Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rubix Squid
Apr 17, 2014

CODChimera posted:

what are the tenet weapons worth getting? already have the arca plasma

I love my Tenet Tetra. Especially with the silly bouncy shot exilus mod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

The Moon Monster posted:

Are you guys using a catalyzed Xoris? I can do voids with my no catalyst no forma Xoris but I need to prime the pump with built weapons to get the chain reactions going on the max difficulty one.

That's not a weapon you would regret putting a potato in. With Volatile Quick Return the heavy explosion deals a forced Electric proc to all enemies in 8+3 meters, and with Melee Influence it can spread and multiply all of those Electric procs in a 20 meter radius around each enemy hit, through walls. So you're getting a quadratic-scaling wallhack nuke. With the infinite combo duration you can run a non-Naramon school and still keep the 12x combo saved up to delete a room when you need.

CODChimera posted:

what are the tenet weapons worth getting? already have the arca plasma

Tenet Cycron with Heat bonus for pure heat damage is pretty funny. You can put Supress on it to make it silent, which lets you fire it with Ivara and not drop invisibility. Heat stacks all have infinite duration if you add at least 1 stack every 6 seconds to a target, so your DPS keeps going up if something can tank it.

This player uses it on 9999 Demolishers, but they still switch to Glaive Prime against Acolytes, because those are capped to 4 of each Status effect:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKst1YdjLsc

Not the most powerful thing in the world but has uses. One very strong effect is that you can run no Primary and use it on Wukong, and Wukong's twin will fire it with perfect accuracy all day without needing to stop and hunt for ammo like other weapons. Which lets you sleepwalk through Index.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Echophonic posted:

They're all pretty solid, for the most part, but the Cycron and Flux Rifle have been heavy lifters for me.

It's real funny that the Flux Rifle is a legit good recommendation. With the mod that boosts it's status chance by silly number you end up stacking slash procs like mad.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yeah, slash-heavy crit weapons are basically easy mode for Steel Path. I have a Heat/Multishot riven on mine. Just cram it full of fire rate mods and you're off to the races.

In this category of bad guns that are good in SP worth considering is the Convectrix if you can get a status chance Riven.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy
Best slash Primary IMO is actually Hunter Munitions Mutalist Cernos

- AOE weapon that doesn't count as AOE so there's no self-knockback and you can use Split Flights for permanent +400% multishot

- Fractalized Reset lets you spam uncharged arrows at 3.4x speed

- Rivens are max dispo, cheap and plentiful

- with Hunter Munitions and a single Cold mod on it, direct arrow hits proc cold, while clouds rapidly proc Toxin+Viral+Slash all at the same time, so Grineer and Corpus both get wrecked

- easy to keep max ammo with Arrow Mutation

Covered mod is Hunter Munitions:

I have a rank 40 Tenet Flux Rifle with Riven, but Mutalist Cernos still performs better and creates a 10-second lingering death field wherever you shoot it

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Mar 12, 2024

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
Dante Unbound patch March 27, woo https://www.warframe.com/news/dante-unbound-launches-in-march

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I'm convinced that Breach Surge being Wisp's subsume, + primes being un-subsumeable, is a plot to get people to do that awful fight even with parts for Wisp Prime falling out of relics constantly

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Ropa's not bad as long as you didn't forget that you have your short range beam amp on instead of one that can actually hit it.

Steel path ropa and its trillions of health and insane DR or attenuation excluded.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
SP ropy is still fine, the weak spots just take a little longer, i usually use a quick run to test various amp setups.

Not that there's any real reason to run that node except chart clear.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

I run it when the SP dailies roll it to help out a few pubs. It's not that hard.

Also the comedy of watching people who clearly don't get the regular mission trying whatever in SP and failing miserably.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the most difficult part of ropeyloads is pubbies who don't know what they're doing.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

the most difficult part of ropeyloads is pubbies who don't know what they're doing.
for me it's that + "how will lag-to-host interact with the part where i'm jumping over electrical current on the wires"

Faxanadus
Oct 16, 2023
Does anyone else get a big stutter every time you get on Merulina as Yareli? Seems to happen every time as a client and at least the first time when solo. The whole K-Drive in mission thing is seeming like a real botched implementation, especially when there's still so many things you can't do on it or even equip K-drive mods.

*Also it just seems to randomly change your facing direction when using it too, ffs

Faxanadus fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Mar 14, 2024

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

SIGSEGV posted:

I run it when the SP dailies roll it to help out a few pubs. It's not that hard.

Oh, the Ropalolyst is in the incursion pool? That's good to know. I've been wondering which nodes might be excluded from the incursion pool so I have to clear them on the star chart separately from doing my daily incursions, after noticing that I've never seen a Zariman or Laboratory node in the incursions.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

I Am Just a Box posted:

Oh, the Ropalolyst is in the incursion pool? That's good to know. I've been wondering which nodes might be excluded from the incursion pool so I have to clear them on the star chart separately from doing my daily incursions, after noticing that I've never seen a Zariman or Laboratory node in the incursions.
Even better, ropy is in the nightmare mission pool, which includes a "no shield" modifier

It does exactly what you think :haw:

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

RoadCrewWorker posted:

Even better, ropy is in the nightmare mission pool, which includes a "no shield" modifier

It disallows Styanax?

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009
Hmm, what happens to Hildryn in no shield missions? Just can’t use abilities?

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011

RoadCrewWorker posted:

Loadouts > Revenant

Nothing.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

I Am Just a Box posted:

Loadouts > Revenant

Nothing.

I think the implication was that Ropalolyst doesn't get shields either?

Faxanadus
Oct 16, 2023

Kwanzaa Quickie posted:

Hmm, what happens to Hildryn in no shield missions? Just can’t use abilities?

It's kinda weird, you have "phantom" shields that don't show on the interface at the start of the mission that you can use to cast some abilities, but once that runs out even shield restores don't help so you're kind of boned!

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Faxanadus posted:

It's kinda weird, you have "phantom" shields that don't show on the interface at the start of the mission that you can use to cast some abilities, but once that runs out even shield restores don't help so you're kind of boned!

That could just be Zenurik; I think the free cast every 60 seconds works for Hildryn, because the wiki says it sets Ability Effiency to 200% for the "free" cast.

Arcane Steadfast doesn't work on her though.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011

Zero VGS posted:

I think the implication was that Ropalolyst doesn't get shields either?

Huh, do the modifiers apply to enemies? I've done no shield missions and never noticed the Corpus lacking shields, but I am terribly unobservant.

Faxanadus
Oct 16, 2023

Zero VGS posted:

That could just be Zenurik; I think the free cast every 60 seconds works for Hildryn, because the wiki says it sets Ability Effiency to 200% for the "free" cast.

Arcane Steadfast doesn't work on her though.

Ohh yeah it was Zenurik, not sure why it lets me cast multiple abilities when it's only supposed to work once, though, but it doesn't work at all without it.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Does anyone have the Pubstove image handy?

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

So the weapons you can unlock from Kahl's Garrison rank/stock

these are jokes, right? Am I missing something, or are these punishments for spending your stock on something other than Styanax or archon shards? I think Aegrit's the worst weapon in the game? Afentis sacrifices your primary slot for a Harrow Lite buff?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I got Aegrit as a choice in the circuit, and I thought it'd be a fun weapon when doing solo spy missions with Ash, which I occasionally do for fun.

In other words, it's a weapon designed for a playstyle that's not optimized, so probably not appealing to most of the people reading this thread.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

To me it wasn't even the "optimized" thing, it's just...it has like no ammo, half the time it needs you to...prime it? before it does anything? And sometimes you click and nothing happens. And then it does little piffs of damage. I can handle weapons that don't do good damage but are funny (I love the stupid fists-and-feet "sparring" melee weapons even if they're bad), I can handle abilities or weapons that do good damage without any feedback (I subsumed Breach Surge on my armor strip Frost and sometimes it just does a random red million+ damage number somewhere on screen), and I can handle low-ammo impactful things (I love the Pox! They're also bad but they're neat little guys!)

But Aegrit felt like: what if you were playing Kahl in the regular game. Scrambling for a better gun to shoot myself with in that situation.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

I liked the Aegrit while I was leveling it, I put a few forma in it to banish it from the cave's picks and it's decent enough if you put a primed ammo mutation in.

The Afentis was pure pain as mastery fodder and I'm happy to never think about it again.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

It's literally the bramma, and like the post-nerf bramma, it has a useless amount of ammo

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009

SIGSEGV posted:

I liked the Aegrit while I was leveling it, I put a few forma in it to banish it from the cave's picks and it's decent enough if you put a primed ammo mutation in.

The Afentis was pure pain as mastery fodder and I'm happy to never think about it again.

What do you mean by banishing it from the cave’s picks?

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

SIGSEGV posted:

The Afentis happened today because I got a 3day affinity booster from my Archon Hunt and I'm very happy about that decision.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Kwanzaa Quickie posted:

What do you mean by banishing it from the cave’s picks?

When I was doing SP Circuit to get all the incarnon adapters I got really annoyed at all the turdly weapons I kept getting so I rebuilt some and their performance was still appalling, after a lot of runs and a lot of forma, confirmation bias has me convinced that the more forma something has, the less the cave will inflict it upon you, haven't seen the aklato in ages for example.

The cave is a great system for making people discover new things, as it prioritizes choosing weapons and frames you haven't got, it's very good at reminding me why I hate all these things I don't use.

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

The Afentis happened today because I got a 3day affinity booster from my Archon Hunt and I'm very happy about that decision.

That's more or less how I cleared up all the archwings and archwings weapons a long time ago, I slowly pilled them up and when a double aff weekend popped up and I got an aff booster from sortie, I just leveled them all up on Salacia and never used them again.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

To me it wasn't even the "optimized" thing, it's just...it has like no ammo, half the time it needs you to...prime it? before it does anything? And sometimes you click and nothing happens. And then it does little piffs of damage. I can handle weapons that don't do good damage but are funny (I love the stupid fists-and-feet "sparring" melee weapons even if they're bad), I can handle abilities or weapons that do good damage without any feedback (I subsumed Breach Surge on my armor strip Frost and sometimes it just does a random red million+ damage number somewhere on screen), and I can handle low-ammo impactful things (I love the Pox! They're also bad but they're neat little guys!)

But Aegrit felt like: what if you were playing Kahl in the regular game. Scrambling for a better gun to shoot myself with in that situation.

I got Aegrit once in circuit on Yareli, and thought it was a lot of fun with the remote detonation. Enough fun that I ended up 5 formaing it for maximum boom. The ammo count is poo poo, and the damage isn't enough to make up for it, but with Yareli's extra crit on secondaries and the Aegrit's 37% base cc meaning +74% cc (on top of the silly secondary crit mods) and the bubble multiplier, it does some cool big numbers and sends things flying. She also has her 4 to group up things should you want to. Just make sure you bring your Pistol Ammo Mutation. It's not good, but it's kind of fun in its own way given a frame that can buff it a bit.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

BMan posted:

It's literally the bramma, and like the post-nerf bramma, it has a useless amount of ammo

It is actually much worse than the Bramma thanks in part to how multishot interacts with the projectile limits on thrown explosives.

Rubix Squid
Apr 17, 2014
Thrown Secondaries should get their own mod category to work all this poo poo out.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
there was a very brief period where thrown secondary explosives were very powerful. then they were nerfed into the ground, and that was the new baseline. they've been hovering around stug tier ever since.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

(levitating off the ground with power) They should add a Grenade/Thrown Projectile category as an explicit 4th weapon slot and reclassify the thrown-style secondaries accordingly.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

(levitating off the ground with power) They should add a Grenade/Thrown Projectile category as an explicit 4th weapon slot and reclassify the thrown-style secondaries accordingly.

Yes, heck they could put the grimoire there too

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I've started using primary frostbite more often on weapons rather than the usual merciless/deadhead or dexterity for a melee build, and it's grown on me a lot. I don't know how competitive it is damage-wise, but it at least doesn't seem to be a slouch and it's nice being able to get stacks a little easier with a solid status weapon or just bringing any companion that can hold a verglas, which will basically keep you at max stacks permanently. I particularly like it on the soma prime since it has great crit stats with its special mod that compound with the cold debuff and frostbite crit damage boosts. The soma prime also works well on Qorvex since he can get a pretty silly amount of punch through on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
primary frostbite is usually better than the +damage arcanes if you can maintain it, although not by a huge margin

it's also astronomically better in the case of "you're fighting a boss without adds to kill to keep the bonuses going"