Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

The Panthers should move off Young but they are gonna be tanking in 2024 anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
People never think it through in what your moving onto

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

whyd they make bryce life sized in this graph

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

ahahahaha GOOD get the hell on out

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

CharlestheHammer posted:

People never think it through in what your moving onto

Yeah, If I were the Panthers I wouldn't move off Young yet.

I would still try and put a representative team around him, to see if he can't be good, and just make the situation for the next QB better if Bryce doesn't work out.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Docjowles posted:

Speaking of the 2022 draft did it ever come out wtf happened with Matt Corrall? He was claimed off waivers by the Patriots then as far as I can tell told them to eat a dick and never even reported to Foxboro? Wikipedia says he might be playing in the merged XFL/USFL this year

Apparently he has had addiction and mental health issues, so I would wager that that has contributed to him disappearing from the NFL.

quote:

NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport reported a number of concerns from NFL team, including the Panthers, with Corral, contributing to his slide down the draft board.

“He dealt with a multitude of issues including alcohol and related issues,” Rapoport said. “He admitted publicly to battling depression. He has had ‘unreliable behavior’ off the field and he really, really struggled in some interviews with teams.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

FizFashizzle posted:

whyd they make bryce life sized in this graph

:golfclap:

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Somebody at pff

found it

https://twitter.com/SethWalder/status/1303351463737991169

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

the rams SB nation page covers the rest of the twitter conversation, posting it here because its much more palatable to read through than loving twitter https://www.turfshowtimes.com/2020/9/8/21427630/aaron-donald-run-defense-rams-twitter

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Rumors heating up Sneed could go to the Colts. If twitter can be believed the compensation for the Chiefs is a done deal and it's all about a new contract?

I mean if rumors can be believed.

I'd freaking LOVE to turn Sneed and #32 into the Colts' #15 pick. That's prime left tackle territory in this draft

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
This may be a stupid question but when someone like Bill Barnwell posts something like this:

https://x.com/billbarnwell/status/1756971244883157177?s=20

They typically do with a quick turnaround too. Is this from an official NFL site? Is this a thing only media has access to?

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Steelers org must have hated kenny

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

oof mac started so well too

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Intruder posted:

that was his ceiling

he bounced off of it

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Intruder posted:

Largest Bryce Young has ever looked

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

soggybagel posted:

This may be a stupid question but when someone like Bill Barnwell posts something like this:

https://x.com/billbarnwell/status/1756971244883157177?s=20

They typically do with a quick turnaround too. Is this from an official NFL site? Is this a thing only media has access to?

I am also interested in this content

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Borsche69 posted:

the rams SB nation page covers the rest of the twitter conversation, posting it here because its much more palatable to read through than loving twitter https://www.turfshowtimes.com/2020/9/8/21427630/aaron-donald-run-defense-rams-twitter

https://twitter.com/edsbs/status/1303388578450374656

kiimo posted:

Rumors heating up Sneed could go to the Colts. If twitter can be believed the compensation for the Chiefs is a done deal and it's all about a new contract?

I mean if rumors can be believed.

I'd freaking LOVE to turn Sneed and #32 into the Colts' #15 pick. That's prime left tackle territory in this draft

Please no, it's bad enough two of the better Tits defensive positions went to the Texans, we could easily cobble together a fourth to send for Sneed...

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

A fourth? lmao it's going to take a 2 and a 5th MINIMUM

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Dexo posted:

Yeah, If I were the Panthers I wouldn't move off Young yet.

I would still try and put a representative team around him, to see if he can't be good, and just make the situation for the next QB better if Bryce doesn't work out.

Yeah pretty much my take. Sunk cost fallacy is a thing, but in saying that the offensive roster was so bad the last year a prime Peyton Manning couldn't have polished that turd. The Panthers are better off building up everything else they can and seeing what changes.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

Kalli posted:

My favorite Aaron Donald lovely frame from a play:

everyone aghast at the notion of aaron donald being overrated but here he is unable to deal with being quadruple teamed

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
doesnt sneed have a chronic knee thing that kept him out of practice all last year?

i really don’t want the titans chasing talent with assets and money on that tbh.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Like the last two years he's been questionable with a knee pretty much every week.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

No Butt Stuff posted:

Like the last two years he's been questionable with a knee pretty much every week.

But didn’t he play every game both years anyway?

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Aaron Donald decides Aaron Donald is washed based on advanced metrics like the "Do I want to do this poo poo anymore" matrix.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Maybe he only planned to play ten years from the beginning or maybe he looked at the Rams and looked around the league and didn't think a second ring was likely any time soon

Getting out rich with a ring while he's still healthy could be a priority for him, or even he has a lot of pain we don't know about

Intruder fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Mar 16, 2024

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Leaving the game relatively healthy, young, rich, with a ring, and basically guaranteed first ballot HOF accolades is about the most perfect career one could have in the NFL.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

DeimosRising posted:

But didn’t he play every game both years anyway?

I think maybe he missed one. I dunno. They managed it well enough but I understand other teams being gun shy

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Gully Foyle posted:

Leaving the game relatively healthy, young, rich, with a ring, and basically guaranteed first ballot HOF accolades is about the most perfect career one could have in the NFL.

I’m reminded of Megatron’s insane fingers that like form right angles. Goes without saying but the game fucks you up bad. Totally understandable to want to get out, not like Donald has a single thing left to prove. Other than trying to be the first defensive MVP since LT but seems unlikely that’s ever happening again

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

10 years is a long rear end career in this game.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Docjowles posted:

I’m reminded of Megatron’s insane fingers that like form right angles. Goes without saying but the game fucks you up bad. Totally understandable to want to get out, not like Donald has a single thing left to prove. Other than trying to be the first defensive MVP since LT but seems unlikely that’s ever happening again

Yeah, last season shows that to have a defensive MVP you have to have an all-time great season while hoping not a single QB has a moderately good season (or hope at least that they all suck for the last 4 weeks of the year).

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

JJ is the last defensive player I can remember coming close and he finished behind Rodgers. 20.5 sacks, 29 TFL, 3 TD catches as a TE, a pick six and 10 pass defenses. Finished second by a ton. Can't compete with a QB who has a big year

e: Is LT the last defensive player to win it or has there been one since him?

e2: he is and as I was digging through I forgot about the kicker win during the strike season lol

Intruder fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Mar 16, 2024

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Intruder posted:

JJ is the last defensive player I can remember coming close and he finished behind Rodgers. 20.5 sacks, 29 TFL, 3 TD catches as a TE, a pick six and 10 pass defenses. Finished second by a ton. Can't compete with a QB who has a big year

e: Is LT the last defensive player to win it or has there been one since him?

e2: he is and as I was digging through I forgot about the kicker win during the strike season lol

Yeah, LT won it very convincingly in 1986 (41 votes, Eric Dickerson was second with 17) by having the best season of his career, which for LT is saying something.

After that, you'll get a handful of years where some defensive player got one or two votes at random, and a few who did okay. Bruce Smith finished 4th with 11 votes in 1990, and then no other defender hit double digit votes again until JJ in 2014, where he finished 2nd with 13 but lost to Qaron's 31. No other defensive player even got a single vote for MVP until they changed the voting rules in 2022 where instead of voters just casting a single vote, they ranked their top 5 guys (Which is how we get the comedy of Geno Smith getting an MVP vote while Russell Wilson never did).

It's also worth noting the only other defensive player to win the award, Alan Page in 1971, did so in a year where the vote was heavily split as 12 other players got votes. Page won with 16 votes, Roger Staubach and Chiefs WR Otis Taylor tied for 2nd with 10 each, Bob Griese got 9 votes, and the remaining 15 votes that year were scattered among 8 other players.

Mark Moseley in the 9-game 1982 season is weird, because he got 35 votes to beat Dan Fouts' 33. Marcus Allen, Joe Theisman, and Danny White got the remaining votes. Moseley had a very good season, particularly by the kicking standards of the era, including a few clutch kicks and a few games where he scored most of their points, and they finished with the best record at 8-1. That said, Fouts was on pace for over 5000 yards and his leading receiver, Wes Chandler, set a record that still stands by averaging 129 yards per game and was on pace for 2000~ and didn't get a single vote, which is typical for wide receivers. I'll just assume the voters were all delusional after the strike shut the season down for 2 months.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Mark Moseley never forget

I'm pretty sure Aaron Donald has talked about only wanting to play 10 years before

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

fartknocker posted:

Mark Moseley in the 9-game 1982 season is weird, because he got 35 votes to beat Dan Fouts' 33. Marcus Allen, Joe Theisman, and Danny White got the remaining votes. Moseley had a very good season, particularly by the kicking standards of the era, including a few clutch kicks and a few games where he scored most of their points, and they finished with the best record at 8-1. That said, Fouts was on pace for over 5000 yards and his leading receiver, Wes Chandler, set a record that still stands by averaging 129 yards per game and was on pace for 2000~ and didn't get a single vote, which is typical for wide receivers. I'll just assume the voters were all delusional after the strike shut the season down for 2 months.

I just assumed they were spite votes. how dare you players strike, gently caress you we'll give it to a kicker

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
IIRC that's pretty much exactly what happened. they were "protest votes" against how the strike went over.

Fouts got jobbed out of the 82 MVP.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
https://x.com/RapSheet/status/1769131145688461483?s=20

QB BATTLE

Edit: and for the cost of a ham sandwich too apparently

https://x.com/AdamSchefter/status/1769131924717478314?s=20

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Mar 16, 2024

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004