Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

My store had a crusade and the first game I played was against Knights, it was very weird because I was basically getting steadily destroyed while trying to rack up enough points to win anyway. And that wasn't even as small as the Combat Patrol levels (I think most of those boxes are around 400-500 points?) I wouldn't recommend it unless you make it narrative and make fighting them the gimmick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Decorus posted:

I made the mistake of assuming that Armigers only came one per box (70€). How are they so cheap?!?! A basic Knight costs 140€ on GWs site, so you're right that it puts the total at just about 40% discount.

More generally I can't see a way to balance any kind of Combat Patrol for Knights either.

Plus a 40% discount is a lot higher than they're willing to give with the new Combat Patrol boxes. The 10th edition releases so far have been like 18-28%

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
Are any of the Armiger data sheets a Character like one of the Wardogs? I could see maybe a three Armiger box working as a combat patrol.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Big leaks are happening, if true that means agents of tbe imperium army is real, i am super duper hyped for an agents army!

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Mercurius posted:

I think you might be getting mixed up with the pricing on the Dominus or Cerastus knights which are larger and cost more than the ‘normal’ knights.

A standard Questoris Knight with two Armigers is £160 direct from GW. A 40% discount (like a few of the other boxes have) would put that right at £95 like the other combat patrols.
The retail MSRP for a Combat Patrol is $160 eagle dollars, although most actual retail places seem to be charging something like $130-$140. :911:

As for balance my impression is that Knights are difficult to deal with if you don't have anti-armor weapons, possibly to the point of those 1-3 models kicking the rear end of the other guy, requiring you to either win by VP or just roll tons of attacks that mostly go "plink."

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Al-Saqr posted:

Big leaks are happening, if true that means agents of tbe imperium army is real, i am super duper hyped for an agents army!

Well "big" leaks feels like a bit of a misnomer since it's just potato pictures of pages from a printing factory.

The relevant one:

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Looks like Grey Knights to me.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Lostconfused posted:

Thats Inquisitor Coteaz or Hector Rex I think?

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp
I'd be surprised but an Agents of the Imperium codex could be fun. My guard started as an inducted army back in the Daemonhunter days so I always have a soft spot for Imperial Weirdos.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Lostconfused posted:

The two top pages asys Rogue Traders and Navigators though.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Cooked Auto posted:

Well "big" leaks feels like a bit of a misnomer since it's just potato pictures of pages from a printing factory.

The relevant one:

I wonder if that rumoured Imperial Agents codex will turn out to be:

Assassins,
Ordo malleus & GK,
Ordo xenos & DW,
Order hereticus & arbites,
etc... all together in one book.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
What "flavor" of army would an Agents army represent? Kinda feels like we're already drowning in army types and some are still sorta half baked. Looking at you not-squats.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Cooked Auto posted:

The two top pages asys Rogue Traders and Navigators though.

Good point, but if the inquisition is part of it then no reason for it to not include grey knights or death watch either then.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

xtothez posted:

I wonder if that rumoured Imperial Agents codex will turn out to be:

Assassins,
Ordo malleus & GK,
Ordo xenos & DW,
Order hereticus & arbites,
etc... all together in one book.

While I'm sure it'd be nice but I think they're still going to run with GK as their separate book. DW might get combined through. But seeing as they've had a codex for three editions now I'm not too sure.
The majority is probably going to be all of the KT sets giving proper 40k rules, alongside all the other minor stuff that's been overlooked like Inquisitors.

Lostconfused posted:

Good point, but if the inquisition is part of it then no reason for it to not include grey knights or death watch either then.

They probably don't want to drop an army codex, because then you might as well argue that the Custodes would be included as well and they're getting their updated book soon.

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Mar 15, 2024

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

bird food bathtub posted:

What "flavor" of army would an Agents army represent? Kinda feels like we're already drowning in army types and some are still sorta half baked. Looking at you not-squats.

People need more army lists where they can throw together their human miniatures together into a big mess.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
My dream would be for Rogue Traders to be able to take some xenos like Kroot so I can go full mixed up weirdos, but GW probably won't want to support that.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Geisladisk posted:

The Knights combat patrol won't be a Questoris and two Armigers because they want these boxes to be sort of balanced and playable against each other. A Questoris would poo poo all over every other combat patrol and would barely take a wound in return.

I don't think it's possible to make a Knight combat patrol.

The Redemptor dread in the DA box was impossible for most armies to deal with too.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Its pretty clear that infantry wise the agents would be a mix of Arbites, Deathwatch and Inperial Navy as well as the inquisitorial retinue kill team, assasina and rogue traders, thats alot of interesting variety and i already have many of these guys!

The real question is what will be their vehicles or anti-monster capabilities

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
The 'banish the Daemon' page has the grey knights chapter symbol right above the words so this is clearly a Grey Knights thing to some extent.

This is a complete shot in the dark but the return of the old Daemon Hunters and Witch Hunters inquisition codexes, with a Xenos Hunters book finally added, where Grey Knights, Sisters and Deathwatch have Inquisition units added to their army lists could be an outside possibility.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Even more radical theory: Inquisition book, GK and DW lose their books and are just armies with 1-2 detachments in the greater Inquisition book.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

I do like the idea of REDACTED being a teaser for an Inquisitor style codex.

Edit: That ofcourse all lines up with the original concept of the Inquisitor game https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYR2W35YIjw

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Eej posted:

Even more radical theory: Inquisition book, GK and DW lose their books and are just armies with 1-2 detachments in the greater Inquisition book.

that actually makes alot of sense!

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I guess we'll see during the Adepticon stream next week, probably the perfect time for them to drop their updated road map.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

So far it seems like the winners of 10th edition codex wise have been the Necrons and Tau, from what I'm seeing they really got alot of great stuff to them the tau especially with the actual Kroot army have been given a tremendous toolset.

stoopidmunkey
May 21, 2005

yep

Lostconfused posted:

I do like the idea of REDACTED being a teaser for an Inquisitor style codex.

When this image first showed, Votann was where *redacted* now is so I’m still hoping for more space dwarves

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
There's a rumor going around about another votann kill team, at least. Supposed to be a squad of pioneers on foot. The guys with the coats from the hover bikes.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Seems like a bit early for them to get another one. But what the hell do I know, time has no meaning either way.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Safety Factor posted:

There's a rumor going around about another votann kill team, at least. Supposed to be a squad of pioneers on foot. The guys with the coats from the hover bikes.

Should be the Adepticon reveal next week; Votann against an updated GSC Brood Brothers squad based on the new Cadian kit.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Eej posted:

When the Daemonhunters and then Witchhunters codexes were released back in 4th(?) edition there were persistent rumours that work was being done on an Ordo Xenos book as well but obviously that never materialised at the time.

There's six very obvious detachments too; Ordo Malleus, Ordo Hereticus and Ordo Xenos, and then each comes in Puritan/Radical variants.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
Ordo Chronos :getin:

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
The current Dawn of Fire series has a radical Ordo Xenos Inquisitor (Rostov) with a xeno agent (Cheelch) so I really hope they allow something like that in the future! Maybe a generic "xeno gunslinger" stat line or something.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

If you include an Ordo Chronos Inquisitor in your army list, you may use any past or future MFM list to write it.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
sigh i wish

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

quote:

Civil War
Main article: Chronostrife
The Ordo Chronos once again appeared in Imperial history in M42 during the Chronostrife. The conflict erupted when the reborn Roboute Guilliman attempted to reorganize the Imperium's dating system and create a reliable history. The result was a bitter internal conflict within the Ordo Chronos that is currently ongoing.

This all sounds very silly.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

inquisitor van damme does not appreciate your heretical notions.

soviet elsa
Feb 22, 2024
lover of cats and snow

neaden posted:

Skew lists aren't fun at low points, I don't think taking a couple of Armigers is any worse then taking a couple tanks necessarily, but the problem is that is all knights can do. If you aren't going to mostly be playing 2k points I would think knights are a bad choice for your army.

Not hating on Knights or Knight-likers, but it seems silly that they are full lists. Yeah all-comers list blah blah blah, but the reality is even playing at 2k my all-comers list is still unprepared because Knights are one wildly different faction. I've really only played against one Knight guy at my store but essentially, it's I bring a normal army or my holy poo poo kill all the giant robots army depending on if I know I'm playing him today or not.

Have them just be Big Fellas that Imperial or Chaos armies can take. Then maybe make some equal Big Fellas for the other armies, instead of needing to make more Knights to make them playable.

What's next, Imperial Navy is a faction and you just plonk a 2000 point bomber on the table and roll a D6 to see how long it takes for the exterminatus nuke to reach this area of the world?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

TehRedWheelbarrow posted:

inquisitor van damme does not appreciate your heretical notions.

That's Inquisitor Arnold Seagal Van Damme to you.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
If they release an Ordo Chronos character I need them to have an ability that shuts down time shenanigans with a "no, this is the date according to this calender and gently caress you" ability. Just someone so mad that we left the lunar calendar that it affects the world around them.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

soviet elsa posted:

Not hating on Knights or Knight-likers, but it seems silly that they are full lists. Yeah all-comers list blah blah blah, but the reality is even playing at 2k my all-comers list is still unprepared because Knights are one wildly different faction. I've really only played against one Knight guy at my store but essentially, it's I bring a normal army or my holy poo poo kill all the giant robots army depending on if I know I'm playing him today or not.

Have them just be Big Fellas that Imperial or Chaos armies can take. Then maybe make some equal Big Fellas for the other armies, instead of needing to make more Knights to make them playable.

What's next, Imperial Navy is a faction and you just plonk a 2000 point bomber on the table and roll a D6 to see how long it takes for the exterminatus nuke to reach this area of the world?

There's an ongoing tension between "I want the game to represent the fluff, I want hyper customizable badass Space Marines that can individually swap their loadout to handle whatever the galaxy has to throw at them" versus "I want the game to be balanced" and I'm not sure how GW is going to appease both sides over time. They are leaning super hard on the latter and the game is remarkably balanced at the tourney level though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

soviet elsa posted:

During the Between Rounds phase, move to the adjoining table and play a round of the parallel Battlefleet Gothica game. If a ship enters one of the relevant zones in the BG game, they may make a single attack which may be resolved by using the attached templates, or if you don't have one, a 24-inch serving tray available at restaurant supply stores.