Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I'm jonesing for Acheron

I need Space Samus, yesterday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

MNSNTZR posted:

gently caress it 5 star emanator sampo

In a cruel twist of fate, he ends up an Emanator of Harmony because Aha thought it'd be funny

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

We do need a harmony bro

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

Eej posted:

In a cruel twist of fate, he ends up an Emanator of Harmony because Aha thought it'd be funny

played like a fiddle. i need a male harmony like i need luocha for the all-male mono-imaginary team i’m absolutely going to run for fun he and aventurine come

meaning not at all but it is also funny

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
There's supposed to be a Harmony bro coming in 2.x but I don't know anything beyond that aside from he has a Chinese name

soap.
Jul 15, 2007

Her?

Meowywitch posted:

I'm jonesing for Acheron

I need Space Samus, yesterday

Same, but why does she have to be lightning? I have Jing Yuan and Kafka. I really don't need another lightning DPS. But she's just so cool I'm gonna roll for her anyway :kimchi:

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

man, i have watched that sparkle monodrama trailer like a millions times now. That music is a real earworm.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I only watched it once because its kinda cringe but I recognize it had a lot of effort put into it

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

soap. posted:

Same, but why does she have to be lightning? I have Jing Yuan and Kafka. I really don't need another lightning DPS. But she's just so cool I'm gonna roll for her anyway :kimchi:

Because she's a Raiden Mei

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Meowywitch posted:

I only watched it once because its kinda cringe but I recognize it had a lot of effort put into it
how is it cringe

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Eej posted:

Because she's a Raiden Mei

Tbf they have two Bronya's in this game and neither is ice for some reason. I hope they make it up to me by making Genshin Bronya the Tsaritsa.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Endorph posted:

how is it cringe

Sparkle is just kinda cringey in general for me

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

skill issue

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
i am the emenator of cringe

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Eimi posted:

Tbf they have two Bronya's in this game and neither is ice for some reason. I hope they make it up to me by making Genshin Bronya the Tsaritsa.

Yeah but Raiden literally means Thunder Lightning so like, it's right there.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
I'm no fan of Aventurine's character, but my roster is largely follow-up attackers and I do desperately need another good sustain to go with my Luocha.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

2.1 Livestream codes. Valid for less than a day, redeem fast.

3SRN6L3AADLK
https://hsr.hoyoverse.com/gift?code=3SRN6L3AADLK

YTRN743TSUL7
https://hsr.hoyoverse.com/gift?code=YTRN743TSUL7

2S8N6M3ATV6T
https://hsr.hoyoverse.com/gift?code=2S8N6M3ATV6T

e: I gotta bounce (drat Saturday streams always happen at the worst time...) , Ill edit in the other codes when I come back. If you're in a hurry I'm sure other goons will post them

e2: added for compilation's sake. sorry for the delayed completion.

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Mar 16, 2024

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

acheswan shippers eating good

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I tuned in just long enough to see that and yeah.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah there's a bit of subtext in this - oh, oh no yeah that's not subtext.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

skill issue

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Excelzior posted:

2.1 Livestream codes. Valid for less than a day, redeem fast.

3SRN6L3AADLK

e: I gotta bounce (drat Saturday streams always happen at the worst time...) , Ill edit in the other codes when I come back. If you're in a hurry I'm sure other goons will post them

sure why not

3SRN6L3AADLK

YTRN743TSUL7
https://hsr.hoyoverse.com/gift?code=YTRN743TSUL7

2S8N6M3ATV6T
https://hsr.hoyoverse.com/gift?code=2S8N6M3ATV6T

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

https://twitter.com/honkaistarrail/status/1768984203830366324
30 pulls for the 1st anniversary

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
Anything juicy in the livestream?

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time
March isn't getting a "new form" but she will be able to switch paths in a similar way to the Trailblazer. Was a tease of things to come. Something they are apparently going to experiment with for the "permanent express crew".

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

shrach posted:

March isn't getting a "new form" but she will be able to switch paths in a similar way to the Trailblazer. Was a tease of things to come. Something they are apparently going to experiment with for the "permanent express crew".

They suggested it was less changing paths and more "making memories". As a way to change up her gameplay/abilities.

I do think we'll eventually get a 5 star banner March with a big story beat behind it. But that might not be for many updates so they're doing something with her on Penaconey so she isn't so left behind.

Edit: Honestly I think that she might just get different elements to pick between, "Memories" of Penaconey let her use Imaginary element etc. With her ult debuff changing to the appropriate break effect debuff.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Welp, guess the theory that Luocha and Jingliu are only rerunning when we go back to Xianzhou was wrong

Kinda works for me, I suppose, I wouldn't mind if I accidentally get E1 Luocha while pulling for Gallagher

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Lord_Magmar posted:

They suggested it was less changing paths and more "making memories". As a way to change up her gameplay/abilities.

I do think we'll eventually get a 5 star banner March with a big story beat behind it. But that might not be for many updates so they're doing something with her on Penaconey so she isn't so left behind.

Yeah, I can see March being willing to experiment more than the others, with maybe the eventual 5* March being her true name and the path she was on before she was sealed in ice. But I do like the idea of all the Astral Express crew moving to different paths along their journey; while Dan Heng will always have DanIL in his pocket, I can see him wanting to use a different path for power if he can avoid it.

Somehow I will get the next iteration of Welt/Himeko before I pull them off the standard banner :argh:

EDIT: Actually now that I think about it, does that mean we could get 4* versions of Welt/Himeko? New path, less experienced?

Shinji2015 fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Mar 16, 2024

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

In all fairness the Paths people have as units aren't necessarily the Path they actually follow.

Sampo is Nihility but a follower of Elation. Black Swan is Nihility but a follower of Remembrance. The Trailblazer, specifically, is following the paths of the Aeons with each new form, but that's because we've got magic super space cancer powers from the Stellaron (probably).

DHIL is a Scion of a Path that flat out isn't a player character option (Long the Permanence). Argenti follows Beauty.

So I would think 4 Star Himeko or Welt would be less about following a new path, and more about say. Time travel or Remembrance Memory fuckery.

Much like yes, 5-star March is probably her remembering her true past after being stabbed through the chest. Although I do like the theory that she'll end up a Hunt character when that happens.

Edit: Also I think this is more about making sure that the units you literally always have (March 7, Trailblazer, Dan) are a little more functional/flexible for the purpose of always having a semi-viable team for story stuff even if you haven't rolled the Gacha much.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Mar 16, 2024

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Man 2.1 is stacked for me:

Acheron - rule of cool, cool mechanics. Would need the most work from me to get a team built around her but what a team!

Luchoa - awesome healer, has cleanse! Current sustains are gepard and lynx (and Natasha I guess) so he’s a welcome addition.

Aventurine - king shithead (laudatory). Would be another welcome sustain to my team though I’m not that invested in FuA (just ratio, Clara and the piddly Kafka talent. March exists). Fun character.

Jingliu - is jingliu.

I can only likely get one so I’ll be pondering until the last possible minute probably. Good job hoyo.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
We're going with "Slashed Dream" then, are we? Okay.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Oh no, I really want to get Jingliu this time around, but Aventurine is higher priority. Hopefully I can scrape together enough tickets for both, but I'll need some luck, too. At least they're both second half, and there is the anniversary bonus.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Shaoji looked genuinely sad the story twists for 2.0 got leaked before release

:(

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Looks like you can grab a freebie Gallagher from a 4 star selector from the bartending event if someone wants him but doesnt want to risk Acheron or Luocha. Very stacked patch, I'm glad I got my E1 Luocha the first time around for one less thing to worry about.

kittenchops
Jul 24, 2013

Genshin meltdown incoming :eng99:

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
What finally convinced me to pull for Acheron was her technique. The faster I can auto my way through the game’s content the better.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

If I cared about meta I would be losing my mind at these upcoming banners

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

DancingShade posted:

Yeah there's a bit of subtext in this - oh, oh no yeah that's not subtext.

There was no platonic explanation for it.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 8 days!)

kittenchops posted:

Genshin meltdown incoming :eng99:

star rail, give us 1 year anniversary generic 5-star ticket voucher please to put the nail in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Acheron's technique is kind of crazy, and her ultimate looks awesome. I was going to pull for her anyway, but I think she might be my favorite character now.