Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://youtube.com/shorts/UVMmfQmXQ7M?si=TQMe2Gjc_VEmmDAt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Guavanaut posted:

One evolution, please!

No, I fell out of a coconut tree.

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

After nearly two decades of monitoring right-wing shitheads, nearly nothing is as soul-crushingly depressing as hearing people actively fall for the "litter boxes in school" crap. Like it's one thing to hear the usual people in the media spreading it, but just a suburban mom's "Whaaaat? Nooooo. Really??????" accompanying a rapid increase of Hitler Particles in the surrounding area absolutely haunts me each time I hear it.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Good loving news Mr. Barker, for only a few thousand dollars I was able to have a professional neuter me

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

jivjov posted:

Good loving news Mr. Barker, for only a few thousand dollars I was able to have a professional neuter me

:same:

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Panfilo posted:

Here's another

Stuffing my jacket pockets with sensitive financial documents so I'm prepared to own employees for providing feedback that I asked for.

Wait why do I need feedback on how I'm doing, isn't their continued employment all the feedback I need

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

VitalSigns posted:

Stuffing my jacket pockets with sensitive financial documents so I'm prepared to own employees for providing feedback that I asked for.

Wait why do I need feedback on how I'm doing, isn't their continued employment all the feedback I need

I get the point they think they're making; The fact that they continue to pay you and haven't fired you is proof that you're doing a "good job."
And drawing a paycheck is all the motivation you should need to continue to do a good job.

It's still a lovely boomer point, but I get it, probably because I hear it a lot in my industry.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

After nearly two decades of monitoring right-wing shitheads, nearly nothing is as soul-crushingly depressing as hearing people actively fall for the "litter boxes in school" crap. Like it's one thing to hear the usual people in the media spreading it, but just a suburban mom's "Whaaaat? Nooooo. Really??????" accompanying a rapid increase of Hitler Particles in the surrounding area absolutely haunts me each time I hear it.

I had a coworker relay the litterbox story as a point of fact that was told directly to him by a school teacher. He's full of poo poo on a lot of counts and no one can loving stand him. Even the CHUDS.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Last year, at my high school, the senior prank was them trashing the gym and putting litter in the bathrooms (large chud area). Principal lost his poo poo and did not want stupid rear end rumors starting about the school.

Bizarro Kanyon fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Mar 14, 2024

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

hmm what color should i choose for my picture text. mmmmm im a go with the dominant background color of the image itself. gently caress yeah

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Last year, at my high school, the senior prank was them trashing the gym and putting litter in the bathrooms (large child area). Principal lost his poo poo and did not want stupid rear end rumors starting about the school.
To be fair "make stupid poo poo the adults believe because they want to look real" is a pretty drat good troll on their part

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

The Islamic Shock posted:

To be fair "make stupid poo poo the adults believe because they want to look real" is a pretty drat good troll on their part

I had to edit my last post because it was meant to say chud, not child. I honestly do not know whether the students believe that that was happening at schools “in those other places”.

Today, they were saying if Trump is kept off the ballots then they are voting for RFK Jr, especially because the media is censoring him (other than choosing Aaron Rodgers as his VP)

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

I had to edit my last post because it was meant to say chud, not child. I honestly do not know whether the students believe that that was happening at schools “in those other places”.

Today, they were saying if Trump is kept off the ballots then they are voting for RFK Jr, especially because the media is censoring him (other than choosing Aaron Rodgers as his VP)
We clearly need old people who survived smallpox to be motivational speakers at our schools

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

The Islamic Shock posted:

And hey there is a small bit of truth to the "schools putting kitty litter in bathrooms for furries" story, it's just that the kitty litter in classrooms was brought in case students have to hide in closets for a length of time due to school shootings.

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Medullah posted:

And hey there is a small bit of truth to the "schools putting kitty litter in bathrooms for furries" story, it's just that the kitty litter in classrooms was brought in case students have to hide in closets for a length of time due to school shootings.
The small kernel of truth conservative media likes to extrapolate insane poo poo from with leaps of logic that Evel Knievel wouldn't try is in this case inconvenient to their beliefs. Weird, wonder what effect that had on the propagation of that idea if any.

There's probably a "furries saved my life" satirical article in there if my remarkable intuition for things I'm good at and can't get paid for is any indication

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
missed opportunities for more exclamation marks

soviet elsa
Feb 22, 2024
lover of cats and snow
Wow, even Donald Trump has endorsed Biden.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Trump wants to gently caress his kids

The Artificial Kid
Feb 22, 2002
Plibble

Panfilo posted:

Oldie but goodie

Atheists, always famously reifying evil.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

lead foil hats on

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost
That has to be a troll that Poe's Law-Ed its way into circulation, its just too perfect

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Your chest x-ray isn't going to work very well if you insist on wearing a lead vest.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
I read that label as Bitch Boy first. Might register that brand one day, don't steal!

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Protects from 100% of 5G and DEW damage. Contains arsenic.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

DarkHorse posted:

That has to be a troll that Poe's Law-Ed its way into circulation, its just too perfect
IDK, a lot of boomers get really mad about poison being taken out of things.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Guavanaut posted:

lead foil hats on

My silent weapons include farts, your lead paint gonna stop that?

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021
Clearly this is a plot to make us even more vulnerable to Kryptonian tyranny

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

cat botherer posted:

IDK, a lot of boomers get really mad about poison being taken out of things.
Too much mercury in the vaccines and not nearly enough in the red stuff you put on scraped knees these days :manning:

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Guavanaut posted:

lead foil hats on

Lmao.

Someone in the Hacker News thread in YOSPOS posted someone from HN saying something like "Lead isn't poison, it's actually an essential nutrient" and I just don't know what's real anymore.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Guavanaut posted:

lead foil hats on

Whoever posted this is 60+ years old, grew up with lead paint in their home and pumped leaded gas into their Buick.

They're brain damaged is what I'm saying.

Neito posted:

Lmao.

Someone in the Hacker News thread in YOSPOS posted someone from HN saying something like "Lead isn't poison, it's actually an essential nutrient" and I just don't know what's real anymore.

Same with this person.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

BiggerBoat posted:

Whoever posted this is 60+ years old, grew up with lead paint in their home and pumped leaded gas into their Buick.

They're brain damaged is what I'm saying.

Same with this person.

Nah, Hacker News is just kinda Like That. It's like an even more libertarian/Techbro Reddit.

soviet elsa
Feb 22, 2024
lover of cats and snow

Neito posted:

Nah, Hacker News is just kinda Like That. It's like an even more libertarian/Techbro Reddit.

"Eat lead. Not as a self-harm euphemism, eat literal lead." is really not what I usually associate with tech bros

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

soviet elsa posted:

"Eat lead. Not as a self-harm euphemism, eat literal lead." is really not what I usually associate with tech bros

There is a whole subset of techbros, more Xers and older but some younger ones too, who have strong opinions on the age of consent and other libertarian ideas. Just look at the forums pre Obama.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Also anything that sounds like people telling them what to do, whether it's "wear a mask" or "wear a seatbelt" or "don't fill your house with mercury" but they can't admit that, so there has to be some convoluted reason that they're right and the person telling them is wrong.

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?
Yeah, I stumbled across a Sovereign Citizen-adjacent podcast recently, and there really are people out there who base their entire existence around "defying the tyrants," which usually just means doing the exact opposite of whatever anyone suggests might be a good idea to do. These guys talked so much about how raw milk is a God-sent gift that cures disease and provides all the nutrition your body needs, solely because the state of Pennsylvania is suing an Amish dude for selling raw food that got people sick. Also, according to them, the freedom to travel in this country has been completely abolished (the host's buddy got a ticket for not having a driver's license).

It was all very silly, until they swerved into talking about we need to impose God's law on the land and start lawfully imprisoning the homosexuals so they get their speedy trial and execution. It got much less fun to listen to at that point.

Crunch Buttsteak fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Mar 16, 2024

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

I am reminded of a possibly-apocryphal account of somebody who was a libertarian until they took MDMA and realized other people also have feelings.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Safety Dance posted:

I am reminded of a possibly-apocryphal account of somebody who was a libertarian until they took MDMA and realized other people also have feelings.

Well they could be lying but it's not made up at least.

https://twitter.com/str1cken/status/1229188759759020032

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

It was all very silly, until they swerved into talking about we need to impose God's law on the land and
Extremely specific liberties strike again.