Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crust First
May 1, 2013

Wrong lads.

Neito posted:

Are they really? Christ, they'll form a cult about anything, won't they?

From the satoshi's vision bitcoin fork subreddit earlier in the trial:

quote:

zizou1983 3 points

Trolls are coming out hard against this sub. Definitely looking more and more like panic to me.

quote:

BSV101 3 points

yes, they are so scared.
They do not know that Craig is a white hat hacker. It is not surprised to me he hijacked the std lib using custom namespace, many hackers used this way to inject malicious code into a software.

also

quote:

BSV101 3 points

UK Judge: Do you all agree that Craig can code and do the impossible in C++?
COPA C++ Expert Witness: Yes, my Lord.
LOL, Cope harder, Craig's haters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
gosh, there are really craig wright fans in this world. that's legitimately shocking

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

drk posted:

lol, SBF's google doc of "bad ideas" to respond to the failure of FTX was posted by the DOJ:

most of these are boring like blaming lawyers, but I for one wish that he had gone full MAGA on tucker

everyone is focusing on Michael Lewis when the even funnier Matt Levine strategy is right there

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Crust First posted:

also

smh nobody even considering the evidence he's a future-man sent back in time to save us all from some fiat-currency-based apocalypse

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I know three things about Satoshi:
1. He is not Japanese.
2. He is autistic.
3. He is dead.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!

Crust First posted:

also
I didn’t even know this sort of poo poo stanning is going on. This reads like the poo poo second graders brag to each other about on public transport. The gently caress is wrong with this world?

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Combat Pretzel posted:

I didn’t even know this sort of poo poo stanning is going on. This reads like the poo poo second graders brag to each other about on public transport. The gently caress is wrong with this world?

These are the same people giving Ben Shapiro, Jordan Peterson and Andrew Tate an audience. They loving love holding up figureheads and holy men and will cling to everything they say without question.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
They don't call him Craig Wrong for a reason. The reason is it's not his legal name.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Crust First posted:

quote:

BSV101 3 points

yes, they are so scared.
They do not know that Craig is a white hat hacker. It is not surprised to me he hijacked the std lib using custom namespace, many hackers used this way to inject malicious code into a software.

This is hilarious. There's nothing stopping you as a C++ programmer from adding custom poo poo to namespace std, it's not "hacking" or "hijacking" or "injection" it's just a really pointless and stupid idea. Like boost::tr1 implemented a lot of poo poo that ended up in later versions of the STL, but you'd never put that poo poo in namespace std unless it was actually part of the standard. Shockingly, it seems like this redditor who's obsessed with one particular Bitcoin idiot might not know what they're talking about

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Crust First posted:

His idiot supporters said this proved he actually was satoshi, because he was so advanced that he wrote his own custom extension to the standard libraries within the standard library namespace that worked exactly like the future standard library would eventually work 100% perfectly. What a massive brain genius!

isan al-gaib!

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

more falafel please posted:

This is hilarious. There's nothing stopping you as a C++ programmer from adding custom poo poo to namespace std, it's not "hacking" or "hijacking" or "injection" it's just a really pointless and stupid idea. Like boost::tr1 implemented a lot of poo poo that ended up in later versions of the STL, but you'd never put that poo poo in namespace std unless it was actually part of the standard. Shockingly, it seems like this redditor who's obsessed with one particular Bitcoin idiot might not know what they're talking about

Bitcoiners famously thought that the idea of ASICs were invented for bitcoin mining, that until now every electronic device was just hiding a full windows PC inside it, but now with this amazing creation of circuit boards that are specially designed to do one thing really well they will change the world!!

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

But did they ever figure out what #include means?

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Neito posted:

not a week goes by where I don't wonder if Atlas

a) ever had any bitcoin
b) held it long enough to make some money

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

I will never get over that he moved to french Canada and changed his name from Ortego to Ortegeau because it looked more french.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

https://www.theverge.com/2024/3/15/24102544/starbucks-is-giving-up-on-its-nft-odyssey
Starbucks is giving up on its NFT odyssey.Two years ago, Starbucks announced a web3 NFT project that was supposed to expand its Rewards loyalty program by using the blockchain... somehow.
One year ago, Starbucks delivered the first paid Odyssey NFTs, selling 2,000 in twenty minutes during the same week Facebook and Instagram quit NFTs.

Now, Starbucks says the Odyssey Beta will shut down on March 31st, and I’m wondering which big brand’s NFT project will last through March 2025.

sorry i know unix and this is wrong.

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

There's nothing stopping you as a C++ programmer from ... a really pointless and stupid idea.

Ugh, you sound just like my boss.

Neito posted:

That secret died with Satoshi

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
so all the major companies got money for nothing, and buyers paid decent money for a thing that lost 99.9999% of its value before becoming nothing?

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Just for the record, I am definitely not Satoshi Nakamoto.

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

HA HA! YOU HAVE CHOSEN POORLY!

PhazonLink posted:

so all the major companies got money for nothing, and buyers paid decent money for a thing that lost 99.9999% of its value before becoming nothing?

capitalism.txt

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

CaptainSarcastic posted:

sounds like something someone that was Satoshi Nakamoto would say

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

BrewingTea posted:

Ugh, you sound just like my boss.

Every language that came out after c++ advertises that it removed something that c++ let you do

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

HootTheOwl posted:

Every language that came out after c++ advertises that it removed something that c++ let you do

Verity Stob posted:

Whereas smaller computer languages have features designed into them, C++ is unusual in having a whole swathe of functionality discovered, like a tract of 19th century Africa.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

As someone who is writing C++.. the should have taken out a couple of Pluses. Add in some minuses.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

CaptainSarcastic posted:

No, I am not Satoshi Nakamoto!

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

HootTheOwl posted:

TBF when many of the things C++ lets you do is things like "Shoot yourself in the dick", "Shoot yourself in the face", and "Shoot yourself in the dick (Club remix)", I'm kinda fine with that.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

CaptainSarcastic posted:

That exactly the type of thing Satoshi Nakamoto used to say all the time!

Quick beat them like a pinata until a bunch of bitcoins explode out!!!

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug
Just got told that now's the time to buy the dip before btc goes parabolic

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Bitcoin's current trajectory is down (it's lost 7k since Wednesday, lol) but I suppose it isn't really possible to predict where it is going. My guess is further down.

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

Bitcoin: "Shoot yourself in the dick (Club remix)"

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Mirage posted:

No, I am not Satoshi Nakamoto!

I'm not Satoshi Nakamoto, and neither is my wife!

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

But doctor, I am not PagliacciSatoshi Nakamoto!

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

RocketMermaid posted:

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

RocketMermaid posted:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Fist
Sep 16, 2007

which will die first SA or BTC?

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

HootTheOwl posted:

c++ rules

chadbear
Jan 15, 2020

Fist posted:

This dead gay comedy forum already is, well, dead

This is good for Bitcoin obv

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Fist posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJAoaCHdTJY&t=148s

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Neito posted:

TBF when many of the things C++ lets you do is things like "Shoot yourself in the dick", "Shoot yourself in the face", and "Shoot yourself in the dick (Club remix)", I'm kinda fine with that.

You probably think interfaces are better than polymorphism :smugdog:

Neito posted:

Yeah, because: