Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Its Rinaldo posted:

Propaghandi. Good band.

It's wild how they've gotten and continue to get better since going the thrash route what... twenty years ago?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Dune 2 time! Let's loving gooooooo.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Huh, guess I can go see Tim Teabow as part of a very televangelistic/grifty Christian thing.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

BlindSite posted:

Dune 2 time! Let's loving gooooooo.

Let's gooooooooooooooooo

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Huh, guess I can go see Tim Teabow as part of a very televangelistic/grifty Christian thing.

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Let's gooooooooooooooooo

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
dune your mom a second time

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Intruder posted:

dune your mom a second time

Dune 2 moms at the same time

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

dune ur mom so hard she needs a gurney after

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
dune your mom until she sees the god emperor worm (actual spoiler)

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Intruder posted:

dune your mom until she sees the god emperor worm (actual spoiler)

lmao

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I live by a simple code. Dune 2 others what they would Dune 2 you.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

"Top Leaders in Faith and Finance" is a giant screaming scam siren to me, so it seems pretty fitting for Teabow.

I was thinking about seeing Dune 2 this weekend but it'll be too nice out. I desperately need to get some sun so it'll be a weekend or yard work and hiking.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Hot Diggity! posted:

Dune 2 moms at the same time

I already said the third movie should be called Dune 3: Melange à Trois, so that works.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Ultraviolet pizza with extra mushrooms from Virtuous Pie is my dinner.

Now to have a beer & watch something dumb before going to bed early in preparation of an early hike tomorrow.

Luckily HBO is showing X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

LeeMajors posted:

I finally got back into Disco Elysium after I stepped away for a bit. Leaned in hard and made a lot more progress. This game is so loving rich, man. It’s fantastic.

I need to go back into it. I started it a couple of months ago, but got distracted trying to clean up a bunch of Yakuza games that I never quite finished, and then I got a PS5 a few weeks ago and am now playing FFVII: Rebirth. After that is either Demon's Souls PS5 and/or Spider-Man 2, so who knows when I'll get back around to it

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
I’ve been rewatching Justified as background noise and hot drat this show was so, so good. I have many thoughts, but the redneck noir hits such a specific vibe for me I can’t get enough.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Tulalip Tulips posted:

"Top Leaders in Faith and Finance" is a giant screaming scam siren to me, so it seems pretty fitting for Teabow.

I was thinking about seeing Dune 2 this weekend but it'll be too nice out. I desperately need to get some sun so it'll be a weekend or yard work and hiking.

lol I’ve been getting ads for that Tebow thing too. Are you in Oklahoma? It’s also got the Soul Surfer girl.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I think I spoke too soon on Disco Elysium. I sort of crested the plot and loving sprinted through the end. Incredible game but it ended up with less meat on the back end than I was hoping for—particularly with so much storyline remaining with Klaasje’s corporate espionage poo poo, the impending class war and the Claire’s Union poo poo.

I still give it like an 8/10 but when it broke open it broke WIDE open and it didn’t feel particularly challenging in that final sprint. Just tons of exposition.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Dune - pretty great. Christopher Walken looks his age, but he's still so good to watch in anything. Brolin, milf of the prophet and the Chalamet were amazing too. Sound design was incredible throughout. Haven't enjoyed the audio of a movie that much since The Northman

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I’m on viewing 4 of Ted lasso and this show just makes me want to be a good person

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Joey Freshwater posted:

I’m on viewing 4 of Ted lasso and this show just makes me want to be a good person

The wife pays for Apple every few months just to watch Lasso again, I still haven’t finished it….to busy watching The Wire

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Joey Freshwater posted:

Yeah, we've watched the show multiple times and it's just so good.

We started The Gentlemen on Netflix tonight and it's fine. I feel like the main character is by far the worst actor on the show so that's kinda weird.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Also all my SoCal Goons, we got slammed with 14 inches of the softest snow in Bear. Been up here 4 years and the powder is confectionary sugar.

Cleared the deck and driveway with a broom light

Out of nowhere but it’s taller than my 90lb lab and a good way up the 4 foot fence

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I started Community for the first time recently, really enjoying it and glad to be laughing. I've been pushing myself to binge it since it's leaving Netflix at month's end. I've heard it gets bad after Donald Glover leaves, is that the case? Should I power through past that point or not bother?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

I started Community for the first time recently, really enjoying it and glad to be laughing. I've been pushing myself to binge it since it's leaving Netflix at month's end. I've heard it gets bad after Donald Glover leaves, is that the case? Should I power through past that point or not bother?

It has some bad eps and some good ones. Its worth watching for some of the eps but tbh they probably should have pulled the plug when dong lover left. The last season from memory is weak as piss, but I might be mis-remembering. But still the show overall is extremely good and its worth watching just to see where it goes.

Edit: what I'm driving at is, the bad eps didn't take away from my enjoyment of the product overall, but it does have some post michael scott vibes at times.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Yeah once he’s gone it loses its magic.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Classic rewatch with King of the Hill/Office/Parks and Rec

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Quality dips a little, but if you’ve enjoyed it that far, it’s worth it to keep going as these still good stuff in those seasons and they are shorter, only 13~ episodes each.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

The movie they're making has him coming back at least.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Android Apocalypse posted:

Ultraviolet pizza with extra mushrooms from Virtuous Pie is my dinner.

Now to have a beer & watch something dumb before going to bed early in preparation of an early hike tomorrow.

Luckily HBO is showing X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

I feel like at this point, X-Men Origins: Wolverine's sole purpose for existence is to set up the mid- (post?) credits gag in Deadpool 2

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

a sexual elk posted:

Also all my SoCal Goons, we got slammed with 14 inches of the softest snow in Bear. Been up here 4 years and the powder is confectionary sugar.

Cleared the deck and driveway with a broom light

Out of nowhere but it’s taller than my 90lb lab and a good way up the 4 foot fence

huh, that must be what the thunder and lighting were about. seems to have gone right past us since we barely got a tinkle of a sprinkle.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Just keep watching until you stop liking it.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

lol I’ve been getting ads for that Tebow thing too. Are you in Oklahoma? It’s also got the Soul Surfer girl.

No, Seattle area. They're posting up in the same place that had a full on Christian revival thing last year.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Air Skwirl posted:

Just keep watching until you stop liking it.

The Goon way is to watch it beyond that point, where you're actively disgusted and then post about it in TV iv.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

BlindSite posted:

The Goon way is to watch it beyond that point, where you're actively disgusted and then post about it in TV iv.

I'd rather post in D&D

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Air Skwirl posted:

I'd rather post in D&D

I mean, I'd make the argument its the same energy lol.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

BlindSite posted:

I mean, I'd make the argument its the same energy lol.

Yeah, but if I'm going to put that energy into it I'd rather it be about Mao than Dan Harmon (no offense to Dan Harmon).

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Air Skwirl posted:

Yeah, but if I'm going to put that energy into it I'd rather it be about Mao than Dan Harmon (no offense to Dan Harmon).

Dan Harmon's dumbest idea was better than Mao's best at least.

I still find it so interesting that the Russo Brothers who made the last good things for Disney/Marvel and kicked the Marvel movies from good to great made their bones with community.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

TVIV exists to give people who don’t enjoy TV a place to half watch something, miss all of the important plot and context, and then complain about it online.

Oh sorry it’s also for brain-damaged theorycrafting and for latching on to the dumbest, least consequential things and driving them into the ground

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

BlindSite posted:

Dan Harmon's dumbest idea was better than Mao's best at least.

I still find it so interesting that the Russo Brothers who made the last good things for Disney/Marvel and kicked the Marvel movies from good to great made their bones with community.

Ehh, Mao had some good ideas about landlords.

Edit: for some context my rent is getting jacked up so I have to move and I get more Maoist every time that happens. I was a down right capitalist when I had an apartment that didn't raise my rent for 4 straight years.

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Mar 16, 2024