Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

MacheteZombie posted:

If we're up to remaking 90s horror/action let's get Spawn up and going

Only if they get Legizamo for violator again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

MacheteZombie posted:

Yes, loving please.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

MacheteZombie posted:

The reboot/remake has been in development hell for a quarter century now

The latest developments:

quote:

In July 2017, Blumhouse Productions confirmed their involvement with the film, while announcing that McFarlane had also signed on to direct the project. The movie was expected to begin production by February 2018. In May 2018, it was announced that Jamie Foxx would portray the titular character. In July 2018, it was reported that Jeremy Renner would be starring alongside Foxx as Detective Twitch. On October 25, 2018, the filming start date was delayed to June 2019. The film ended up missing its start date. In November 2019, the film restarted development due to the financial success of the R-rated comic book film Joker. In December 2019, McFarlane hired an additional writer to help polish the script, before presenting it to a major Hollywood studio. In March 2020, McFarlane stated Spawn will go into production sometime in 2020 with the intention for him to direct and Jamie Foxx still attached for the lead role. In May 2020, producer Jason Blum stated that "There has been an enormous amount of activity on Spawn......But, suffice to say, it is a very active development." In August 2021, it was revealed that Broken City screenwriter Brian Tucker had been hired to rewrite McFarlane's screenplay. In October 2022, Scott Silver, Malcolm Spellman, and Matthew Mixon had been hired to rewrite the screenplay.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spawn_(1997_film)#Unproduced_sequel_and_reboot

LOL that the chucked everything in the bin and started over again because Joker did so well with an R-rating

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djSKp_pwmOA

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Is Hot Topic still around? If not, they're missing out.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Hot Topic is thriving

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

MacheteZombie posted:

Hot Topic is thriving

Ah, I haven't been in a mall in a really long time, good for them. If they're at all like they used to be, this is the perfect movie for them.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Hot Topic is now anime and disney.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Vintersorg posted:

Oh, then never mind.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Can't beat the king.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5uPZ7ocsqA

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
Abashed the Reboot stood and felt how awful goodness is.

Theatergoers: "Victims, aren't we all?"

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

This looks good and it will be

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem

Vintersorg posted:

Hey now I’m goth and still get quite a few classic gothy wardrobe staples from hot topic occasionally.
…you just have to walk past the Disney stuff to the back of the store.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Seems pretty cursed to remake the movie where the lead actor got shot and died, but they're doing it anyway

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
Well they wished on a monkey paw that the tragedy wouldn’t recur and that’s how Alec Baldwin found himself in this situation.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Rageaholic posted:

Seems pretty cursed to remake the movie where the lead actor got shot and died, but they're doing it anyway

It didn't stop them making progressively shittier sequels

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

They saved money by not giving Edward Furlong any makeup

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Hot Topic is for Disney, Harry Potter, and Funko Pops. Oh there might be a couple band tees in the back. They've branded themselves as the "pop-culture merch store"

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
I wish we could go back to the good old days when they still sold Foamy the Squirrel t-shirts.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Rageaholic posted:

It’s not.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Rageaholic posted:

I think the movie looks bad, but not because of this.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I remember with the second Crow thinking it couldn't be good and a friend seeing it and was like yeah this douche is like saying nursery rhymes as he's killing people.

I don't know if that actually happened but it was enough for me to say no thanks, we got a perfect movie and I don't need more Crow

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Oh poo poo, I definitely want to see this in theaters. This looks loving awesome.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

lmao that Bill is sporting The Edgar

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem

Hmm they couldn’t give him cool metalhead hair?? And why does the music suck?
That said it does look spectacularly violent and I’ll still watch it.

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:
i feel like the crow loses something if it goes from something mundane like 'a random murder' or 'murdered over being evicted' to 'murdered because they saw some supernatural bullshit'

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

There's some talk about this being an example of films (or at least trailers) being shot with all the key moments framed so that they work in tiktok vertical clips.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Man how much brain rot does someone have to believe that centered framed shots are made for tik tok

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

CelticPredator posted:

Man how much brain rot does someone have to believe that centered framed shots are made for tik tok

It does happen. Quibi infamously required their cinematographers to frame shots in a way that cou,d work in both vertical and horizontal.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

All those tick tock ready Kubrick shots.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Bugblatter posted:

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Bugblatter posted:

Didn’t Kubrick frame everything so it would look good for both theatrical and on television?

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

…no? A lot of his films weren’t even shown on TV for decades after release.

The idea that Kubrick heavily used center framing for his 70mm, no compromises, theatrical epic 2001 because it would eventually be shown on NBC ten years later sure is something.

Bugblatter fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Mar 16, 2024

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

AceOfFlames posted:

It does happen. Quibi infamously required their cinematographers to frame shots in a way that cou,d work in both vertical and horizontal.

I mean Quibi was creating original content specifically for mobile consumption so that makes sense?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Bugblatter posted:

The idea that Kubrick heavily used center framing for his 70mm, no compromises, theatrical epic 2001 because it would eventually be shown on NBC ten years later sure is something.

Kubrick used the ratio that best suited what he wanted to do. 2001 is widescreen because it is epic. The Shining was shot for Academy ratio but protected for cinema ratio (1.85:1) because it's meant to feel claustrophobic.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

ruddiger posted:

Didn’t Kubrick frame everything so it would look good for both theatrical and on television?

Yes!

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Dude needs a better agent, this looks dreadful.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Bugblatter posted:

Kubrick didn't use symmetrical composition in 2001 because it would look better on TV, but it did get shown on TV within the next few years and the edits TV studios made to it (in one case they showed it letterboxed, but in the black space they put a fake starfield lol) pissed him off so much that he shot his last three movies with protection for both TV and cinema format. Those three movies look good in both aspect ratios, but he did do it very specifically because he wanted control over how they would look on TV and home video.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Bugblatter posted:

I remember George Miller (or maybe it was the DP) said he put most of the action in Mad Max: Fury Road in the center of the frame because they had so many cuts, more than usual, that he wanted the viewer to always be focused on the center as an easy way to not get lost. You didn't need 3 or 4 frames to figure out where to look. Once it was pointed out, I loved that movie even more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

AceOfFlames posted:

Didn't it come out that they didn't actually tell a lot of their productions about that until it came to the edit?