Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

zoux posted:

Collapse of the Soviet Union, 1991

Captain Hygiene posted:

Did I just watch someone dive? :ohdear:

Some good jokes last page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

FFT posted:

I mean, as long as they don't then immediately lock, I guess...

They don't, or at least they shouldn't.

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!
Also worth pointing out that these are "push" for people evacuating from the other side, the idea is to guide you to an exit as much as a firebreak. It's the same reason in commercial building stairwells you see swinging barriers on certain floors. The idea is you encounter it blindly on a stairwell, you know you are on a floor with an exit.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
https://i.imgur.com/ixC4TBR.mp4

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font

FFT posted:

I mean, as long as they don't then immediately lock, I guess...

Electricity to door magnets is cut when a fire alarm is activated so the doors would be completely on free access.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Air Skwirl posted:

Why on earth would you try and pet a coyote. If they're friendly enough to get that close there's a good chance they have rabies

Rabies and quicksand really did a number on our generation. I blame the fact that everyone read To Kill a Mockingbird and somehow the rabies fear stuck.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Air Skwirl posted:

Why on earth would you try and pet a coyote. If they're friendly enough to get that close there's a good chance they have rabies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lE-RGpcrn_w

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

wonder what his thought plan was

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Atticus_1354 posted:

Rabies and quicksand really did a number on our generation. I blame the fact that everyone read To Kill a Mockingbird and somehow the rabies fear stuck.

Don't forget Cujo

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

JPrime posted:

wonder what his thought plan was

Probably: "AHHHHHHHHHHHH FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!! blubblublub"

edit: that was actually pretty violent and I made a =O face when it hit

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Rule one is "jump through the wave, not over it."
Actually maybe rule one is "your first visit to the beach shouldn't be on a day when the breakers are three metres high"

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

She wanted to be FOB, but turns out she was FOB instead.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Tree Bucket posted:

Rule one is "jump through the wave, not over it."
Actually maybe rule one is "your first visit to the beach shouldn't be on a day when the breakers are three metres high"

That was a pretty brutal shore break though, just stood up out of nowhere

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Air Skwirl posted:

Why on earth would you try and pet a coyote. If they're friendly enough to get that close there's a good chance they have rabies.

It doesn't even look like he's trying to pet it, he's... offering his hand? What's he expecting the coyote to do?

A baffling course of action

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Sniff it, maybe lick it, and then submit to petting. Because dogs just do that naturally, they weren’t bred and adapted to do that in preference to their original instincts over thousands of years

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
It's probably starving. They only attack/get near people in that case

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Mark Twain wrote that coyote just like loving with people

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

gay picnic defence posted:

That was a pretty brutal shore break though, just stood up out of nowhere

Aw man. Now I'm imagining his friends all saying "come to the beach, it'll be great, you'll love it" and then he immediately gets pulverised.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

GotLag posted:

It doesn't even look like he's trying to pet it, he's... offering his hand? What's he expecting the coyote to do?

A baffling course of action

Even I, a person who has no pets or desire to have one, can recognize that its ears are back, and that is a sign of being NOT relaxed.

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

Both red sauce guy and bee man are complete works of art. Well done, thread!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Samovar posted:

Even I, a person who has no pets or desire to have one, can recognize that its ears are back, and that is a sign of being NOT relaxed.

Also coyotes are wild animals, not loving pets. Like people who are good with dogs and have experience can calm down a stray, but coyotes aren't strays or even feral dogs, they're wild animals.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Those chomps seemed pretty restrained, tbh.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Yeah I'm pretty sure that's a "I am frightened, please gently caress off" warning bite. If it wanted fingers, it would have gotten them.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Samovar posted:

Yeah it was being cautious. I'm guessing that tourists had been offering food and it thought she was doing the same, it tried to grab the food and whoops all fingers

Ironhead
Jan 19, 2005

Ironhead. Mmm.

When I lived in a lovely little cottage in Massachusetts, we had a big party problem with coy-dogs. Coyotes that had bred with local domestic dogs. The nice thing about coyotes and foxes is that they were relatively little. Coy Dogs were regular dog sized and hunted in packs. On more than one occasion I'd be under my truck truck trying to fix something and all of a sudden realize I was surrounded.

I took to taking a bag of microwave popcorn under my truck when I was working on it, and when I realized I was surrounded, I'd throw the popcorn away from me.

Maybe I just trained a bunch of feral dogs to come visit me, but they never bit me.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Those dogs don't sound coy at all

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Ironhead posted:

When I lived in a lovely little cottage in Massachusetts, we had a big party problem with coy-dogs. Coyotes that had bred with local domestic dogs. The nice thing about coyotes and foxes is that they were relatively little. Coy Dogs were regular dog sized and hunted in packs. On more than one occasion I'd be under my truck truck trying to fix something and all of a sudden realize I was surrounded.

I took to taking a bag of microwave popcorn under my truck when I was working on it, and when I realized I was surrounded, I'd throw the popcorn away from me.

Maybe I just trained a bunch of feral dogs to come visit me, but they never bit me.

You're a Disney princess lmao

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Yeah it was being cautious. I'm guessing that tourists had been offering food and it thought she was doing the same, it tried to grab the food and whoops all fingers

I bet it was this, the fact that it approached and the way the nip was so gentle. Tourists here have made a habit of feeding squirrels and if you chill in the common they’ll sidle up and try their luck. If you hold out your hand without food you might get nipped as they check you aren’t pizza.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Ashcans posted:

If you hold out your hand without food you might get nipped as they check you aren’t pizza.

Yeah, don't feed tourists.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

coyotes need love too

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

luchadornado posted:

coyotes need love too

And some pizza, as a treat

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

coyotes are at the top of the pantheon of badass American animals with road runners, armadillos, and horny toads

Tagra
Apr 7, 2006

If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

A coyote followed us over like 6 holes on a golf course (yes I play golf, schad on me) and it loving ran down and fetched my golf ball and took it off to the side and started gnawing on it. I kept the tooth-marked ball as a souvenir lol.

poo poo got real when our friend dropped his pitching wedge on the side of the green and the coyote tried to pick it up and run off with it like it was a stick, though.

It was clearly being fed by a lot of golfers and I think it had to be destroyed by conservation officers :(

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Ironhead posted:

Sounds more like the chill dogs trained you.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Tagra posted:

It was clearly being fed by a lot of golfers and I think it had to be destroyed by conservation officers :(

Golfers should also be destroyed by conservation officers.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

GrandpaPants posted:

Golfers should also be destroyed by conservation officers.

:golfclap:

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Air Skwirl posted:

Also coyotes are wild animals, not loving pets. Like people who are good with dogs and have experience can calm down a stray, but coyotes aren't strays or even feral dogs, they're wild animals.

Additionally: I don't care how much you love your dog, they are not loving pets. Don't do that.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Additionally: I don't care how much you love your dog, they are not loving pets. Don't do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

:shepface: