Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Hell, it’s even kind of recommended that you level two jobs at the same time just because of how much experience the main story gives you between the quests and the dungeons that you’re required to do for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Make one of those jobs Summoner/Scholar and you can technically level 3 up at once.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Branching job off of arcanist but it's a physical melee job and when your weapons start diverging instead of grimoires and codexes you get biology major textbooks to bean mobs with.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

MadFriarAvelyn posted:

Branching job off of arcanist but it's a physical melee job and when your weapons start diverging instead of grimoires and codexes you get biology major textbooks to bean mobs with.

Bookwyrm. Tiny dragon minion that annoys enemies while you smack them with books.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

want this to be real

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Mordiceius posted:

Make sure you join Third Party Tools. That's still the "newbie" FC, right? Or is there a newer one?

Eorzea Mahjong Club (EMC) is the newest "big" (it's new enough to not be at member capacity) goon fc on excal. TPT isn't so much a "newbie" fc but it does have a no-msq-spoilers-in-chat policy that is reasonably strictly enforced. i think all the goon companies are a bit sleepy at the moment due to where we are in the release cycle but there should be some regulars on in all of them

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

have a feeling these are part of the release coutdown artworks

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Blockhouse posted:

have a feeling these are part of the release coutdown artworks

Nah, they fit right in with those other rectangular job arts that they like to release as bookmarks or one big poster.

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank
Yeah, there's art like that for every job and associated merch that gets updated periodically. Here's the Stormblood and Endwalker versions of the full desk mouse pads, for example.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I think the cat face is fine, it's the way the hair frames it that makes the shape seem strange until you look a little more closely.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Rynoto posted:

Bookwyrm. Tiny dragon minion that annoys enemies while you smack them with books.

(incredibly annoying singsong voice) BLIZZARD DID IT, BLIZZARD DID IT

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

World War Mammories posted:

(incredibly annoying singsong voice) BLIZZARD DID IT, BLIZZARD DID IT

They did a wyrm that’s really into books.

A wyrm that’s made of books and scrolls and such is still on the table.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

With regards to leveling different Jobs, the only restrictions are:

1) You have to get the Class you picked at character creation to level 10 and do the quest where your guildmaster gives you permission to try other Classes.

2) For any Jobs added in an expansion, you must have said expansion registered to the account you're playing.

3) Expansion Jobs require you to reach a specific level in any Job before you can unlock them. This level requirement is 50 for Heavensward* and Stormblood Jobs, 60 for Shadowbringers Jobs, and 70 for Endwalker Jobs. Dawntrail will require Level 80. Being added in a post-launch patch, Rogue/Ninja works like the other Classes from character creation, only requiring Step 1, above.

*The Heavensward Jobs (Dark Knight, Machinist, and Astrologian) also require you to complete ALL of the A Realm Reborn MSQ and start the Heavensward MSQ. The NPCs for them are locked in a city you can't access until then. Fortunately, the devs learned their lesson about this, and all new Jobs from Stormblood on can be unlocked in one of the three starting cities.

With the exception of the Classes available at character creation and Rogue, all Jobs start at a higher level: 30 for the Heavensward Jobs, 50 for the Stormblood Jobs (Samurai and Red Mage), 60 for the Shadowbringers Jobs (Gunbreaker and Dancer), and 70 for the Endwalker Jobs (Reaper and Sage). Dawntrail Jobs will start at 80 (Viper and Pictomancer).

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
the only downside to levelling multiple jobs simultaneously is inventory problems. Just remember to clear out your armoury chest sometimes or you'll be choking in outdated jewelry and weapons

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

YggiDee posted:

the only downside to levelling multiple jobs simultaneously is inventory problems. Just remember to clear out your armoury chest sometimes or you'll be choking in outdated jewelry and weapons

Highly recommend finding the setting that automatically dumps gear into your armory chest and turning that poo poo off

lines
Aug 18, 2013

She, laughing in mockery, changed herself into a wren and flew away.

YggiDee posted:

This is basically the reason I levelled every class to lv50 (and, very soon, lvl60): just helps with the gear issue!

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

lines posted:

This is basically the reason I levelled every class to lv50 (and, very soon, lvl60): just helps with the gear issue!

The most valid reason.

Now if only they would take inspiration from/steal/copy GW2 cosmetic system :sigh:

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Rynoto posted:

The most valid reason.

Now if only they would take inspiration from/steal/copy GW2 cosmetic system :sigh:

Not a good idea; GW2 has no way to save presets. The glam system, as cumbersome as it is, is honestly mostly fine - what it needs the most is simply more: 20 presets is way too few (not even one per job come Dawntrail anymore if not increased) and more room in the storage locker.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

lines posted:

Yeah I didn't do it with the combat jobs, but I leveled up all of my crafters more or less simultaneously even though it took longer to do. The gear situation would have been unmanageable otherwise.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Rynoto posted:

The most valid reason.

WoW, for all of its faults, has an excellent transmog system. The only thing it needs it dyes.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Little Princess is always a good time for gpose props.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Next weekend, make sure to test FFXIV's upcoming features by invading Australia.

leaptosleep
Jun 13, 2023

Cleretic posted:

Next weekend, make sure to test FFXIV's upcoming features by invading Australia.

I wonder what this means in the long term for Materia once they open the gates both ways. I imagine they're just going to go to the Japanese DCs for everything like Dynamis in NA.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

i think they will never let foreigners onto the jp dcs

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Failboattootoot posted:

They both suck, but laver is worse. They suck for the same reason, which is that there's nowhere you can go to just farm either. Both ingredients sit around in clusters of 7ish so you're going to have to gather something else to get the nodes to respawn. Laver wins out on sucking by being underwater and spread out, while salts nodes at least have the decency to all be clumped in a cave. Usually farmed both at the same time actually. Hit the salt cave off the SE coast, then the laver that's like 30 seconds of flight away, then back to salt and repeat. That's still a very obnoxious farm though.

Did you know that all gathering points refresh when you enter a duty?
The Triple Triad Battlehall is a duty

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Cleretic posted:

Aaaaa this is so exciting! Party at my beach house y'all!

Materia: Ravana Shiro Ward 17 Plot 19

G-Spot Run fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Mar 15, 2024

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Cleretic posted:

Materia will die once the reverse is open

lines
Aug 18, 2013

Zeruel posted:

Which is why they probably won't open it.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Zeruel posted:

A lot of people didn't move to Materia because they walked back the original statement about cross server dc travel. From my admittedly anecdotal experience.

People who want to keep in touch with existing friends but raid with not poo poo ping will only benefit.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
That is nice and all but I would prefer them to focus on merging same region data centers first.

lines
Aug 18, 2013

Mr. Neutron posted:

That is nice and all but I would prefer them to focus on merging same region data centers first.

This is a lot easier for them - it's just flicking a switch as it were.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Mr. Neutron posted:

I'm guessing that is one of the end results of their future migration of the DCs to cloud servers

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?
Am I missing something about Red Mage?

Seems like it takes WAY too long to charge the combo, and then the combo itself is extremely underwhelming.

Does it open up more at end game?

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

What level are you playing at? What are you using for your rotation?

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Cleretic posted:

did you know? in Materia, Syrcus Tower and Antitower duties are inverted

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

HaB posted:

Seems like it takes WAY too long to charge the combo, and then the combo itself is extremely underwhelming.

By level 90 the burst combo is three melee attacks and then three different magic nukes (Verflare or Verholy into Scorch into Resolution). Additionally you have two stacks of acceleration and a spell called manafication to fill your gauge faster/instantly give you 50/50. The core rotation stays more or less the same from the lowest levels on up but yes, the burst gets much more fun as you get more powerful.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
You get the manafication cooldown later as well as additional big whammy buttons tied to executing the combo, so you hit your magic steroids, zip in, give em the stabbin', do a sweet backflip and strike a pose as you cast Big Magic Explosion. Executing your melee combo gives you about 130+350ish+350+350+180, your movement abilities sneak that 310+ in there on both ends, it's adding the whammies later that really shoots it ahead of the possibility of double casts with procs, which admittedly looks very similar with 340+360.. but your jolt is only 170 and you need to jolt sometimes to get things rolling.

If you are hard casting a 3 second spell then there's your problem.

It starts a bit slow farming 50/50 with double casts and your only real stimuli is balancing it and paying attention to ver-procs but... yeah, that's the class!

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Mar 15, 2024

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

quiggy posted:

more :words: about RDM

Fair enough. I will stick with it a bit longer.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

HaB posted:

Depends on your definition of long I guess. Been awhile since I rdm'd but I think you tend to average 3-4 melee combos per 2 minutes at 90, but that's pretty in line with other jobs. Or at least, in line with how often reapers can enshroud and machinists can overheat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Data Center Travel is cool, but without making party finder cross-data center, it loving sucks!