Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Activate
Oct 29, 2011

Does the objective of an echo only spawn once you beat enough enemies, or is it always there and beating enemies just reveals it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

WTF BEES posted:

So I was fighting the empowered monolith Lagon and I noticed you can just stay on the stairs and plink away at the tentacle and avoid being on the platform in front of him for basically the entire fight, and then when he dies a big tentacle falls on the stairs. Is that tentacle always supposed to be there keeping you from camping on the stairs? Because the last few times I've run him I've just chilled on the stairs and basically ignored 90% of the mechanics of the fight.

tentacles fall to block you in to the upper floor in story Lagon, and pre-1.0 they used to fall and lock you in for monolith Lagon as well. but it wouldn't be the only thing made easier in 1.0 so i dunno if it's a bug or just a nerf.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Activate posted:

Does the objective of an echo only spawn once you beat enough enemies, or is it always there and beating enemies just reveals it?

It's supposed to be the former, but I've definitely had a couple Echoes where, whoops, the boss was revealed as soon as I portal'd in.

edit: Initial post slightly misleading. There are "find and kill the patrol(s)" Echo objectives which are revealed from the beginning, but most are "kill a bunch of monster to reveal where the actual objective is".

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Mar 15, 2024

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

WTF BEES posted:

So I was fighting the empowered monolith Lagon and I noticed you can just stay on the stairs and plink away at the tentacle and avoid being on the platform in front of him for basically the entire fight, and then when he dies a big tentacle falls on the stairs. Is that tentacle always supposed to be there keeping you from camping on the stairs? Because the last few times I've run him I've just chilled on the stairs and basically ignored 90% of the mechanics of the fight.

The left stairs always had a spot where you could be safe from everything but tentacle slaps and the occasional wave, but there should be a tentacle blocking the way on both sides. I know towards the start of release that the blockade wasn't showing up right, don't know if it's still doing that, as I got a perfect roll on my first try and don't like that fight

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Activate posted:

Anecdotally it seems like you can stumble across the boss/gate, but you have to go out of your way not to kill enemies to do it. You could test it pretty easily by just exploring the map without killing any monsters.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
17/76 LA in storm, 129c

that's all the loot from these 17 runs, I got what I needed finally
thanks btw

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

oh huh, this 2lp wraithlords harbour i found awhile ago is worth a fuckton apparently.

e: basically insta-sold at 18 mil. i had 1 mil before lol.

Awesome! fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Mar 15, 2024

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

LibrarianCroaker posted:

Yes, you can do monos as soon as you get to the end of time (you can do this on your first character too). Some builds can handle it better than others, but legendaries help a lot.

Yes, you need a set of keys to do the dungeon skip. You also need to reach the dungeon's waypoint on your alt character, it won't unlock just by clicking the key.
Alright, glad to see I can still read good. Cheers. :v:

StarkRavingMad posted:

Here's a really good video which explains the different "campaign skips" you can do, and how to make sure you get all your passive points and idol slots. Also has some other powerleveling advice at the end: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGSLYU98GjM

(it's a longer video but he explains the campaign skips in the first 8-10 minutes)

oh that's a great video, thanks!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Can LP pull from a sealed affix, or is that always off-limits?

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

exquisite tea posted:

Can LP pull from a sealed affix, or is that always off-limits?

It can only pull from unsealed affixes

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I’ve done empowered lagon twice recently and yeah no tentacle on stairs both times.

99% of my deaths are from not paying attention and/or trying to hurry. I could never play hardcore.

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Mar 15, 2024

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

The Locator posted:

So I found a Wraithlord's Harbor, popped it on the Necro and respecced at level 65 (required level on the hat).. and it's pretty drat hilarious. Without really good gear at all I'm seeing damage numbers higher than I've ever seen in my years of playing this game. With nothing but dread shade buffing him, he one-shots almost everything, hitting pretty much 100% crits for average of 400k damage. If I pop my summon explosive zombies (summons 6, with the corpse parasites and skeleton warriors on death) those hits shoot up to 900k~1.2 million. The only time I even bother with using Infernal Shade on him is for the final boss fight of the monolith and I didn't notice the damage numbers, but for the Rahyeh The Black Sun (non Empowered), he died on the first 'wedge' of his first weird wedge attack. He never took off. lol. His leach keeps him at full health on the boss with Infernal Shade, but he does die after the fight is over so I have to resummon.

I have zero void resist, zero physical resist (due to gear changes switching to low life) and about 3500 ward not doing anything and I've only once felt like I came close to death. I also have the belt with experimental affix to summon 4 zombies on potion use, but I've never remembered to use it so I will probably switch to a normal belt trying to patch my resists and get more health (for more ward).

Yeah its hilarious, the build is also tanky as hell because you basically just run away from anything that wants to hit you and hide behind your wraithlord until everything is dead. That also means that nothing can kill you while you look at a piece of loot and decide if you want to pick it up.

I saw another variant that swaps volatile zombies for bone curse, with the node that makes bone prisons around the target, because the bone prison walls also count as minions, and they get a TON of health so they provide a huge boost when the wraithlord eats them. I thought about trying it, but then I realized the wraithlord already does infinite damage and will never be killed by anything except Infernal Shade, and volatile zombies still explode when they get consumed, so you can use them to help clear waves of weaker enemies that would take your wraithlord much longer to kill only 3 at a time.

Because it's so braindead easy to play and gear for (nothing matters but your wraith, so minion necrotic damage, penetration, minion crit multiplier, levels of wraith, int) I'll just use that to farm stuff for other characters that use more buttons.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Kaddish posted:

I’ve done empowered lagon twice recently and yeah no tentacle on stairs both times.

99% of my deaths are from not paying attention and/or trying to hurry. I could never play hardcore.

The number of times I've died looking while at my inventory or skill trees tells me I could never play hardcore.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
my dumbass falls asleep while playing sometimes, no HC for me

(note: this is not the game's fault for being boring but my baby's fault for being a baby)

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

whypick1 posted:

It's supposed to be the former, but I've definitely had a couple Echoes where, whoops, the boss was revealed as soon as I portal'd in.

edit: Initial post slightly misleading. There are "find and kill the patrol(s)" Echo objectives which are revealed from the beginning, but most are "kill a bunch of monster to reveal where the actual objective is".

I have spawned on the guy I am supposed to kill. Literally finished the mono in 3 seconds.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

One of the sewer maps tends to plop you right next to the boss or spire you need to kill which is pretty nice. I have stumbled across the boss randomly before the location is given to me in other maps too though.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Kaysette posted:

(note: this is not the game's fault for being boring but my baby's fault for being a baby)

Ugh, the next generation are such slackers!

Unrelated, other than Necromancer, is there a build/class that does the minion thing well? I know a lot of classes have minions, but I don't think anyone else can fill their entire skill slots with minions and call it a day.

King Cocoa Butter
Mar 24, 2021

Don't be ashy.
Primalist would be the next best thing, you can run whole the zoo, wolves, squirrels, it's a good time.

Forge guard has a few pet options but you won't fill your bar with them

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

bamhand posted:

I have spawned on the guy I am supposed to kill. Literally finished the mono in 3 seconds.

That's probably Festering Sewers. I tested that map for exile mage farming but having the boss spawn next to the mage was too annoying.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

A Moose posted:

Yeah its hilarious, the build is also tanky as hell because you basically just run away from anything that wants to hit you and hide behind your wraithlord until everything is dead. That also means that nothing can kill you while you look at a piece of loot and decide if you want to pick it up.

I saw another variant that swaps volatile zombies for bone curse, with the node that makes bone prisons around the target, because the bone prison walls also count as minions, and they get a TON of health so they provide a huge boost when the wraithlord eats them. I thought about trying it, but then I realized the wraithlord already does infinite damage and will never be killed by anything except Infernal Shade, and volatile zombies still explode when they get consumed, so you can use them to help clear waves of weaker enemies that would take your wraithlord much longer to kill only 3 at a time.

Because it's so braindead easy to play and gear for (nothing matters but your wraith, so minion necrotic damage, penetration, minion crit multiplier, levels of wraith, int) I'll just use that to farm stuff for other characters that use more buttons.

I'm really enjoying the super lazy and friendly playstyle because I often have to go afk with little or no warning... So far 100% of the time this has happened I come back to the game to find myself alive in the middle of a field of gold and loot with my big ol' bodyguard chilling out waiting for me.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Lpzie posted:

That's probably Festering Sewers. I tested that map for exile mage farming but having the boss spawn next to the mage was too annoying.

I think it was some outdoor map with dinosaurs. I don't recall if it was a real boss or just a single patrol. In any case, I spawned, Aerial Assaulted onto the guy, and the mono was complete!

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Finally one of my 10 mil gambles paid off. I needed 8 hits on 24 forge potential. And it got close enough. ended with T4 flat hp which isn't that valuable anyway. End result and the item that got me from 16k ward to 19k ward:

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Is there a way to target farm that Health Lost / Gained As Ward? I think I saw some people a few pages back talking about a particular echo that's likely to spawn near one of the Experimental Wizardy Guys?

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Sab669 posted:

Is there a way to target farm that Health Lost / Gained As Ward? I think I saw some people a few pages back talking about a particular echo that's likely to spawn near one of the Experimental Wizardy Guys?

Yeah that's a good method. Goes faster at higher corruption. Lagonian Arena in the stolen lance or ending the storm or uhh. age of winter maybe, timelines.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Cool, I'm assembling gear for it now. It's clearly very effective.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
if you're cof, you just regularly get exalted experimental affixes. if you're trade, you probably gotta buy it unless u wanna waste your time farming one of 2 or 3 maps that spawn the mage close and get nothing else done

WTF BEES
Feb 26, 2004

I think I just hit a creature?

LibrarianCroaker posted:

tentacles fall to block you in to the upper floor in story Lagon, and pre-1.0 they used to fall and lock you in for monolith Lagon as well. but it wouldn't be the only thing made easier in 1.0 so i dunno if it's a bug or just a nerf.

Im pretty sure they're supposed to, but just don't because they suddenly spawn in again after the fight is over. It's pretty funny because on the stairs you're watching all the mechanics just go by unable to touch you.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Lpzie posted:

Finally one of my 10 mil gambles paid off. I needed 8 hits on 24 forge potential. And it got close enough. ended with T4 flat hp which isn't that valuable anyway. End result and the item that got me from 16k ward to 19k ward:

Is the best way to build ward (low-life) other than getting a high tier experimental affix just to have health on everything so that your 'missing health' is larger? Obviously ward/sec and ward retention are also good.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

WTF BEES posted:

Im pretty sure they're supposed to, but just don't because they suddenly spawn in again after the fight is over. It's pretty funny because on the stairs you're watching all the mechanics just go by unable to touch you.

I just killed Lagon in the un-empowered monolith and the tentacles definitely were blocking the path... I had just enough time to check that they were in both sides before my Wraithlord erased Lagon, lol.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
In empowered at least they show up at the beginning and then just disappear.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

The Locator posted:

Is the best way to build ward (low-life) other than getting a high tier experimental affix just to have health on everything so that your 'missing health' is larger? Obviously ward/sec and ward retention are also good.

Yeah, that's right. In this LL EQ BM build, we get the ward retention for free with the Cleaver Solution 1h axe that makes your INT (4% ward retention per) equal to your STR. and we stack STR cause it scales our earthquake damage and makes each point of Armour worth more.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Tonetta posted:

if you're cof, you just regularly get exalted experimental affixes. if you're trade, you probably gotta buy it unless u wanna waste your time farming one of 2 or 3 maps that spawn the mage close and get nothing else done

Yeah, speaking from MG, it's not clear to me what's the best money making strat here. Just play normally, getting good loot from node rewards and such, or target farming experimentals. But I do know that it kinda simplifies the market experience for me. I have like 7 tabs full of crap i need to list but every time i think about doing it i get annoyed at how much time it'll take. Whereas I listed 4 tabs of experimentals yesterday and it was not as annoying to do just cause of how similar everything was. And the money was good. Probably a mix is fine, for your sanity.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Lpzie posted:

Yeah that's a good method. Goes faster at higher corruption. Lagonian Arena in the stolen lance or ending the storm or uhh. age of winter maybe, timelines.

:toot: My first empowered Mono exiled mage gave me some [lovely] gloves with that on it, but even though it's a big DPS loss for me the survivability should go way up now.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
The stash/crafting in this game is top-tier. Ever ARPG should steal it.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Kaddish posted:

The stash/crafting in this game is top-tier. Ever ARPG should steal it.

It's pretty good but I would kill for one of these
https://youtu.be/PvJdB96efrY

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Also missing tab affinities.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Jack Trades posted:

It's pretty good but I would kill for one of these
https://youtu.be/PvJdB96efrY

PoE does nothing for me these days, it feels... old/worn. :shrug:

Maybe 2 will work out but my arthritis will probably not appreciate it.

Activate
Oct 29, 2011

Could someone running ignite warlock post their build please? I want an example to refer to, especially post patch.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Activate posted:

Could someone running ignite warlock post their build please? I want an example to refer to, especially post patch.

I can't get the belt to drop so haven't tried this yet, but am planning on following this generally.

https://www.lastepochtools.com/planner/QJWEvjqB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Activate
Oct 29, 2011

Kaddish posted:

I can't get the belt to drop so haven't tried this yet, but am planning on following this generally.

https://www.lastepochtools.com/planner/QJWEvjqB

Thank you, I like fire.