Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Thanks a lot, I'll do that.

It's really helpful because the kids like to see the blurbs and foootage of the game. They prefer that to actually playing anything so it's worth getting it right for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I can perceive at approximately 12,000fps. And don't even get me started on light frequencies outside of the so-called "visual" spectrum. Technology has a long way to go.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Ytlaya posted:

I can perceive at approximately 12,000fps. And don't even get me started on light frequencies outside of the so-called "visual" spectrum. Technology has a long way to go.

Get a load of this guy who's just observing light frequencies rather than transcending the physical plane and becoming one with space and time

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Animal posted:

You and me both. Why bother with games that dip below 30fps when there are so many good games that run great?

Maybe the game’s really fun, op

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Maybe the game’s really fun, op

No doubt, today’s really fun release will be tomorrows great game to play on the Steam Deck 2.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

*shrug* sometimes I'm willing to put up with some dropped frames and lowering the graphics if it means I can play a game while sitting in an airplane many thousands of feet above the earth.

When the alternatives are watching whatever crap is on the TV in the headrest or reading the instructions on how to evacuate in the event of a water landing then, yeah, compromises will be made.

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022
Time to take a look at my Steam wishlist and make some terrible decisions.

I suspect I’d really really like Dredge. It’s $15 on Fanatical. Tempting.

Edit: The only game I gave up on the Deck was Ghostwire Tokyo since it runs like poo poo even after you drop the res super low and it looks like rear end.

Pretty much everything else works pretty well, especially once you learn to just lock the TDP around 10 or 11 watts.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I swear I paid $10 for dredge which I think is the right price for it. It’s a good game but it’s IMO a one and done thing.

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022

MarcusSA posted:

I swear I paid $10 for dredge which I think is the right price for it. It’s a good game but it’s IMO a one and done thing.

I vastly prefer a one-and-done 9 hour experience. That’s honestly what’s so appealing tbh, I assumed initially that it would be a forever grind game.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I'm still enjoying BG3 on the deck and I've been to all 3 acts multiple times, since last Sept and it's never been game breaking. It's fine, even better now.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Hardcastlemccormik posted:

I vastly prefer a one-and-done 9 hour experience. That’s honestly what’s so appealing tbh, I assumed initially that it would be a forever grind game.

You’ll enjoy it then.

I can’t say I recommend the DLC because it didn’t seem to add much imo. I was the right level for it but I just didn’t feel like it grabbed me.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I'm still enjoying BG3 on the deck and I've been to all 3 acts multiple times, since last Sept and it's never been game breaking. It's fine, even better now.

This mfer playing billy pilgrim in Baldurs Gate 3

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!
its surprisingly easy to post in desktop mode. not gonna be writing any essays on this tiny screen, but its pretty cool

thats it, everyone should be posting itt from their steamdeck.

no exceptions

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

So I know you can stream from desktop to the deck, but can you stream from the deck to desktop Steam? The option's not there like it is on the deck interface.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I don't think so. I made the mistake of downloading a big game to my deck when I also wanted it on my PC. It wouldn't let me transfer the files from my deck, so I'm currently transferring the game files to my PC from the SD card within a VM because they set the SD card to ext4 or something.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

Cojawfee posted:

I don't think so. I made the mistake of downloading a big game to my deck when I also wanted it on my PC. It wouldn't let me transfer the files from my deck, so I'm currently transferring the game files to my PC from the SD card within a VM because they set the SD card to ext4 or something.

Dunno about streaming gameplay, but you can absolutely transfer installs from deck to PC, not just PC to deck.

If you go to install a game on your PC that is already on your deck, but your deck is offline, it'll even tell you "you can transfer this game from your steam deck if you turn it on".

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I see it now, it didn't say that before. I tried to install the game and it just said downloading. Now it says transferring.

haddedam
Feb 19, 2024

by Fluffdaddy

tango alpha delta posted:

its surprisingly easy to post in desktop mode. not gonna be writing any essays on this tiny screen, but its pretty cool

thats it, everyone should be posting itt from their steamdeck.

no exceptions

I will when they make browser usage less janky.

Hell i'd love a tiny floating numpad to enter numbers in games and whatnot

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Time to take a look at my Steam wishlist and make some terrible decisions.

It's never been a better time to spend an hour configuring Gothic 1-3 for Deck controls and never getting around to playing them.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Gothic 1/2 came out on switch recently with full controller support. Do what thou wilt 🫡

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Gothic 1 on Switch is going to traumatize Gen Z

You really gotta play it with the keyboard combat controls for the real experience though

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Gothic 1/2 came out on switch recently with full controller support. Do what thou wilt 🫡

I’m not going to repurchase games on Switch when i have the privilege of spending 1-2 hours getting basic stability patches installed, tweak the ini file, and find the perfect controller bindings

Arguably my favorite Steam Deck game tbh

Ninja: Pretty sure I have the Gothic games on GOG which is even more delicious configuration funtime

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Tiny Timbs posted:

Gothic 1 on Switch is going to traumatize Gen Z

You really gotta play it with the keyboard combat controls for the real experience though

Im not really sure how or why, but my kid and his high school buddies already were playing the Gothic games years ago

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I’m not going to repurchase games on Switch

I concur

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Why is it that every time I turn on my deck from sleep it has to reconnect to steam and do cloud sync before letting me do anything? It has never done this previously. There's big pop ups now that I have never seen.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Anyone know if they fixed the metal gear solid collection? It’s on fanatical for like $35 which is about the right price for it.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Yeah it's actually working on deck now and has continued to get patches with various improvements

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Both are listed as Gold on protonDB but for 2 they specifically recommend switching to proton experimental and to get this mod https://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149669

When in doubt about a game always check https://www.protondb.com/app/211740

Wanted to say thanks! Playing Thief2 with six hours of battery life on my LCD Deck is amazing.

e:with the default graphics settings, 3 watts for the CPU and 200 MHz for the GPU I'm getting 60 FPS on my LCD Deck. Has anyone tested Thief 2 on an OLED Deck for battery life?

tango alpha delta fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Mar 17, 2024

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I dunno how fixed MGS is but I know there was a big patch this week. Some of it to address Steam Deck performance even.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

metal gear?

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

I will say that the pace (or existence at all) of patches to address stuff like Steam Deck performance is pretty surprising.

I played MGS1 on Deck and thought it was fine, but with the way that whole package arrived in general, I definitely didn’t take it for granted that they’d do anything in terms of fixes.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

I'm really enjoying the Tomb Raider remastered trilogy. It's part nostalgia I suppose but the level design holds up. Getting used to the controls took a little and there's no good tutorial for them in-game, but the modern control scheme is quite good once you get the hang of them. The original scheme is more precise though and initially I did use it to line up some jumps but now I've gotten good at the new scheme.
I love the "switch between original and remastered graphics" button! I play most of the game in the remastered graphics which look good but I use the button all the time to see what it used to look like in the past.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

the nuclear containment facility?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

A cyborg ninja?

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

super baby method?

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

nanomachines?

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Rumor is that Adult Swim games might get taken down. The Duck Game Dev doesn't know what's going to happen. Very few of their games are in the sale, but I'm picking up the Frog Fractions sequel.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Heran Bago posted:

Rumor is that Adult Swim games might get taken down.

Don't think it's a rumour, pretty sure they're all being delisted very soon

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Don't think it's a rumour, pretty sure they're all being delisted very soon

Yeah it's a confirmed thing, Warner Bros are formally shutting down Adult Swim Games and aren't transferring Steam ownership back to the devs. I don't think devs are going to be prevented from putting the games back up on new store pages but they have been told they need to remove all mention of Adult Swim from the game if they do, including the names of anyone who worked there from the credits so it's possible some devs just won't bother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The dev of Small Radios Big Televisions put the game up for free on their website. No idea what the other devs will do.

https://fire-face.com/games/srbt.html