Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Frank Frank posted:

I looked at buying an Exige when I bought the GTR but I’m 6’4” and found some horror show of a lotus forum with dudes spending tens of thousands of dollars for an extra inch or two of legroom in those cars and decided I didn’t want to look like Dino from the Flintstones

E: if I had unlimited money I still wouldn’t drive a Bugatti. I will say the exhaust note on the Ferraris I’ve been able to run around with is the prettiest sound in the world but I’m a low-class idiot and my dream car is the aventador SV

EE: or a crazy low mileage r34 but looking at the prices in those right now is a huge lol

~~~GBS CAR CHAT~~~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkBqVVbnZ1c&t=9s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Lifespan posted:

Because of the loud styling you also get people being weird about it (and I was in my 20s when I drove it). Middle aged guys would walk up to me whenever I got gas to make some snarky, insecure comment about it. More than once I had someone ask "how much did you pay for your Ferrari" and preferred that they felt butthurt about it rather than me respond "I spent less on my Lotus than your F150."

Sorry, end of tangent.

lol I summarized my GTR ownership experience to my wife as “being the world’s lamest rockstar that is only popular with teenaged boys”.

The coal roller set around here really doesn’t seem to even know what it is but respect the fact that it’s loud (joke’s on them, it’s a V6).

I will end car chat now I’m sorry

Basically this but with the sales guy trying to reassure me that I didn’t look like that

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Surprise, Fox News did a racism

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Counted posted:

1.) This is an annual drag show that students in both the drag and LGBTQ+ community used to look forward to every year, being denied in what is considered a "limited public forum" as it's a state university. This is the second year it hasn't been held in a row and it'll probably go on a third or fourth if this has to wind its way through the traditional path through the courts. It involves a student hall that regularly gets scheduled for other shows and performances.

2.) I'd argue monetary recompense for this wouldn't do poo poo for these students in trying to gain back something they used to look forward to every year when this is looking like it'll work itself out well after they graduate.

3.) Amarillo, Texas has only one federal judge, Matthew Kacsmaryk, a Trump appointee with strong ties to the religious right who also moved to ban mifepristone recently. He referred to these performances as profane, lasvicious, the usual kind of justifications given.

4.) Their appeal will now be going to the fifth circuit which lol if you know their history already on how that will end up. They have already dragged their feet, and have rejected two requests to expedite the case or give any temporary relief at all which is what led to this show not happening for its second year in a row.

5.) Normally the judge's federal ruling wouldn't serve as precedent in other cases - but if the appeals court upholds this ruling, it would blow a massive hole into first amendment protections for shows in Texas, Mississippi, and Louisiana. It'll likely go in front of SCOTUS anyways, which means in the meantime that's one less space in Texas with representation until 2025+

"Why can't you do it in another space?" is something drag communities have heard before when trying to participate in spaces given to literally everyone else, and it's how drag shows and other drag-related community events wind up with nowhere left to perform or hold even the basic kinds of outreach. See also: drag events in libraries

Regardless if I'm wrong on a procedural level, I'm not going to WELL ACTUALLY myself about a SCOTUS that has granted emergency relief in questionable cases already in their shadow docket for years now. Please don't defend this SCOTUS or the MAGA-world judiciary, I'm gay and I'm tired. Reading the judicial opinions on this already and knowing it'll be slow-walked with no stay nor relief was like staring into the abyss.

LOL Trump: I’m gay and I’m tired

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/03/15/former-vice-president-mike-pence-will-not-endorse-trump-for-president.html

quote:

WASHINGTON — Former Vice President Mike Pence said Friday that he would not endorse his former boss for president in the 2024 election.

Pence revealed the decision during an interview on Fox News. “I will not be endorsing Donald Trump this year,” the Republican said.

Pence’s announcement came as Trump secured enough Republican delegates this week to clinch the party’s nomination.

Trump “is pursuing and articulating an agenda that is at odds with the conservative agenda that we governed on during our four years,” said Pence.

“As I have watched his candidacy unfold, I’ve seen him walking away from our commitment to confronting the national debt,” Pence said. “I’ve seen him starting to shy away from a commitment to the sanctity of human life.”

Trump: "I never knew this so called Vice President"

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Bitch you were in 5th place in swimming

4th place still doesn't get a title, trophy, or records you dumb poo poo

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Bottom Liner posted:

4th place still doesn't get a title, trophy, or records you dumb poo poo

Better: Her best placement was tying for fifth :lol:

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
I'm really happy for Scott. He's a real Lebowski Urban Achiever

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Well y’know, I’m as much of a fascist as the next guy but he actually did try to have me murdered and hung in the capital steps so I think I have to respectfully decline to endorse him at this point

Counted
Apr 28, 2023

Silly Burrito posted:

LOL Trump: I’m gay and I’m tired

Getting this tattooed on my rear end brb

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

I'm in disguise, you stupid tart!

kazil posted:

Goon face blindness strikes again

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

kazil posted:

$20 says she can’t name who she’s quoting

Bonus points if she can identify how and/or why the origin of that quote might well have been homoerotic

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Counted posted:

SCOTUS refused to hear an emergency request from some university students in TX that go to a school that banned drag shows. There were no dissents.

They sought an injunction from a TX judge as well, and the reasoning he returned to deny it, I poo poo you not, is "it is not clearly established that all drag shows are inherently expressive."

Pretty sure this judge would be saying the same about burlesque shows 50+ years ago. Funny how this isn't said about other forms of stage shows, which have been explicitly found to be inherently expressive under the first amendment.

Money sent to businesses by lobbies is protected speech but expressing and celebrating anything that isn't hetero-normative from individual, real rear end people apparently isn't.

I loathe these dipshit chudges on a fundamental level and wish someone would successfully submit a motion to yeet them into the sun.

The state where I live isn't perfect but it's not Texas. gently caress Texas.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Frank Frank posted:

$20 says she can’t name who she’s quoting

Bonus points if she can identify how and/or why the origin of that quote might well have been homoerotic

MIB is queer as hell

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

VP cleanup begins

This feels the most "my "sandy hook actually happened" shirt has people asking questions already answered by my shirt" vibes.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

War Wizard posted:

This feels the most "my "sandy hook actually happened" shirt has people asking questions already answered by my shirt" vibes.

Yeah if you're making public statements in 2024 about how sandy hook is actually real and definitely happened you hosed up somewhere.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

War Wizard posted:

Isn't this what Alex Jones now has to say wear too lol

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Breaking :lol:

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1768771527665652071?s=20

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

America's MayorHobo

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Oh to be a fly on the wall when Rudy applies to rent an apartment somewhere and has to provide references

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Frank Frank posted:

Oh to be a fly on the wall when Rudy applies to rent an apartment somewhere and has to provide references

He's gonna show up at Mar-a-lago with all his stuff and Trump's just gonna be like "who the gently caress is this guy? i've never met him, throw him in the ocean"

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Hazo posted:

Better: Her best placement was tying for fifth :lol:

That's what I mean, even if the transgender athlete were removed she still wouldn't have gotten even a fuckin bronze :lol:

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

Powershift posted:

He's gonna show up at Mar-a-lago with all his stuff and Trump's just gonna be like "Whish bah coosh, narpot thangam - cThangum - bash foosh Biden"

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Counted posted:

"Why can't you do it in another space?" is something drag communities have heard before when trying to participate in spaces given to literally everyone else, and it's how drag shows and other drag-related community events wind up with nowhere left to perform or hold even the basic kinds of outreach. See also: drag events in libraries

This is also how drag events end up being hosted in spaces considered "too adult for children" despite a clear delineation of non-artistic adult subject matter being removed for the event, and the events are further demonized as "adults-only" because those adults-only venues are the only ones hosting them. It's otherizing them until they're out of sight, at which point they can be marginalized and dismantled without consequence.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)
Oh Rudy, can't you go a full minute without making a fool of yourself?

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

IBroughttheFunk posted:

Is that a giant outdoor carpet that they're parking the cars on? I don't know why this out of all the weird tacky things happening in these photos is what I keep focusing on, but I can't stop.

The lovely grass in the first photo and dirty rear end roof tiles in the second bugs me the most. I assume they are dirty, the roof on the main building appears much cleaner, get some maintenance staff a gerni or something ffs.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Speaking of Rudy.

One of the chud networks had him on and he still looks like a goblin

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

hans moleman has officially hit rock bottom.

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

kazil posted:

Speaking of Rudy.

One of the chud networks had him on and he still looks like a goblin

Still pining hoping Knight Trump swoops in to rescue him. He's totally sucking up waiting for either money to settle his debts, or an eventual pardon.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Isn't he also trying to sell his Manhattan apartment and nobody wants it

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Karma Comedian posted:

Isn't he also trying to sell his Manhattan apartment and nobody wants it

Imagine the smell

cptInsane0
Apr 11, 2007

...and a clown with no head

War Wizard posted:

Oh Rudy, can't you go a full minute without making a fool of yourself?

...How long was that?

DemihumanResources
Apr 16, 2019

Just let me frob some dang bits already

Infinitum posted:

America's MayorHobo

yeah mayor of hoboken even

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Ya know, I useta be President... I'll let you kids punch me anywhere but the face for a dollar.
https://x.com/alpharivelino/status/1768380684815515994?s=46

How is everyone's cock confidence today?

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Really fighting the urge to waste part of my Friday night working up a Gay 'n Tired tag.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Really fighting the urge to waste part of my Friday night working up a Gay 'n Tired tag.

I mean

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

Not a mushroom and sees use with others who aren't disgusted by it. Sooooo, light years better than Turmip.

Also mine is mounted in the proper place, not at my knees. So I learned I have that going for me too I guess?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
can don even reach his cock

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

be cooler if you did, Red

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

PhazonLink posted:

can don even reach his cock

He drat sure hasn't seen it in a couple of decades.

I guess that's why he has no shame. He has no idea of its current visual state.