Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

MJeff posted:

Is Pre Astyanax IV worth farming the GM for? If so, which roll should I be going for, if not, which tier of Lake of Shadows is best for farming up some rep?

Just scoping out the rolls here, just kinda seems like a less good non-craftable Tyranny of Heaven.

Besides the Wild Card origin trait you're genuinely just as well off focusing the regular Vanguard Solar bow, Strident Whistle lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

syntaxfunction posted:

Okay, soft sunsetting then.

Or alternatively we could petition Bungie to do a proper sunset. It *does* feel like we're due.

the only sunsetting we're due for is sunsetting of the idea that sunsetting was good or necessary or something that should happen again

forced obsolescence sucks rear end. the point of the game is finding loot that you like, and turning off loot runs counter to that

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
is something hosed with the focus activity packages?

i just did the focused gambit activity, completed 2 matches as Titan, Titan won, I have/had the class item equipped the whole time. I didn't receive the package.

this is the second time it's happened. Do I need to complete 3 matches or something for it to count?

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Oh lol. I went to the tower, farted around talking to eva thinking that would trigger something, nothing did, and then as I went to orbit it popped into my inventory.

:bungie:

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Kith posted:

the only sunsetting we're due for is sunsetting of the idea that sunsetting was good or necessary or something that should happen again

forced obsolescence sucks rear end. the point of the game is finding loot that you like, and turning off loot runs counter to that

People really forget sunsetting also affected armor and was introduced alongside a still-semi-new seasonal model and expansion content was still getting thrown in the DCV. Luke Smith’s vision of Destiny was a game where everything had an expiration date and the effort you put into the game was completely erased after one year.

Pirate Jet fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Mar 15, 2024

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Pirate Jet posted:

People really forget sunsetting also affected armor and was introduced alongside a still-semi-new seasonal model and expansion content was still getting thrown in the DCV. Luke Smith’s vision of Destiny was a game where everything had an expiration date and the effort you put into the game was completely erased after one year.

They had dreams of keeping players on an infinite loot treadmill, but instead of putting a carrot at the front of the treadmill, they decided to put a pile of barbed wire and broken glass at the back of it.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

ex post facho posted:

Oh lol. I went to the tower, farted around talking to eva thinking that would trigger something, nothing did, and then as I went to orbit it popped into my inventory.

:bungie:

It sometimes takes like ten minutes after the event ends for it to update and send me the package, yeah, but if you did one completed iteration of the thing with the class that won you should get it eventually

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
I have multiple rewards packages overdue by several days, now. I ended up getting a 2nd twitch drop yesterday, and that was just enough to put me over the top for the Drop In skimmer. So, now I don't even care if I get those stupid packages. Got my shiny skimmer, so I'm good now.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!

Finster Dexter posted:

I have multiple rewards packages overdue by several days, now. I ended up getting a 2nd twitch drop yesterday, and that was just enough to put me over the top for the Drop In skimmer. So, now I don't even care if I get those stupid packages. Got my shiny skimmer, so I'm good now.

if you haven't gotten them yet you probably aren't getting them. they'll go to the post if you have any medal caches in your inventory, since you can only hold one ever, and when a focus activity rolls over the best thing to do it you don't get it right away is to log out then back in.

so it's good you don't care I guess

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

doomfunk posted:

if you haven't gotten them yet you probably aren't getting them. they'll go to the post if you have any medal caches in your inventory, since you can only hold one ever, and when a focus activity rolls over the best thing to do it you don't get it right away is to log out then back in.

so it's good you don't care I guess

Yeah I did all that nonsense with the logging out etc. Seems to just be broken for some people.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

It is funny how the TWAB says things are strong for hunters 'at the moment' when it seems to have been fixed for titans this week.

Halibut Barn
May 30, 2005

help
I think I remember seeing somewhere that reward packages won't be delivered while a focused event is in progress even if the package is for a previous event. So, if you're always playing at around the same time, and that overlaps with an event, that can keep delaying the package for you. If that's the case, try logging in again later, at least 15 minutes or so after the event is finished (there seems to be some grace period for the stragglers that started their run right before the event ends).

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019
I like when they have stuff happen in the last city, it's a very cool setting

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

MJeff posted:

Is Pre Astyanax IV worth farming the GM for? If so, which roll should I be going for, if not, which tier of Lake of Shadows is best for farming up some rep?

Just scoping out the rolls here, just kinda seems like a less good non-craftable Tyranny of Heaven.

The Wild Card origin trait brings a lot to the table for add clear; that, plus the overall stat package when masterworked, distinguishes it from Strident Whistle.

It’s personal preference on how it competes with a crafted Tyranny, tbh; different archetypes, after all. I feel like Tyranny pigeonholes you into +Accuracy to compensate for the Lightweight archetype but YMMV.

If you are willing to tolerate Lake of Shadows for it, the usual go-to is Incandescent with either Archers Tempo or Explosive Head, altho Archers/Tricorn could also be solid for some builds (esp Verity’s Brow).

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
This winners package thing is BS. I've been logging in and doing the focus activity with the correct class. And I've gotten it once out of the five or six times I've done it. Did all of the stupid reset relog wait a hour do another event bs as well as having an empty medal case and no focus running to no avail.

Even hit it right after reset and got nothing. What a pain.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Just...play like 3 games and stay online until it's done. Clear out medallions and make sure you dont already have one.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
Titans have been winning every Focused challenge for days, I only need one more for my Hunter, please stop.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

The Finn posted:

Titans have been winning every Focused challenge for days, I only need one more for my Hunter, please stop.
Week 1 was the hunter fix, next week will be warlocks.

Halibut Barn
May 30, 2005

help
I've been testing builds and grinding lost sectors a bit, and dang, I hadn't realized just how much Dragon's Breath wrecks overload and unstop champions in them. There's a bit of luck to it, but often you can just fire a shot at them, focus on clearing trash for a bit, and by the time you're done the champion is probably dead. My times are cut in half or better from the usual plinking away with Le Monarque. Works well in Master too, though ammo might be tight, so I've been running with ammo mods.

It'll probably only be this good for this season though, thanks to all the solar and RL artifact buffs.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Dragon's Breath isn't really drawing its strength from the artifact the way say, Polaris Lance is. Besides not being anti-Overload anymore, it's pretty much always gonna be that strong. I don't think it's going away anytime soon, particularly for solo content.

In fact it might relatively become even stronger for Solar builds because we won't be able to effortlessly fart out ignitions with our primary weapons anymore.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I love Dragon's Breath, but holy poo poo do I kill myself a lot with it.

Also, I think it does friendly fire too.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
I've never seen it ignite anyone on my fire team but I suppose I could be trying harder to kill them.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Imo the best way to use Dragon's Breath is to kill a boss with it during your solo dungeon run then walk towards the still active rocket and blow yourself up before the encounter is officially ended, sending you back to the start. This is the real optimal strategy the streamers won't tell you about.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

MJeff posted:

Imo the best way to use Dragon's Breath is to kill a boss with it during your solo dungeon run then walk towards the still active rocket and blow yourself up before the encounter is officially ended, sending you back to the start. This is the real optimal strategy the streamers won't tell you about.

:hmmyes:

I think you are onto something...

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

I prefer the heightened efficiency of just blowing myself up mid-encounter in easily avoidable ways, can get so many more deaths/hour in.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
Pro strat is to tag something with a Timed Payload rocket and then have it teleport close to you so you die when the rocket explodes.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

sunday at work posted:

Pro strat is to tag something with a Timed Payload rocket and then have it teleport close to you so you die when the rocket explodes.

https://i.imgur.com/PLRpRHJ.mp4

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

MJeff posted:

In fact it might relatively become even stronger for Solar builds because we won't be able to effortlessly fart out ignitions with our primary weapons anymore.
TFS is going to suck mostly because it's no longer going to be the Season of Everything loving Explodes, Which Then Sets Fire to Everything Else Which Then Explodes as Well.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Bobby Deluxe posted:

TFS is going to suck mostly because it's no longer going to be the Season of Everything loving Explodes, Which Then Sets Fire to Everything Else Which Then Explodes as Well.

The Final Shape will begin in the fireworks factory, sadly intact

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It's probably going to be the season of the 3 subclasses that get new supers

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I've gotten back into destiny in a big way. Even have all the dlcs due to some good sales but now realizing I should have just bought light fall anyway.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

sunday at work posted:

I like my strategy of sticking a champion with Dragon's Breath and then going in for the finisher before it's done exploding.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
So they're finally adding a horde mode.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Final shape collectors edition has a big replica of what looks like the original tower or at least very similar.

Noticed it in the background of the 'into the light' promo as well, if we don't move back to the original tower i'm going to be so mad probably keep playing because at this point I'm just dragging my guardian over the finish line in terms of enthusiasm.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I think they showed off the tower model way back when they revealed. But they also showed us there's going to be some kind of version of The Tower in The Pale Heart, so it's anyone's guess if it's actually going to be anything more then just nostalgia.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
They also have the trashed tower environment that hasn't been used since Zero Hour, they could pull that out for a quick hit

They're talking about Onslaught right now, and it seems like, finally, a traditional horde mode. Kill waves of enemies to earn currency, spend the currency on upgrades including traps and defense gadgets, keep going as things get harder

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
Whoever in whatever old thread suggested "firefight with redjack support in the PvP maps" you got it in one.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Speaking of TFS, in case anyone forgot, like me: watch two hours of this for emblems!

https://twitch.tv/bungie

Looks like some sort of public event in Midtown??

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

haveblue posted:

They also have the trashed tower environment that hasn't been used since Zero Hour, they could pull that out for a quick hit

They're talking about Onslaught right now,

Bragging about their Ros Arago rolls, smh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

also the answer to "how are they stretching this into 3 streams" is "they aren't talking about the guns until a later stream"