Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: muscles like this!)

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

cool now do the same for Wayne, Raised By Wolves, and Terriers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

About god drat time.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

isaboo posted:

Raised By Wolves

I only ask for a ridiculous amount of things, Sol, so I deserve this.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Bright Bart posted:

Sorry that slipped out she's called Paige on the show.

At this point any connection to BBT is a crutch - they’ve moved all the characters so far from what they established in the original show, that their only way out is a new show with as many characters not mentioned before as possible.

I wonder if they are going to kill off the dad and that’ll be a gateway into the new series. He’s been mentioned in BBT as having died of a heart attack but I still think they’ll pull a „hes dead to me!” parlor trick.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
I've never watched Young Sheldon but every time I see a promo for it I laugh that the dad is played by the guy who played Bill Ponderosa in It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Hooray!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

wtf I remember this but I absolutely didn’t remember it was him!

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

MarcusSA posted:

wtf I remember this but I absolutely didn’t remember it was him!

He played an artist with a micropenis on New Girl.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

I think that's all the missing shows now:

The Nevers Part 2 - Tubi (2022)
Miracle Workers (4) - Max (2023)
Minx (2) - Starz (2023)
Pantheon (2) - Amazon (2023) (Australia and New Zealand only, lol)
Chad (2) - The Roku Channel (2024)
Spiderwick Chronicles - AMC (2024)
Ripley - Netflix (2024)
Nautilus - AMC (2024)
Three Women - Starz (2024) (?)
Batman Caped Crusader - Amazon (2024) (?)
Snowpiercer (4) - AMC (2025)

Edit: and the final season of Summer Camp Island moving back to Cartoon Network.

Open Source Idiom fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Mar 15, 2024

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
drat, Tokyo Vice S2 has been so good. In the most recent episode, I liked the choice to only film Jake's dad for the call when he had to tell him he wasn't coming back home. Anyone could probably see this coming from a million miles away, and we already know the bullshit he's probably saying, so no need to hear it. I'm sure it's every actor's delight to act out a silent reaction to hearing bad news over the phone and the actor playing Jake's dad (Danny Burstein) pulled it off well. Oh and his mom also did a great job portraying "loving but passive-aggressive" throughout his entire visit

Also, to address a previous thread conversation, I just wanna say that S1 of Tokyo Vice was also very good. But I do feel that S2 is even better. It's like they picked up on exactly what was cool and exciting about S1 and really ramped those aspects up for this season.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Chairman Capone posted:

We used to watch everything on the PS4 and I think a lot of apps just got worse and worse on it. I remember Disney+ and... maybe Amazon? One of the big ones also just getting insanely buggy on the PS4 around 2020. Glitchy, lagging, weird subtitles not working or different languages, volume going really soft. But again, it feels like 2020 was when all of these problems suddenly started coming out. It wasn't really evident until we got a Roku and realized everything worked so much better on it.

I noticed Crunchyroll is unusable on the PS4. What do you get out of a Roki other than more reliable apps?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Sekhmnet posted:

He played an artist with a micropenis on New Girl.

He's been in a surprising amount of stuff, but never looks quite as large as on Reacher. A lot of that is how they shot it for sure.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

timp posted:

drat, Tokyo Vice S2 has been so good. In the most recent episode, I liked the choice to only film Jake's dad for the call when he had to tell him he wasn't coming back home. Anyone could probably see this coming from a million miles away, and we already know the bullshit he's probably saying, so no need to hear it. I'm sure it's every actor's delight to act out a silent reaction to hearing bad news over the phone and the actor playing Jake's dad (Danny Burstein) pulled it off well. Oh and his mom also did a great job portraying "loving but passive-aggressive" throughout his entire visit

Also, to address a previous thread conversation, I just wanna say that S1 of Tokyo Vice was also very good. But I do feel that S2 is even better. It's like they picked up on exactly what was cool and exciting about S1 and really ramped those aspects up for this season.

Samantha's story is the only part of S2 I'm unsure about. First, she gets her club going, then has the whole thing with the architect who gets offed and now she's in the scandal rags and planning to rip off Akira to get her club back up by the looks of it. It's not bad but feels kind of haphazard and unfocused but we'll have to see where it goes.

Watanabe is so good and I'm really liking his part in the show in S2, but Sato is by far the most interesting character just like he was in S1. Especially with his getting kicked out of Chihara-kai with his little brother doing loving hits for them. Bummed to see Ishida go but the replacement/usurper does bring some good drama and tension.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

God I love that movie, especially the chill-as-gently caress dad and his daughter who appears to be the coolest person in New Zealand.

Oh hells, I forgot: Dean Spanley is actually the best Sam Neill film, wherein every time he gets drunk he turns into a big friendly dog.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Oh wild, I remember that moment from the classic era of Idol, what a hoot that it turned out to be Reacher

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Chubby Henparty posted:

wherein every time he gets drunk he turns into a big friendly dog.

Whom amongst us..., eh?

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Hmm, I really should watch Wolf again

Oh, wait, friendly :ohdear:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Watching Grande Crew, remember checking it out when it was new and liking it but never finished it. Sad it's cancelled so no season 3, ton of hilarious people on the show. Cart Tart needs to be on more TV shows.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

IRQ posted:

He's been in a surprising amount of stuff, but never looks quite as large as on Reacher. A lot of that is how they shot it for sure.

I like that they did a callback to his Smallville days in Reacher

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Shageletic posted:

I noticed Crunchyroll is unusable on the PS4.

Did that recently change? I watched an episode of Frieren on my PS4 through Crunchyroll last month.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

First episode of Manhunt felt weirdly off to me, something about the jumping about to different time periods didn't make the story feel particularly cohesive. I do like that they didn't bother to try and explain what happened on the night of the assassination, both because most people probably already MOSTLY know at least the basic timeline and also because the show is supposed to be about the immediate fallout. Booth is not exactly what you'd call a nuanced portrayal but then the guy shot loving Abraham Lincoln, so gently caress him :shrug:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Khanstant posted:

Watching Grande Crew, remember checking it out when it was new and liking it but never finished it. Sad it's cancelled so no season 3, ton of hilarious people on the show. Cart Tart needs to be on more TV shows.

I loved that show. Nicole Beyer is hilarious, and that show had a perfect role for her. And yes, Carl Tart is fantastic.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
My only beef with Carl Tart is I can't hear him and not want to hear the Carmen Sandiego voice. So far Grand Crew has not tapped into his incredible ability to do that exact voice.

I always like Nicole Byers but I've seen her in primarily hosting roles and bit parts and it's been great seeing her have more screentime. Likewise great voice and sound effects ability.

Shout outs to Family Feud gently caress you Steve Harvey but also hey thanks I'm watching this now because they were on it.

Speaking of family feud man celebrity one is frustrating, they got Sam Richardson and Ben Shwarz on an episode and I was excited, it was going to be hilarious, but just kidding that format doesnt oet antone just be funny. The only one making the jokes is Steve Harvey and he has only the 2 jokes to go to and they're both looking dumbfounded at the camera.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
My favorite Celebrity Family Feud moment was June Diane Raphael proudly proclaiming she was playing for abortions. Like, yes it was for Planned Parenthood, but she was also adamant that it was for abortions which I was shocked they let be on TV.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
That had to be satisfying to yell with Steve Harvey around.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Whoever was talking up US Traitors is in trouble, because these people (s1) are making the Australian s2 cast, aka the dumbest people to ever be on tv, look like geniuses in comparison.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

EL BROMANCE posted:

Whoever was talking up US Traitors is in trouble, because these people (s1) are making the Australian s2 cast, aka the dumbest people to ever be on tv, look like geniuses in comparison.

Yeah it rules

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It is to be expected but kind of goofy how the history recaps at the end of Masters of the Air all end with "is dead." Also I can't believe they actually used the line "we were Masters of the Air"

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Started watching Killing It. Slightly whimsy, surprisingly over the top, and very charming.

It's not amazing - something epitomized by the opening titles that are just full on doing the Eastbound and Down sting where it freezes on an awkward face and has the title flash up. They're just a lot less aggressive/all-in than that show was, so it just looks a little dull.

Hearts in a good place tho and it's a fun watch so far.

EL BROMANCE posted:

That's what makes the US version so great! Will warn that some of the S2 people are even worse.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I don’t know if I can put myself through it again after Australia sucked out my will to live. UK s2 still reigns supreme, then UK s1 and AU s1 are tied. Goddamnit US, when that faithful dropped the weird rear end note, and the person who found it told an actual traitor you were feeding me TV gold. When the 3 idiots in the tower collectively decided to then murder a random rather than frame the hell out of that lady, I wanted to murder you all myself.

EL BROMANCE fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Mar 16, 2024

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
I started watching Fortitude after seeing it recommended in connection with True Detective season four, and so far, this really is TD S4 but good. The pacing is way quicker than I expected, too. Three episodes in we already have Gruff Local Detective, Slick Big-City Expert, Big Black Sex Cop, and Sofie Gråbøll investigating multiple homicides and missing person cases while butting heads over jurisdiction in this sleepy arctic town where nothing is supposed to happen. I'm not sure how they're going to drag this out to three seasons, though; at this rate, they'll have depopulated the town at the end of season one.

My main issue is that they didn't have Sofie Gråbøl wear her iconic sweater from 'Forbrydelsen' (The Killing). Given the setting, that seemed like a no-brainer. I see that this was a big issue for the Danish reviewers as well, so it's not just me.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Man, except when Ted is pretending that the 90s are the 10s it's pretty great. Super like a live action Family Guy except the characters are operating in something like the real world, so the Dad-one's borderline abusive, the Meg-one's depressed because she's got legit real world anxieties.

Scott Grimes and Alanna Urbach are hysterical as the parents. "I can't wait to talk about the crab later! I wish we were in the car right now!" And the Nam backstory, oh my days.

Great to see some Orville actors too.

I'm not the biggest fan of The Orville, but there's an inherent sweetness and gentleness that it shares with this show, and with Resident Alien. They're all by Family Guy people, and it's not something I expected they've have in common.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

SimonChris posted:

I started watching Fortitude after seeing it recommended in connection with True Detective season four, and so far, this really is TD S4 but good. The pacing is way quicker than I expected, too. Three episodes in we already have Gruff Local Detective, Slick Big-City Expert, Big Black Sex Cop, and Sofie Gråbøll investigating multiple homicides and missing person cases while butting heads over jurisdiction in this sleepy arctic town where nothing is supposed to happen. I'm not sure how they're going to drag this out to three seasons, though; at this rate, they'll have depopulated the town at the end of season one.

Fortitude rules. Keep dropping your thoughts itt. It's a wild ride.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Okay, the Gentlemen is actually not that bad. Not even loosely connected to the movie though.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I share a Max account with my parents and got a phone call today from my mom because she was seeing a bunch of random profiles and she thought the account was hacked. Turned out she somehow was logged in to someone else's account? Because logging off and logging back on fixed the issue. No idea how this could possibly have happened.

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023

Alhazred posted:

Okay, the Gentlemen is actually not that bad. Not even loosely connected to the movie though.

It is with the drug farm and the hot londoner woman who has a office above a boxing gym

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Neopets had that issue fairly recently, not a media company but it is a notoriously badly coded service. People were seeing the wrong bank and safety deposited boxes, not sure if they were able to take things away directly or not.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Stegosnaurlax posted:

It is with the drug farm and the hot londoner woman who has a office above a boxing gym

But they're totally different characters.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
[britishaccent]Girls5Eva[/britishaccent] finale didn't feel suuuuuper final, but it felt like an ending if that's all there is.

Some nice cameos, incl.Streamberry lol, though my biggest laugh came from the realisation that The Splingee is actually a fun looking dance, for one of those lovely 90s pop square dance numbers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023

Alhazred posted:

But they're totally different characters.

Two example of it being loosely connected. Not the same.