Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

haddedam posted:

It's so they appear legitimate and western companies.and countries can have relations with them and not commit marketing suicide.

It works, even today people are angry an brutal, genocidal dictatorial regime that tortured and killed tons of people every day and invaded random countries for no reason got put down behind the barn. And now iraq is one of the few decent countries in middle east.

There's also a psychological component to it. If Putin stopped elections, then its very clearly the people vs the power. If there are :airquote: elections :airquote: and he wins overwhelmingly, but not 100% of the vote, you're pretty sure your neighbor, drinking buddy, and spouse are on the same page as you... but what about all the other people you need to launch a revolution?

Flyinglemur posted:

Badge of courage, I tell ya hwat

I genuinely wish I had a HilDawg avatar :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Further, oh you want democracy in Russia? Well we have elections. Don't like them? Well those are how elections work. Think America has it better - WRONG, their democracy is just like ours, here's "TRUMP!" to confirm its rigged and stollen

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
How come we never did anything about them manipulating our elections? If we got 9/11 2 nobody would even care, we'd skip straight to the forget step.

Splorange
Feb 23, 2011

Dapper_Swindler posted:

why go through all this poo poo. like i dont get why putin puts up the charade, no one believes it, even the chuds. like he wants to be magic tsar, just have his KGBpriest ordain him already. its not like the people will rise up. they are either perfectly fine with whatever backwards stupid alt history great game horseshit explanation putin throws out in his copeium follies or fine getting discount day passes to Loo-loo land as recompense for their son/father/brother getting blow apart in some drone ambush that is probably piloted by some 20 something who playes helldivers 2.

Look at this human understander, next you'll be crying about how nothing improved in russia when Putin died.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Big weekend of ship and airframe and cracking tower losses coming up. I can feel it. Maybe Ukraine will start going after the russian stock of locomotives as well and whatever remains of their domestic chip making facilities.

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

shadow puppet of a posted:

domestic chip making facilities.

big lmao if they get bombed even further into dilapidated history than 90nm.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

There are still a lot of Hildawgs in here.

It was such a weird experience tbh. :stare:

edit:

tiaz posted:

big lmao if they get bombed even further into dilapidated history than 90nm.

Given enough time they will be back to using IC 741 Op Amps for everything.

Just Another Lurker fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Mar 16, 2024

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

shadow puppet of a posted:

Big weekend of ship and airframe and cracking tower losses coming up. I can feel it. Maybe Ukraine will start going after the russian stock of locomotives as well and whatever remains of their domestic chip making facilities.

They did okay in the soviet era for a while but then Brezhnev noticed there were a lot of jews working on semiconductors, purged them all, and set back their chipmaking industry by a decade

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

getting blow apart in some drone ambush that is probably piloted by some 20 something who playes helldivers 2.

Tired of killing people on the work screen, gonna go home and kill people on the fun screen

Modern war is loving weird and horrifying in exciting new ways :(

Putin is a huge piece of poo poo who drinks horse spunk.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

grumplestiltzkin posted:

Tired of killing people on the work screen, gonna go home and kill people on the fun screen

Modern war is loving weird and horrifying in exciting new ways :(

Putin is a huge piece of poo poo who drinks horse spunk.

Actually he has horse jizz put into him intravenously.

Splorange posted:

Look at this human understander, next you'll be crying about how nothing improved in russia when Putin died.

I mean i think Russia is hosed in general with or without putin.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Splorange posted:

Oh something will improve.

Prick won't be stealing my oxygen, for one.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Victis posted:

edit: doesn’t the US use those Switchblade loitering munitions? Not everything can be JDAMned

not with that attitude

let’s give Ukraine JDAMs until they run out of things that can be JDAMed and see what they come up with

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

why go through all this poo poo. like i dont get why putin puts up the charade, no one believes it, even the chuds.
It gives the veneer of legitimacy. Also while the Kremlin might publicly lie about the results they probably use the actual non-public results to judge how popular Putin is within society. If for example Putin gets 55% of the actual vote he might not do a fullscale mobilization, but if his results were north of 80% he might push that through asap.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

haddedam posted:

It works, even today people are angry an brutal, genocidal dictatorial regime that tortured and killed tons of people every day and invaded random countries for no reason got put down behind the barn. And now iraq is one of the few decent countries in middle east.

Uh

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

TheBuilder posted:

Slavic language, poorly shot phone video, exploding infrastructure - its becoming as familiar and endearing as the opening to Family Matters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzefyf-Fy6w&t=15s

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Mohammed Shia Al Sudani is actually doing a great job fwiw I guess

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

The disappearing ink is new to me and has my tinfoil hat sparking.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/bayraktar_1love/status/1768873365836599576
mein Monke.....

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Maybe next time Putin will think before pissing off the drones

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QX68_FZl8UE

"They can fire as many commanders as they like, but it's not going to solve the absolutely disastrous situation that the Black Sea Fleet is in. Because it is not a human problem. It is a technical problem. There is nothing that the Russians can do to improve the situation, and they are going to continue losing ships."

You love to hear it.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

they could just leave. that would solve everything

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

:hmmyes:

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

TrashMammal posted:

they could just leave. that would solve everything

War bad?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

beer_war posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QX68_FZl8UE

"They can fire as many commanders as they like, but it's not going to solve the absolutely disastrous situation that the Black Sea Fleet is in. Because it is not a human problem. It is a technical problem. There is nothing that the Russians can do to improve the situation, and they are going to continue losing ships."

You love to hear it.

They can scuttle their fleet, that technically doesn't count as a loss to enemy action.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/russiandefpolic/status/1768646859868737871?s=20

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I wonder if crippling the generation of reproductive age people will help in alleviating the looming demographic crisis :thunk:

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost

steinrokkan posted:

I wonder if crippling the generation of reproductive age people will help in alleviating the looming demographic crisis :thunk:

"Looming"? Hasn't this demographic crisis been looming already since... well, it started actualising unto reality in 1991, so it must have been looming at least since 1991?

Ah you probably meant that the crisis will move from the "lol" stage to the "lmao" stage in the near future

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

jaete posted:

"Looming"? Hasn't this demographic crisis been looming already since... well, it started actualising unto reality in 1991, so it must have been looming at least since 1991?

Ah you probably meant that the crisis will move from the "lol" stage to the "lmao" stage in the near future

Yeah, iirc currently Russia is burning through its last large age cohort, the really funny things will start happening as the next much smaller cohorts come of age.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1768913596354847039

:qq:

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1768922575210471601
:qq: :qq: :qq:

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

New report by the UNHCR:

quote:

38. The Commission has concluded that Russian armed forces committed an
indiscriminate attack affecting a functional clinic in Dnipro city, in violation of international
humanitarian law, under which, as a medical clinic, it also has special protection.

[...]

44. The Commission has found that the Russian armed forces committed indiscriminate
attacks affecting several buildings and the Transfiguration Cathedral in Odesa city, which are
all located within the historic centre. An aggravating feature is that these attacks hit cultural
objects that have special protection under international humanitarian law.

[...]

46. The Commission has previously found that the repeated waves of attacks on energy
infrastructure, starting in October 2022, were systematic, widespread, and part of a policy,
citing amongst others, statements by the Russian Federation’s highest authorities, and hence
that they may amount to a crime against humanity.
The Commission is not in a position at
this point to reach this conclusion but encourages further investigation to determine the
accumulated impact on the civilian population of these attacks, and to what extent the policy
was directed against the civilian population.

- Indiscriminate atacks

quote:

63. Victims’ accounts disclose relentless, brutal treatment inflicting severe pain and
suffering for almost the entire duration of their detention, with blatant disregard for human
dignity, leading to long-lasting physical and mental trauma. One Ukrainian soldier, who was
detained and tortured by Russian authorities in several detention facilities, recounted his
experience in Correctional Colony No. 1 in Donskoy town. In his words, FSIN personnel
beat him on the way to and from interrogation, which broke his collarbone. They forced him
to do repeated jumps regardless of a surgery to his foot. He developed gangrene. They beat
him on his buttocks in the isolation ward, causing bleeding from his anus. In the yard, they
beat him on his face and injured foot, leading to bleeding. They knocked out some of his
teeth. He begged them to kill him. Another time, they beat him until he could not feel his feet
and was unable to stand. He was bleeding. “I lost any hope and will to live”, he said, and
attempted suicide in his cell using his uniform. Perpetrators found him and beat him until he
had a broken tailbone and toe and was bleeding. He was also tortured with electric shocks
for two weeks. After release, he had undergone 36 hospitalizations as of January 2024.

64. In most facilities, the prisoners of war underwent a brutal “admission procedure”, with
beatings and electric shocks. One victim recalled being greeted with “Welcome to hell”.
Torture occurred during interrogation sessions, where detainees were questioned about the
Ukrainian armed forces and their military units. Torture was also employed to intimidate and
punish. Victims reported torture “everywhere”: cells, corridors, courtyard, bathhouse. A
perpetrator told a victim: “We will now teach you how to fight against the Russians.” Another
victim heard a prison guard stating: “Our goal is that you never return to war.”
According
to detainees, particularly harsh treatment was inflicted on prisoners of war from Mariupol
city or western Ukraine; those who were not fluent in Russian; and when Russian armed
forces lost control of areas in Ukraine.

65. Methods of torture used recurrently included severe and repeated beatings with
various instruments on different parts of the body. One victim recounted that during beatings,
perpetrators said: “when will you finally die?”. Electric shocks using various tools were
administered on various parts of the body, including when detainees went to the bathhouse
and were wet. Another victim stated that he was in shock, as was every other fellow prisoner
of war: “It was barbaric. It was unbearably painful. I was almost all the time on the floor, as
my wounds were bleeding, but those animals were laughing and ordering me to stand up.”

[...]

79. The consistency of the evidence regarding the torture of both civilians and prisoners
of war, throughout its reports, as well as the common elements observed in the documented
cases, show the systematic nature of the practice. Practices and techniques used across
different detention centres – including commonly used names for certain torture methods and
devices – all of which are designed to cause immense pain and degradation, are routinely
applied to detainees. Their use in several provinces of Ukraine and of the Russian Federation,
mainly in various detention facilities, demonstrates the widespread nature of the torture.

- Torture of POWs and civilians

quote:

88. In March 2022, in a village of Kyiv province, two Russian soldiers broke into a house
and took turns repeatedly raping a 42-year-old three-month pregnant woman and the 17-year-old
girlfriend of her son.
They used weapons to threaten the victims and their family members.
The soldiers subsequently returned with the woman’s son, ordered all three to a
room, again took turns raping the woman and the girl, while forcing the young man to witness
the rapes.
They fired two shots near his head. Perpetrators later took the three victims to an
empty house, threatened the young man with a knife, and again raped the woman and the
girl.

89. In April 2022, in a village of Kherson province, a Russian armed forces officer came
to a house, searched it, grabbed a 15-year-old girl who lived there, stated that he needed to
interrogate her, and ordered her to accompany him. He drove her to an abandoned shop,
forced her to undress and drink alcohol, punched her in the face, and raped her.

90. In September 2022, in another village of Kherson province, three Russian soldiers
came to the house of a married couple, looking for a 54-year-old woman who lived there, and
directed her to follow them to a house which they used as their base. There, one soldier told
her: “We will make sure to show you what happens to the nazis and Ukrainian armed forces’
fans like you.” They beat her and administered electric shocks. Then two of the soldiers raped
her in turns. According to the victim, this lasted for hours.

91. In October 2022, in a city in Zaporizhzhia province, Russian authorities searched the
house of a 50-year-old woman, whose husband served in the Ukrainian armed forces. They
confined her in a police station, invoking her pro-Ukrainian position and her husband’s role.
During interrogation, they asked her to provide information, beat her, strangled her with a
wire and a plastic bag over her head, undressed her fully, touched her and threatened to rape
her.
The victim stated that she was “shivering with shame”. After being transferred to a
detention facility in a different village, she was interrogated by the head of the police
department. He ordered her to undress, beat her, then raped her with a stick and threatened
to kill her.
In January 2023, Russian authorities transferred her to a checkpoint and subjected
her to forced labour – digging trenches. Here again, according to the victim, two Russian
soldiers, took her to another house and raped her at least five times.

- Rape

quote:

97. The Commission has previously expressed concerns about allegations of genocide in
Ukraine. Its investigations are an ongoing process. It has examined allegations that raise
issues under the Genocide Convention, in particular whether the rhetoric transmitted in
Russian state and other media constitutes direct and public incitement to commit genocide.
The Commission has reviewed many public statements using dehumanizing language and
calls for hate, violence, and destruction. It is concerned with statements by individuals
supporting the Russian full-scale invasion of Ukraine calling for the killing of a large number
of persons. The Commission recommends continued investigations into this important matter
and underlines the responsibility of States to prevent such utterances.

- Incitement to genocide

The reports concludes that Putin is a real piece of poo poo.

https://reliefweb.int/report/ukraine/report-independent-international-commission-inquiry-ukraine-ahrc5566-advance-unedited-version-enruuk

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Lukashkenka is rubbing his hands greedily. Belarusian refinaries are not targeted and are not likely to be.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

I'm sure the UN will get right on it

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Sekenr posted:

Lukashkenka is rubbing his hands greedily. Belarusian refinaries are not targeted and are not likely to be.

Luka ain't getting paid for his oil

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Tai posted:

Luka ain't getting paid for his oil

He doesn't have oil, he refines russian oil. And trust me he will get whatever is humanly possible out of it, being putin's leech is his whole livelyhood

PC LOAD LETTER
May 23, 2005
WTF?!
Isn't Luka Putin's puppetman (because he is a corrupt dumbass who didn't want to give up power) and his country de facto controlled by Russians at this point?

From what little I've read about Belarus it probably would've been annexed already if Putin hadn't bitten off more than he could chew in Ukraine.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Putin keeps him in power with force to back him up. Luka is not popular at all. Putin/Luka had to badly fudge the election results and Luka needed Putins cops post result.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
just makes me wonder if we ever reach a point where the leeches wonder if it ain't worth it anymore

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

I am a Belarusian living in Minsk. Our revolt was put down with brutality literally unseen here since WW2. There was never previously such violence on the streets and in their torture pits for all the soviet decades and lukashenko decades. I don't think russians were involved but putin officially offered help, to send his national guard if luka asks.

As for their relationship Lukashenko is definately in a vassal position but its a position he hates and nothing is ever free of charge between the two. They are two huge murderous assholes locked in a relationship which both of them don't like. I don't know for sure what it cost him to not get fully involved in this war but he will exploit this refinery edge as far as ghoulishly possible. Besause he is a ghoul.

haddedam
Feb 19, 2024

by Fluffdaddy

beer_war posted:

New report by the UNHCR:

- Indiscriminate atacks

- Torture of POWs and civilians

- Rape

- Incitement to genocide

The reports concludes that Putin is a real piece of poo poo.

https://reliefweb.int/report/ukraine/report-independent-international-commission-inquiry-ukraine-ahrc5566-advance-unedited-version-enruuk
Suddenly the "fake" leaks from wagner discord, mobiks telegram and other such where they are instructed to kill, torture, rape and steal don't seem so fake anymore.
But this is nothing new and is a core part of russian military culture.

haddedam fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Mar 16, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Putin is a real piece of poo poo.