Moore certainly didn't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Bellmaker posted:

Great for Chicago in theory but WRs go there to die soooooooooooooo :shrug:

DJ Moore just had the best year of his career after becoming a Bear, so this is now football libel and you shall be punished for it.

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

Cavauro posted:

chargers will be fine with a top rookie wr and obj and hollywood brown hunter renfrow

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
I thought Hollywood Brown would be out of the Chiefs' price range, but that's a great deal for a better version of MVS.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Why did the Chargers cap situation turbofuck them to *checks notes* literal death when the Saints have managed to kick the can down the road for, what, a decade now?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

surf rock posted:

Why did the Chargers cap situation turbofuck them to *checks notes* literal death when the Saints have managed to kick the can down the road for, what, a decade now?

Because the Chargers recognize how low their ceiling is, so rather then eternally fail to win cripple fights for the worst division in football like the Sains, the Chargers chose to take their medicine and reset their bad roster while Herbie is still young

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

surf rock posted:

Because the Chargers ripped the bandaid off now instead of kicking the can down the road.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Cavauro posted:

chargers will be fine with a top rookie wr and obj and hollywood brown

well Brown is with the Chiefs now soooooooooo

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Chargers to draft Bowers at 6, go full Harball and average 170 passing yards/game. They go 12-5.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!
I think I’m inclined to take Michael Thomas over OBJ.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!

Forrest on Fire posted:

Chargers to draft Bowers at 6, go full Harball and average 170 passing yards/game. They go 12-5.

You mean Joe Alt and 90 yards passing

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

He was kind of poo poo with the cardinals

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

a neat cape posted:

Because the Chargers ripped the bandaid off now instead of kicking the can down the road.
They kinda didn't though. Not sure what keeping Mack for another year will do for them long-term.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
The Saints always manage to get players to restructure deals when they need it, whereas Allen just told the Chargers to pound sand

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i said hollywood clown

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
You're going to have to narrow it down, on account of all the clowns in the entertainment industry. (Just joking around — much respect to all celebs. - x)

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Calidus posted:

You mean Joe Alt and 90 yards passing

Spiritual successor to MartyBall

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I can't believe a blown lead against the Jags in the playoffs ended the Justin Herbert era

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1768485409753883112?t=vIrmBEYqFSkLIlYYpsRaLw&s=19

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Whoever had posted in either this thread or the nfcn thread something like

quote:

what if they trade Herbie for big bux and draft JJ
had me thinking some really interesting thoughts because that’s an entirely Jim Harbaugh move that could happen, I feel

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that's why they call him jim hardball

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

So hypothetically where would Herbie land? NE?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

They aren't trading Justin Herbert. It would be a 100 million dollar dead cap hit. Herbert is the only reason Jim took the loving job

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i guess minnesota e: nvm. just read above

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

So hypothetically where would Herbie land? NE?

Pretty much everyone in the league would be considering throwing Watson level compensation. Apart from about 8 teams.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
The Chargers should be competitive again within Herbert's contract. Emphasis on "should" because it will require skilled GM work and a bit of luck, but having the QB is 75% of the battle.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
ehh i get it, they probably asked all the big money dudes to restructure and only Mack & Bosa agreed.

good news is its a WR rich draft so there's plenty of good talent available. Also Harbaugh's not averse to passing the ball, he's just a lunatic about having a ball control offense which means plenty of running

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Relentlessboredomm posted:

ehh i get it, they probably asked all the big money dudes to restructure and only Mack & Bosa agreed.

good news is its a WR rich draft so there's plenty of good talent available. Also Harbaugh's not averse to passing the ball, he's just a lunatic about having a ball control offense which means plenty of running

My head knows you're correct.

But keenan was my favorite player and literally the last San Diego Charger.

I'm just gonna be sad for a bit

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

a neat cape posted:

My head knows you're correct.

But keenan was my favorite player and literally the last San Diego Charger.

I'm just gonna be sad for a bit

i understand, i thought we were gonna lose Evans this offseason and I imagine if we had a young expensive QB we would've

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Wasn't Bosa a San Diego Charger

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

xbilkis posted:

Wasn't Bosa a San Diego Charger

poo poo, you're right.

OK second to last.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Malik Nabers, you are a Los Angeles Charger

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I'm surprised the Ravens didn't make a play for Allen if the cost was just a 4th. That's the exact kind of WR acquisition we've had success with in the past.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
I think many teams would pay a 4th in isolation. Chicago won out because they had the cap space for that contract.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

A restructure is not a pay cut.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

shirts and skins posted:

POOOOOONAAAAAAAA

also the 0LB defense dream is dead in Seattle

https://x.com/Schultz_Report/status/1768420399115559179?s=20
Dodson was a largely unpopular-with-the-fans backup, who had to step up when Milano's season ended very early. Much better against the run than the pass, and McDermott basically came up with a scheme that minimised his exposure to the latter. The end result was certainly way better than anyone expected. As long as they haven't overpaid him and use him within his skills, he could be an ok addition. But nobody in Buffalo is going to be disappointed to get back to the Milano-Bernard combo.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Relentlessboredomm posted:

also greg roman is the OC so you know that the second his plane touched down in LA he told all the wideouts to gently caress off

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

I know the last thing Chiefs fans want are WRs with unreliable hands but I really think Hollywood will do well there

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://x.com/dmrussini/status/1768635043209986290?s=46

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

…first brick in place to trade up for a QB potentially? I guess?