Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Crabgrass

Big Nate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann

Sure is gonna be fun watching this woman get browbeaten into submission over the next 9 months. Of course you want kids, Toni! A woman who doesn't want kids is unnatural!
thank you for making tj the 'life begins at conception' viewpoint gregory.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Not a pregnancy scare Luann. What did we do to deserve this?

Maybe Tara Starr's cousin can hit TJ with her car.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Will there be a Shannon run?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

The_Other posted:

Conan: The Blood Egg Part 1

John Allison's Patreon John Allison's Gumroad store
Forward Slash Scare website for Allison's side comics

Reminds me of the joke that Storm's real mutant power is that she always have one extra knife.
Honestly, these rabbits just becomes more and more racist.

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Heathcliff

Compu-toon

Garfield

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Classic Arlo and Janis (April 12, 2002)

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Zippy The Pinhead

Rae The Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Bongo Bill posted:

Comic Strips 2024: Even the secret crime czar of greater Hackensack can fall in love

This can't be happening!

Not here --

Not in the heart of Hackensack!

It's quite weird reading a strip that's just a constant parody of soap opera strips.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Fingerpori

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

Daddy Daze is spoiler'd due to bereavement arc.

Take It From The Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side Of The Horse

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

Zereth posted:

Neither strip mentions Keith... is the story finally over?

Don't jinx it!

Re: Vera Valiant: The unnecessarily huge and brightly lit 'Herbert's Adult Books' sign — especially with just the 'Herbert's' part of it in extra-large, attention-grabbing letters, probably ten foot high by itself — made me laugh out loud. What a reveal. Worth the build-up.

That thing probably cost more than the whole rest of the shop, and will continue to do so in overheads. Just to incidentally and reluctantly humiliate Herbert. Incredible. What an operation. This is the best comic-strip criminal enterprise ever.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Mussolini doesn't rhyme with Fellini! If you're doing the same end syllable, then the start syllables have to rhyme!

(and ELO even used "Puccini" in a song, although they didn't rhyme it)

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Vintage Valiant (Apr. 01, 1962)

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 3/14/04

Stephen Collins

Brenda Starr 10/27-29/52

Smokey Stover 5/8/60

Everyday Movies 5/4/37

"He must have tossed and turned all night and I just bet he ain't got this week's rent."

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 4/26-28/43

Closer Than We Think! 5/8/60

Selachian fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Mar 16, 2024

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann

Sure is gonna be fun watching this woman get browbeaten into submission over the next 9 months. Of course you want kids, Toni! A woman who doesn't want kids is unnatural!
Having broken the sacred Luann covenant of abstinence, she has been sentenced to become mom on pain of shame.

Alhazred posted:

Honestly, these rabbits just becomes more and more racist.
Comic Strips 2024: Honestly, these rabbits just become more and more racist.

Medenmath posted:

Vintage Valiant (Apr. 01, 1962)

Wait, never mind. Comic Strips 2024: The Gay Fugitive.

Selachian posted:

I am very glad business suit park ranger was not, in fact, closer than we thought.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Selachian posted:

Stephen Collins

Boy oh boy do I resonate with this one.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Samovar posted:

Boy oh boy do I resonate with this one.

No kidding. If you're carmelizing onions for less than an hour, they aren't carmelized. I've only seen one recipe book admit this.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I like the dumb banjo cat draws

Forum accident
Jun 15, 2006

All hail Thor...the THUNDER GOD!
Frank and Ernest

(4/6/1994)

(4/7/1994)

Ziggy

(10/8/1971)

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
those faces in Val. Goddamn that is nice.

And you know, Holbrook, the whole segregation storyline, like all of your Special Episodes, falls loving flat when you realize if the rabbits lived in the "normal" world, it's legal for them to be grabbed and killed and eaten as long as the predator doesn't know their loving name. I sure as poo poo wouldn't want a human-eating monster living next door, and the only thing stopping him from legally eating me is the fact he knows my name.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

riderchop posted:

Rae The Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

Forum accident posted:

Frank and Ernest

It's a good day for us appreciators of this form of terrible joke.

Bizarro

The Family Circus

Slylock Fox

Flash Gordon

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Mutts

Sally Forth, guest-starring an awareness of narrative structure.

Skippy (February 21, 1936)

Peanuts (March 18, 1977)

Crankshaft

Rip Haywire

Li'l Abner (February 6-8, 1936)

Thimble Theater (October 18, 1940)

Out Our Way (March 30-April 1, 1944)

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Mar 16, 2024

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Powered Descent posted:

The Family Circus

"May 9: Some dweeb asked me out for a date. I have nothing better to do so I guess I'll humor him; what could it hurt?"

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
A+J

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

A&J is depicting the moving process of a couple who have lived in a home for a long time very well and very realistically but from a standpoint of a comic strip that i want to read i wish they'd just move to the loving coast already

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Retail

Popcom

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann

I hope Toni gets an abortion.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Aegia lucky she's wearing a full face mask and hood as she tries to hide the flopsweat associated with casually explaining to her new leader about the secret prison hellworld that "one" bad actor threw Flash into, lmao. Double lmao at Aura being the only one who didn't know. Man, Dan gets so much done with a few panels. :allears:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

THORN, October 17-22, 1984

I'm getting the feeling Jeff wasn't fond of Reagan

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Corto Maltese

Blueberry

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

I always get a kick out of Slylock Fox's young artist corner being "Teen otaku shows off their (usually pretty impressive) manga skills"

Stultus Maximus posted:

No kidding. If you're carmelizing onions for less than an hour, they aren't carmelized. I've only seen one recipe book admit this.

I make this French Onion dip from time to time that people go wild for; my technique involves caramelizing a 3-pound bag of yellow onions in a large cast iron skillet on medium-low heat. The process is largely hands-off, but it takes a solid 3-4 hours (The secret is adding a little more butter and a splash of bourbon when the onions are brown but still have distinct shapes, around the start of hour 2.)

Cul de Sac

Holy poo poo Remember The '00s???

If the topical gag escapes you. February 2003 marked the second time the (tremendously stupid) DHS color-coded threat level went to "Orange," as (tremendously stupid) Attorney General John Ashcroft cited intelligence reports suggesting "that Al Qaida leaders have emphasized planning for attacks on apartment buildings, hotels and other soft or lightly secured targets in the United States." That didn't happen, but it took our attention off of that whole "Iraq" thing for a minute! That won't escalate in a hurry!

Rose is Rose

Bad Machinery

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise: The Wicked Gnomes

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

JethroMcB posted:

If the topical gag escapes you. February 2003 marked the second time the (tremendously stupid) DHS color-coded threat level went to "Orange," as (tremendously stupid) Attorney General John Ashcroft cited intelligence reports suggesting "that Al Qaida leaders have emphasized planning for attacks on apartment buildings, hotels and other soft or lightly secured targets in the United States." That didn't happen, but it took our attention off of that whole "Iraq" thing for a minute! That won't escalate in a hurry!

That whole thing was so useless. Oh no, we've gone from yellow to orange. So I guess we should all... uhhhh... do what again, now?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Selachian posted:

Painting wood does more than just change its color, *squint* I can't make out the creator's name. It protects it from the environment.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Breaking Cat News

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave

Heart of the City

Most of these comments are about people having to look up "VSCO" girls, and then there's this loving gross person:

Let's go take a look at Dawn's profile annnnddd yeah that tracks!

Alley Oop

Curtis

lol, Robb Armstrong looks like this, what the gently caress?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

"May 9: Some dweeb asked me out for a date. I have nothing better to do so I guess I'll humor him; what could it hurt?"
"May 9, cont: The condom broke."
"If we are caught, the high court may well sentence you to TOR-TURE."

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

"Here is your table over there, right next to a Mr. Hillend."

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

A good twist on a very old joke.

Apartment 3-G

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

Henry Winkler is a trustworthy source of financial advice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJdKbnKyDd8

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Vargo posted:

Let's go take a look at Dawn's profile annnnddd yeah that tracks!

i am furious that this post forced me to remember working daze

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
drat I'd almost forgotten

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

JethroMcB posted:

I always get a kick out of Slylock Fox's young artist corner being "Teen otaku shows off their (usually pretty impressive) manga skills"

I think you could chart the penetration of Japanese pop culture in American kids just through Slylock Fox young artist entries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Giant Ethicist posted:

We Are Reproducing

In addition to everything this story is handling well, this negotiation about "do we really need to do surgery?" also feels very real. Completely different level of seriousness, of course, but I'm currently dealing with a wisdom tooth that decided to come in for my 50th birthday and I've been having similar conversations with my dentist.

You can tell this is fiction because a gynecologist actually cares whether something hurt. (what, me traumatized?!)