Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Henry Lee Mucus posted:

Love that the dirt smeared rubes snorting the last crumbs of meth from under the couch cushions are a-ok with this, but think the left is destroying the fabric of society

well you see actually all this wealth pictured will be going to the common man whom trump loves and is fighting for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fishmasher
Apr 22, 2002
my trump-loving aunt just went to the emergency room for high blood pressure after another bout of irrational anger
i actually suspect lead problems

it made me wonder why some people like donald who are several years older and several lbs. heavier can have angry rants every day without experiencing similar issues though
who knows, maybe it will happen

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Henry Lee Mucus posted:

Love that the dirt smeared rubes snorting the last crumbs of meth from under the couch cushions are a-ok with this, but think the left is destroying the fabric of society

LIBERAL ELITES!!!!

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Counted posted:

SCOTUS refused to hear an emergency request from some university students in TX that go to a school that banned drag shows. There were no dissents.

They sought an injunction from a TX judge as well, and the reasoning he returned to deny it, I poo poo you not, is "it is not clearly established that all drag shows are inherently expressive."

Pretty sure this judge would be saying the same about burlesque shows 50+ years ago. Funny how this isn't said about other forms of stage shows, which have been explicitly found to be inherently expressive under the first amendment.

Money sent to businesses by lobbies is protected speech but expressing and celebrating anything that isn't hetero-normative from individual, real rear end people apparently isn't.

I loathe these dipshit chudges on a fundamental level and wish someone would successfully submit a motion to yeet them into the sun.

I think this is pretty standard. Like it's lovely, but there has to be an actual emergency, i.e. people suffering irreputable harm. I love drag as much as the next person, but performing it in this particular venue is not irreparable harm.

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

A gay man with no asscheeks, tragic

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
It's a good pic because as you scroll down you're like, "Man this guy sure looks like a goober ..." and then you get to the boots and hurt yourself with either a spit-take or uproarious laughter

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
https://twitter.com/patriottakes/status/1768759082305851629

Someone needs to do a documentary on Mar-a-Lago.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Data Graham posted:

He won't endorse Trump.

He'll VOTE for him, oh gently caress yeah boy howdy he'll vote like a maniac for him. Just won't ENDORSE him. On air.

Pence and Romney will vote for each other or some dumb poo poo that is effectively the same as voting Trump

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Jelly posted:

It's a good pic because as you scroll down you're like, "Man this guy sure looks like a goober ..." and then you get to the boots and hurt yourself with either a spit-take or uproarious laughter

And you're scrolling a loooooOOOOONG rear end time

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

"Vault Wealth Managment"

just another plucky startup catering to the attendees, have a few tchotchkes

Key chain? Water bottle? Brochure on tax shelters?

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Apparently I got an email from comcast yesterday saying they're increasing my down/up because they appreciate me lol. I guess now I know why

Oh lol I just checked my email and I got this too. Still egregiously slow but I'll take it

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Do you see this? This means "Have a nice day".

wuffles posted:

A gay man with no asscheeks, tragic

Also no fashion sense, he's a real maverick

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Three Olives posted:

https://twitter.com/patriottakes/status/1768668484278395026

Mar-a-Lago is the tackiest place on earth, it is really breathtaking.

I feel like the literal meaning of tacky also applies, I feel that anything one might touch in Mar-a-Lago would be sticky and gross.

Burning_Monk posted:

Fine. Good.

Now get on with locking Him up!

Since you capitalized 'Him', I have to assume you mean God.

Purgatory Glory
Feb 20, 2005

He's got that "Woody from toy story" Bod.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Agents are GO! posted:

Since you capitalized 'Him', I have to assume you mean God.

He's got a lot to answer for

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Agents are GO! posted:

I feel like the literal meaning of tacky also applies, I feel that anything one might touch in Mar-a-Lago would be sticky and gross.

It's like how "chintzy" used to mean "luxurious and decadent" because chintz was a cool printed fabric from exotic India that cost tons of money

But then everyone made cheap knockoffs and sold it to tasteless rubes and it became seen as the kind of thing trailer trash would wear. Thus "chintzy" now means tacky and gross

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Fishmasher posted:

my trump-loving aunt just went to the emergency room for high blood pressure after another bout of irrational anger
i actually suspect lead problems

it made me wonder why some people like donald who are several years older and several lbs. heavier can have angry rants every day without experiencing similar issues though
who knows, maybe it will happen
because it's all a big random craps shoot and if there weren't people with an extraordinary amount of luck they would have developed empathy and the entire republican party would have collapse long ago.

DemihumanResources
Apr 16, 2019

Just let me frob some dang bits already

loving Moron posted:

J/k but seriously we have hit the bottom of the LOL mine. There is nothing more to harvest.

there is always more and it is always worsre

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

InsertPotPun posted:

because it's all a big random craps shoot and if there weren't people with an extraordinary amount of luck they would have developed empathy and the entire republican party would have collapse long ago.
Trump could pop a vein at any time!

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

...okay somehow THIS picture is what pushes Mar a Lago in my mind beyond like, regular tacky evil decadence and into the realm of "palace of a hedonistic evil emperor in a scifi movie" weirdness

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

VP cleanup begins

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

On the advice of counsel I am stating for the record that Sandy Hook was not a hoax <3
#

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012

Is that a giant outdoor carpet that they're parking the cars on? I don't know why this out of all the weird tacky things happening in these photos is what I keep focusing on, but I can't stop.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

VP cleanup begins

lol, brain-damaged motherfucker says what?

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Civil posted:

Everyone else who Trump has hosed over has continued to carry water for him. Pence is making up 'policy differences' to avoid saying Trump is a lying psychopath who would sell off his children to benefit himself if he could.

Would love to see someone ask him what policies of Trump's are different now to 2020 and 2016.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Nvm bad idea

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Mar 15, 2024

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

Oh I don’t like this at all

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

which one is the pole dancer? like none of them look like they got the core strength to do it

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Toxic Mental posted:

I’m at the coast today, did anything probe-worthy happen

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

nobodygetshurt posted:

:lmao:
"please have empathy for sociopaths"

Can neurotypicals not? Thanks

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

He stands like a statue
Becomes part of the machine
Feeling all the bumpers
Always playing clean

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Counted
Apr 28, 2023

Three Olives posted:

I think this is pretty standard. Like it's lovely, but there has to be an actual emergency, i.e. people suffering irreputable harm. I love drag as much as the next person, but performing it in this particular venue is not irreparable harm.

1.) This is an annual drag show that students in both the drag and LGBTQ+ community used to look forward to every year, being denied in what is considered a "limited public forum" as it's a state university. This is the second year it hasn't been held in a row and it'll probably go on a third or fourth if this has to wind its way through the traditional path through the courts. It involves a student hall that regularly gets scheduled for other shows and performances.

2.) I'd argue monetary recompense for this wouldn't do poo poo for these students in trying to gain back something they used to look forward to every year when this is looking like it'll work itself out well after they graduate.

3.) Amarillo, Texas has only one federal judge, Matthew Kacsmaryk, a Trump appointee with strong ties to the religious right who also moved to ban mifepristone recently. He referred to these performances as profane, lasvicious, the usual kind of justifications given.

4.) Their appeal will now be going to the fifth circuit which lol if you know their history already on how that will end up. They have already dragged their feet, and have rejected two requests to expedite the case or give any temporary relief at all which is what led to this show not happening for its second year in a row.

5.) Normally the judge's federal ruling wouldn't serve as precedent in other cases - but if the appeals court upholds this ruling, it would blow a massive hole into first amendment protections for shows in Texas, Mississippi, and Louisiana. It'll likely go in front of SCOTUS anyways, which means in the meantime that's one less space in Texas with representation until 2025+

"Why can't you do it in another space?" is something drag communities have heard before when trying to participate in spaces given to literally everyone else, and it's how drag shows and other drag-related community events wind up with nowhere left to perform or hold even the basic kinds of outreach. See also: drag events in libraries

Regardless if I'm wrong on a procedural level, I'm not going to WELL ACTUALLY myself about a SCOTUS that has granted emergency relief in questionable cases already in their shadow docket for years now. Please don't defend this SCOTUS or the MAGA-world judiciary, I'm gay and I'm tired. Reading the judicial opinions on this already and knowing it'll be slow-walked with no stay nor relief was like staring into the abyss.

Counted fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Mar 15, 2024

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Data Graham posted:

Supercars are often built to parts-bin spec and hypercars are equally often "hand-built" with all the shoddy unevenness that implies. Ferraris are famous for having lovely chassis welds, and all the more so when they're low-volume cars that don't merit a robotic assembly line.

It's part of the charm lol

(that said I'll say plenty of good things about Lotuses but this ain't the subforum for it)

I looked at buying an Exige when I bought the GTR but I’m 6’4” and found some horror show of a lotus forum with dudes spending tens of thousands of dollars for an extra inch or two of legroom in those cars and decided I didn’t want to look like Dino from the Flintstones

E: if I had unlimited money I still wouldn’t drive a Bugatti. I will say the exhaust note on the Ferraris I’ve been able to run around with is the prettiest sound in the world but I’m a low-class idiot and my dream car is the aventador SV

EE: or a crazy low mileage r34 but looking at the prices in those right now is a huge lol

~~~GBS CAR CHAT~~~

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Mar 15, 2024

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

Philthy posted:

The only person who doesn't want him dead (Biden), he wont vote for.

People are weird.

Biden had the audacity to take his admin's second term away and with it, his long drawn plans to coast into the white house in 2024 like HW Bush.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Frank Frank posted:

I looked at buying an Exige when I bought the GTR but I’m 6’4” and found some horror show of a lotus forum with dudes spending tens of thousands of dollars for an extra inch or two of legroom in those cars and decided I didn’t want to look like Dino from the Flintstones

I am 6'3" and dailied an Elise for 2 years. They are roomier than they look. I eventually got rid of it because it could be downright harrowing to drive in winter storms in the PNW and started having electrical gremlins because British car.

Ah yes, very normal.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Lifespan posted:

I am 6'3" and dailied an Elise for 2 years. They are roomier than they look. I eventually got rid of it because it could be downright harrowing to drive in winter storms in the PNW and started having electrical gremlins because British car.

I looked like donkey Kong behind the wheel of an exige ngl

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

It is kind of funny tragic that while trumps lawyer's were trying to say Willis was lying about getting threats because her dad stayed at her house, the judge himself was being threatened by the same loving people.

Trump is a mob boss.

e: funny isn't the word.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Mar 15, 2024

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Frank Frank posted:

I looked like donkey Kong behind the wheel of an exige ngl

Because of the loud styling you also get people being weird about it (and I was in my 20s when I drove it). Middle aged guys would walk up to me whenever I got gas to make some snarky, insecure comment about it. More than once I had someone ask "how much did you pay for your Ferrari" and preferred that they felt butthurt about it rather than me respond "I spent less on my Lotus than your F150."

Sorry, end of tangent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Asterite34 posted:

...okay somehow THIS picture is what pushes Mar a Lago in my mind beyond like, regular tacky evil decadence and into the realm of "palace of a hedonistic evil emperor in a scifi movie" weirdness

Trump isn’t the Baron Harkonen but by god he’s trying even though he’s more the weird king of frog town