Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!

Skeezy posted:

Suzi is getting one and her vids are cool. Good for her.

honestly, good for her. she is the biggest Capcom fan maybe ever, and I'm definitely going to be running around with her in the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Every year she is going to find a way for you to hang out with her in a videogame

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
there are definitely worse people to hang out with in a video game, so I can't be mad at that

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

7c Nickel posted:

On the flip side, WoolieVs is getting a pawn. Good for him. Good for him.

It's wild he's never played the first one considering what a big DMC fan he is. I guess he's a Capcom partner or whatever it's called?

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Anyone know of a good database of characters already created with slider numbers? I am uncreative as all hell and need some good ideas.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

What controller should i pick up that is button name compatible? I have a switch pro controller that i like well enough but the x y a b not matching drives me nuts

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I will never use some YouTube pawn and instead will be throwing any I see over a cliff

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

RBA Starblade posted:

I will never use some YouTube pawn and instead will be throwing any I see over a cliff

:haibrow:

Not playing DD2 to watch epic reaction videos

Cliffbound

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Captain Foo posted:

What controller should i pick up that is button name compatible? I have a switch pro controller that i like well enough but the x y a b not matching drives me nuts

The character creator actually has a setting for choosing your preferred button prompts, including the Nintendo layout. I am assuming that will carry over to the game.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

RBA Starblade posted:

Correct

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

Jack Trades posted:

Oh loving hell, Capcom is giving Asmongold an official pawn spot.

mad?

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

RBA Starblade posted:

I would 100% use Infinite Cringe's pawn Chonk Lord. Thanks about it.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

Captain Foo posted:

The best controller right now is the 8bitdo ultimate 2.4ghz. It has Nintendo buttons, but I'm pretty sure it's fairly easy to open up and swap the buttons around if you want it. Not that you need to for DD2, because as mentioned the game lets you select which platform's prompts you want.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

K8.0 posted:

The best controller right now is the 8bitdo ultimate 2.4ghz. It has Nintendo buttons, but I'm pretty sure it's fairly easy to open up and swap the buttons around if you want it. Not that you need to for DD2, because as mentioned the game lets you select which platform's prompts you want.

Just want to confirm that it's seriously the best controller available now and the price is very reasonable.

Kevin Bacon
Sep 22, 2010

they should give the mcelroy monster factory an official pawn

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

I'll 3rd the 8bitdo controller. They are great and I have two of them(Bluetooth and 2.4ghz version. The battery lasts forever too.

Xbox controller is good too but more expensive. Switch Pro controller is super nice as well but expensive. Pretty sure PS5 controllers work with PC pretty easily too. But again more expensive than an 8bitdo option.

Edit: I would just use your switch Pro controller and just deal with wrong button prompts lol. The Switch Pro controller is really nice

Malaria fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Mar 16, 2024

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

thanks for the recs. I'll also probably see how m+k actually works since that's how i generally prefer to play and played what i did of DD1 with it

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I believe the game has a warning that playing with a controller is strongly recommended, so mouse and keyboard will probably be not very fun. Do whatever you wish of course

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

if you're primarily going to play the bow classes I could imagine mouse and keyboard might be good for that. everything else I'd probably expect controller to be the way to go

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Jack Trades posted:

Oh loving hell, Capcom is giving Asmongold an official pawn spot.

Youtube constantly shoves this mediocrity's ugly face at me whenever I search for a game, now Capcom is getting in on the act. Wonderful.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
I hate streamers and content creators, I'm sick of seeing their stupid overexaggerated faces spamming my youtube feed, and I will do nothing but throw those obnoxious assholes off the nearest cliff at every opportunity.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Sea Lily posted:

if you're primarily going to play the bow classes I could imagine mouse and keyboard might be good for that. everything else I'd probably expect controller to be the way to go

i played DD:DA on PC only using mouse and keyboard. could play any class just fine but archer and melee were more fun than mage using kb&m

i'm expecting DD2 to be a similar but better experience with the new engine

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Same, I've never owned a controller, so I played the first game with keyboard and mouse.

I thought the moment-to-moment gameplay was fine, but they make you use random keys to navigate menus, instead of just letting you use the mouse. Disappointingly, judging from the character creator, that doesn't seem to have changed.

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

Alright, Dragon of Dojima is ready for Dragon's Dogma. Now I have to spend 5 days making a Pawn, I guess.

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Now I want him as a pawn voice so he can call every goblin a hooplehead.

"It bears the head of a cocksucker!"

edit: lol that was 5 pages ago

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Big Bidness posted:

Alright, Dragon of Dojima is ready for Dragon's Dogma. Now I have to spend 5 days making a Pawn, I guess.

Absolutely not. Spend some time with the tattoos and come back. Make sure to play around with the tiling system.

:edit: Actually maybe you already did. I forgot that Kiryu's tattoos don't show at all from the front.

7c Nickel fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Mar 16, 2024

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Youtube constantly shoves this mediocrity's ugly face at me whenever I search for a game, now Capcom is getting in on the act. Wonderful.

I wish I could figure out what the formula is for being a gross nerd who is also a dick head and turning that into becoming a millionaire influencer. It seems like a much more palatable grift than the right wing chud podcast ecosystem and I'm already disgusting and unlikeable anyway

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

NeurosisHead posted:

I wish I could figure out what the formula is for being a gross nerd who is also a dick head and turning that into becoming a millionaire influencer. It seems like a much more palatable grift than the right wing chud podcast ecosystem and I'm already disgusting and unlikeable anyway

Be crappy and racist but not crappy and racist enough to get in trouble

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

When your gums start bleeding from never brushing your teeth, make sure to wipe the blood on the wall so your audience can see it and relate to you.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
still makes me gag

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Are there any streamers being sponsored by eliquis yet?

It's gonna happen

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

I just use the blocktube extension. Haven't seen any of that losers videos in years.

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual
Did DD1 have something like new game plus? I remember it had a significant post game, but could you replay the campaign with the same character?

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

George Sex - REAL posted:

Did DD1 have something like new game plus? I remember it had a significant post game, but could you replay the campaign with the same character?

Yes, you could restart and keep all your stuff. Which also included a cool surprise in offline mode when you re-fight the Seneschal.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Itsuno won't let me play a lil' goblin so I'm going to have to play a 5'2"...hobgoblin? Megagoblin? Star player of the goblin basketball team?

Can't decide if I want improved Lae'zel or a very large orc friend to tag along. Lae'zel will probably get me significantly more RC but I like the idea of semi-small gobbo + giant orc traveling the world to see if all roads still lead to Gran Soren.

Vargs fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Mar 19, 2024

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

Jack Trades posted:

When your gums start bleeding from never brushing your teeth, make sure to wipe the blood on the wall so your audience can see it and relate to you.

"It bothers me a lot that people keep bringing up the dead rat and blood on the wall"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Big Bidness posted:

Goddamn, that's pretty good!

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

ernest borgnine warrior

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

ajkalan posted:

Yes, you could restart and keep all your stuff. Which also included a cool surprise in offline mode when you re-fight the Seneschal.

What was it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Jack Trades posted:

What was it?

https://dragonsdogma.fandom.com/wiki/Seneschal

Check the New Game + section.