Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill

Mozi posted:

where's my Moonies at

hey it's the mom at the end of The Florida Project

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Kingo Ligma posted:

PS shout out to the generic jank rear end Drone operator that works on every single show I've ever done. I don't know why Villeneuve hired one of you to get the sweeping shots of those romance scenes but the crappy camera repo at the end of each one was like a warm blanket.

I can't tell if I wish I had any idea what this meant or if I'm glad I don't.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
there should have been extended screen time given to how the male fremen are taught to dry orgasm

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer
"If we don't make it through this, you have the biggest dick I've seen on a man." -Brandon Lee being very specific

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

Soapy_Bumslap posted:

"If we don't make it through this, you have the biggest dick I've seen on a man." -Brandon Lee being very specific

progressive king

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Kingo Ligma posted:

I saw Dunc 2 and it was real real good!
It had a visual and aural identity of its own!

I cannot handle Zendaya as passion inspiring romantic lead though. Every time the music swelled and they did a kiss or whatever my brain just played a clip show of all the bits in arrested development when someone looks at a photo of Michael Cera's girlfriend and says "what, her? Is she funny or something".

To be fair Villeneuve and Zimmer are both loving TERRIBLE at romance so those scenes never stood a chance anyway.

She’s a fine actor, but what’s good about her is when she’s deadpan and awkward. Like, I didn’t really like those Disney Spiderman movies, but the way she plays Mary Jane as extremely uncomfortable and introverted at all times makes her the only version of that character that I can believe would be into Peter Parker.

I also liked all the scenes with Bill Haverchuck and the other high school kids in the European vacation one.

BigMeal
Mar 14, 2024

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Mar 15, 2024

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Zendaya's character seemed fine to me. Seemed very similar to the rest of the Fremen. You wouldn't get any naive, doe-eyed starlets living underground scrounging for water their whole lives.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

ladys always boring in the crap i see. never saw her turn as meechee tho.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

me explaining why zendayas acting is good

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Challengers looks p hot tho

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I kept getting distracted by Zendaya's friend who looked like one of the GOT Sand Snakes. Too bad it wasn't Bad Pussy, just the other one.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Walk without rhythm and you won’t attract the bad pussy

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
which one of you was this??

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
"Providing an at-home experience" is the big buzzword for theaters these days.

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

ladies and gentlemen...we got em https://variety.com/2024/film/news/man-arrested-love-lies-bleeding-screening-lewd-behavior-1235942865/

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Should have just watched Dune 2 with the other perverts

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Please don't bring more attention to this, it's a traumatic enough time for Rich Evans.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

henkman posted:

Should have just watched Dune 2 with the other perverts

Dragged away from Dune 2 screening by police with the popcorn bucket attached to my crotch screaming "This is entrapment!"

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Mega64 posted:

Please don't bring more attention to this, it's a traumatic enough time for Rich Evans.

I don't know, look at that scruffy beard and hair cut, that's 2013 Jay.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Like Jay would get off to tuskless lesbian sex.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

Arc Hammer posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mEfV5v2MH0

It is genuinely funny how the scene immediately switches from a smooth pan into a frantic shaky cam the moment the shots start flying. In a show full of terrible decisions like Kenobi I think it has to take the cake for having possibly the worst cinematography and camera work in the entire franchise.

It's hilarious how they miss four shots as the door opens, I know stormtroopers missing is a meme, but they could have had the Jedi at least have to deflect a few, Jedi really often don't look like the skilled warriors they should because the enemy they face are either comedy droids or comedy troops

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Arc Hammer posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mEfV5v2MH0

It is genuinely funny how the scene immediately switches from a smooth pan into a frantic shaky cam the moment the shots start flying. In a show full of terrible decisions like Kenobi I think it has to take the cake for having possibly the worst cinematography and camera work in the entire franchise.

I think one of my favorite Twitter moments is when Jay tweeted making fun of how lame it was and all these people came out of the woodwork to explain how Jay just doesn’t understand cinema and that the shaking indicates chaos

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Sir Lemming posted:

I can't tell if I wish I had any idea what this meant or if I'm glad I don't.

Some of the drone camera piloting in this extremely expensive meticulously crafted sci fi epic was of a similarly poor quality to what you would find on an average cheap reality tv show.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I like drone shots regardless of context, they add a bit of apparent production value to whatever awful garbage you’re watching, and they do it cheap. Yeah I can be easy to please sometimes.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Kingo Ligma posted:

Some of the drone camera piloting in this extremely expensive meticulously crafted sci fi epic was of a similarly poor quality to what you would find on an average cheap reality tv show.

it was a fine shot. please get checked for brain worms asap

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

kalel posted:

it was a fine shot. please get checked for brain worms asap

:itwaspoo:

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Patreon Update!

Red Letter Media posted:

Not-So-Fast VCR Repair

For the first time, after aaaaall the years we've been doing this, we had to actually do some VCR repair. Well, more of just a cleaning than repair but it's still interesting to open up one of these things. While shooting the most recent Best of the Worst (coming soon!!), our workhorse VCR/DVD player combo that we've been using for probably the last 7 or 8 years just stopped playing tapes. We of course have more than one backup VCR just in case something like this happens so our day doesn't come to a screeching halt but this is the first time we've had to break one of the backups out. But now our main player is cleaned and running like normal again. Just takes some spray air and a little rubbing alcohol on the tape head. So yeah, if you've never seen what one of these things looks like inside, here ya go.

Dr. Thoss
Aug 22, 2011

i am a doctor. my name is thoss.
FRIDAY NIGHT DISCORD MOVIES

starting at 8 eastern

1. Escape From Area 51

2. Fatal Exam

3. The Roller Blade Seven

billymumphrey
Mar 2, 2022
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmN1Op8ygno

Featuring Finchy from the Office as the turbulent priest trope

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

That DICK! posted:

ladys always boring in the crap i see. never saw her turn as meechee tho.

Zendaya is aggressively mid as an actress. She can say lines convincingly (she’s no Dakota Johnson though) and she has a decent screen presence, but I don’t get the hype over her.

Paddyo
Aug 3, 2007

colonelwest posted:

Zendaya is aggressively mid as an actress. She can say lines convincingly (she’s no Dakota Johnson though) and she has a decent screen presence, but I don’t get the hype over her.

I thought she and Tom Holland had a fun chemistry in the last two Spiderman movies. Kind of sucks that they cut out some of most interesting Chani scenes in DUNC2 though. Would have given her a chance to show some good range and added some depth to the story.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Dr. Thoss posted:

FRIDAY NIGHT DISCORD MOVIES

starting at 8 eastern
2. Fatal Exam

Fatal Exam has a lot of good stuff in it. Both the hero and the villain have moustaches in a failed attempt to make them not look like giant babies

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

DebonaireD posted:

I watched the Crow recently, it's still pretty fun for a movie that doesnt really have any tension or stakes to it. It's kinda like death wish in that way. But it's too bad Brandon Lee didnt get to be a bigger star, he's got this perfect 90s earnest actiness. Great production design, out-burtons tim burton, gross, weird, not appropriate for kids and way too dumb for adults, and the soundtrack is one of the best of all time.

i had the crow on vhs when i was a young and probably watched it like 8-9 times. but i had the soundtrack on cd and listened to it like 800-900 times and it got to point where it wouldnt even play half the tracks

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

The Crow soundtrack was perhaps the apex of nineties culture.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

the best version of the crow soundtrack is when “it can’t rain all the time” has mercifully been scratched so that it cannot play

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

LanceHunter posted:

gently caress yeah and it ruled.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

LanceHunter posted:

The Matrix soundtrack

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

LanceHunter posted:

Patreon Update!

lol, thirty years from now they'll end up being legit vcr repair people despratly trying to keep the last of the worlds vhs players alive so they can keep on watching their bad movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

dr_rat posted:

lol, thirty years from now they'll end up being legit vcr repair people despratly trying to keep the last of the worlds vhs players alive so they can keep on watching their bad movies.

By that point every bad movie currently available only on VHS will have been released as a premium 4k Blu-ray with hours of special features and a limited edition slip cover.