Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Jonny 290 posted:

tbh i just got my hackles up cause i thought you were calling me a boomer haha

not quiiiiite there

haha no, im not gonna call anyone a boomer unless its funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mystes
May 31, 2006

if you don't think boomer means "anyone over 20" you're a boomer unfortunately

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

mystes posted:

saying "ok boomer" to a younger sibling is funny as hell, saying it twice is not

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

mystes posted:

im 14/f/cali, theory destroyed

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Jonny 290 posted:

im 14/f/cali

shudder

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

willennial

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

im 14/f/cali, theory destroyed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izCCusOznpU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

yall guys

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

I am telling all of you all: it is sabotage.

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

Elder Postsman posted:

i saw nickelback live once. in 2001 everclear came to my hometown. we didn't get concerts, like, ever so i went with some friends. nickelback opened for them and no one knew who they were.

pages back but goddamn what a cursed concert. i've lived in concert-starved places and i'd have to be like, "go to this or you'll die" levels of persuaded to see nickleback and loving everclear.

in thread-related news i have a ct scan of my pancreas on monday cuz it might be hosed up! hooray!

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
good luck with the scan!

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

Feisty-Cadaver posted:

pages back but goddamn what a cursed concert. i've lived in concert-starved places and i'd have to be like, "go to this or you'll die" levels of persuaded to see nickleback and loving everclear.

in thread-related news i have a ct scan of my pancreas on monday cuz it might be hosed up! hooray!

Metallica would be playing like 100 miles away and the radio would be advertising that poo poo for months. I remember once we tried to see Gwar on the other side of the state and it was like Detroit Rock City trying to get there but with no happy ending where we actually saw Gwar.

Well tis better to shoot for Gwar and fail than shoot for Kiss and succeed.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

i also grew up in a concert starved city and my first real show was when i was 18 and off to college. it was slipknot lol

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
first big concert i went to was the rolling stones opened by nickelback

kinda surprised they did two whole shows in nz, tbh

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
my first concert was stone temple pilots with cheap trick opening. scott weiland got mad at someone flipping him off in the audience after he asked people to not throw water bottles on stage. he lost his poo poo yelling at him that he was going to literally gently caress him back stage. one of the last things he said before being dragged off stage by band mates to chill for a minute (or shoot up) was “my dick your rear end back stage now!”

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Mr. Nice! posted:

my first concert was stone temple pilots with cheap trick opening. scott weiland got mad at someone flipping him off in the audience after he asked people to not throw water bottles on stage. he lost his poo poo yelling at him that he was going to literally gently caress him back stage. one of the last things he said before being dragged off stage by band mates to chill for a minute (or shoot up) was “my dick your rear end back stage now!”

“don’t gotta threaten me with a good time :smug:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
it was definitely an eye opening experience for 13 year old mr nice.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

y’all is correct, yall is weird

my credentials are: from new england :smugmrgw:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Captain Foo posted:

y’all is correct, yall is weird

my credentials are: from new england :smugmrgw:

lmao if you got time for punctuation when posting

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Feisty-Cadaver posted:

good luck on the scan. don’t follow steve jobs’ example when dealing with pancreatic issues

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Carthag Tuek posted:

lmao if you got time for punctuation when posting

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

Branch Nvidian posted:

good luck on the scan. don’t follow steve jobs’ example when dealing with pancreatic issues

it's prolly nothing and I don't even really like fruit that much (except late summer peaches cuz good goddamn those are great) so I should be ok-ish

Cold on a Cob posted:

good luck with the scan!

ty :)

I remember a handful of years ago on a visit to my folks my dad asked me "so do you have any middle-aged people problems yet?" (he's a retired family doc so familiar w/ all that stuff) and at the time I felt great but now my body has gone into hope you like the doctor's office mode

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

ya good luck m8

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

wtf i just lost an hour somehow. i was like nice, 15:40 still an hour to go before i need to leave. time for posting! then my friend texted and is like "got some beers, you close yet?" and wait, what?

luckily its not far but where did that hour go is what i want to know

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Carthag Tuek posted:

wtf i just lost an hour somehow. i was like nice, 15:40 still an hour to go before i need to leave. time for posting! then my friend texted and is like "got some beers, you close yet?" and wait, what?

Same place your missing socks go, friend

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

polyester concept posted:

i also grew up in a concert starved city and my first real show was when i was 18 and off to college. it was slipknot lol

I saw Slipknot and it was a fantastic show.

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Feisty-Cadaver posted:

yeah it wasn't great but it was something. i'd only been to one other concert in my life by that time, and we had to drive 9 hours to get to it.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Carthag Tuek posted:

actually you lost a whole week and the extra hour was just daylight savings time

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Carthag Tuek posted:

aliens got ur rear end

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello
first "big" concert that came anywhere near me was joan jett opening for def leppard, it was so cool

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
Shout out to Dublin Ohio for bringing Floggy Molly to the Irish Festival without knowing what they were getting in to.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

I think I went to that festival in Dublin, OH in 2008. That year they had Rick Springfield. He was old.

I am truely sorry for you lots for living in the greater Columbus area.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

CGS: Still old.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Watching DVDs at home on a Saturday night. Thinking about having a pint of cordial.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

i extremely look forward to getting home on a saturday before 9pm and being in bed by 10 so I can get a good sleep and cut down a tree in the morning

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

tk posted:

Shout out to Dublin Ohio for bringing Floggy Molly to the Irish Festival without knowing what they were getting in to.

flogginh moll was fun to see live imo

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

mediaphage posted:

the age thing is funny but like those singers are also still older than most people here i think, like weren't they all born in the 70s

I’m lost and confused, I thought this was the old folks thread

RICKON WALNUTSBANE
Jun 13, 2001

Mr. Nice! posted:

al gore's wife was one of the big spearheads of modern music censorship in the mid 80s while he was a senator. back when dee snyder was cool he ripped into him during a senate hearing in a thoughtful and eloquent way. do not look up what dee snyder is in to in 2024 trump

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0Vyr1TylTE

unless something has changed (entirely possible) no, Dee Snider is a comrade

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment...-224631846.html

Only registered members can see post attachments!

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

RICKON WALNUTSBANE posted:

unless something has changed (entirely possible) no, Dee Snider is a comrade

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment...-224631846.html

:blessed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Carthag Tuek posted:

no its just a thing we did back then, translating the words directly to danish so it sounds funnier. like literally sugar, and literally a baby child.

when I lived in the Netherlands I swear there was a radio station that just played Dutch language covers of pop songs

Zo zeg me wat je wilt, wat je echt, echt wilt
Ik zal je zeggen wat ik wil, wat ik echt, echt wil