Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

TheDK posted:

Recently went to the hobby store looking for cool kits and my wife picked up this one which I am very excited about :

They make more animals in power suits, I have some cool frogs one. One of them has a cigar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Huh... they also make glowing ghost pirate robots. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1000004324523.html

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
30MM Horse Mechs are out! :clint:

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
how is Literally A Horse not part of the new 30 minutes fantasy line

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Horses are real

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
did they ever do any other horses before now other than tokai teio?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

kirbysuperstar posted:

There are three uma musume kits, and for some reason two of them are Teio.

I don't really understand the difference between the figure-rise and 30MS lines.

e:

https://gunpla.fandom.com/wiki/HGFC_GF13-001NHII_Master_Gundam_%2B_Fuunsaiki

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Mar 15, 2024

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

30MS Teio is probably made to be compatible with all the other 30MS Mecha Musumes, while Figure Rise isn't.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
golshi is too powerful for 30ms i see

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

there's a few horses made for the SD Gundam lines, too.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Ibblebibble posted:

30MS Teio is probably made to be compatible with all the other 30MS Mecha Musumes, while Figure Rise isn't.

Yeah, all the 30 Minute stuff is made with certain level of intercompatibility, which adds some jank here and there to make sure there's room to attach Martian railguns to your horselady's butt, while Figure Rise kits provide a slicker action figure-esque result.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Ibblebibble posted:

RillAkBea posted:

Yeah, all the 30 Minute stuff is made with certain level of intercompatibility, which adds some jank here and there to make sure there's room to attach Martian railguns to your horselady's butt, while Figure Rise kits provide a slicker action figure-esque result.

If you look at any of the other 30MS stuff to compare, it's got the same mid-thigh/upper-arm connectors and the back sockets. I'd expect the horse ears are probably mounted on the same connector the other kits have for head decorations too./

It's "just" a fancy 30MS design with compatibility with anything else.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Where's Bourbon's kit, she almost literally is a Gundam

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

kirbysuperstar posted:

Kinda!

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
I was on the very last part (quite literally, was putting the rocket launcher on the wrist) of my MG Full Armor Thunderbolt (ver ka) and the bastarding arm sheared awkwardly in two. One end of the piece is twisted in like an X shape (presumably whitened with friction because the little nub at the end was not fully in the hole, jesus) and it's an absolute nightmare to try and repair. I'm so gutted, I was almost done with my first MG too, with no major fuckups.
Ebay has none of the parts spare (tried messaging the guy selling parts from runner b) and plaparts isn't answering emails (have checked everything is filled in correctly)
I don't have the hobbying experience to try a brass pin repair thing, so short of like, buying another kit and just using the broken parts again (as it isn't the whole arm, just the connecting parts i.e one of B-32 and one of B-43) but that's just such an expense.

Any of you experienced folk got a suggestion?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
It would probably help to post a pic. Is it a solid arm part that broke or a joint?

Sounds like now is a great time to get some experience with the brass pin repair thing though

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.
If the repair fails: blowtorch the ends a bit, put the broken arm in the good one's hand, and make a modern interpretation of the EZ-8 vs Gouf fight from 08th MS Team. It's thematically appropriate for Thunderbolt, at least.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

It would probably help to post a pic. Is it a solid arm part that broke or a joint?

Sounds like now is a great time to get some experience with the brass pin repair thing though

This on both counts. I'm having a hard time visualizing what happened and hey, the thing is already broken. What are you going to do, break it more?

gently caress-ups are just opportunities to learn unexpected lessons.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Any downside to using steel wire for the same kind of repair?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Decided to apply the gold and it looks quite nice then I redid the panel lines with a brown micron pen to fill in the recesses.

Is there a way to avoid having the markers pool on flat surfaces?

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Mar 16, 2024

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

looks good guy nj

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

Basic rear end 2x everything build but it just oozes style and the weapons are great.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Argas posted:

Basic rear end 2x everything build but it just oozes style and the weapons are great.

I still don't think any Gunpla kits have ever superseded Epyon to me. Still the coolest Gundam of all time.

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
Broken thunderbolt update : learned how to use pin vise thing to repair. Sorta. Arm seems to hold up now, drilled a teeny hole in each end of the break (filed down to flatten pieces together) and slipped a small brass rod into the hole with plastic safe glue around it. 24h on and the arm is in place still, holding the weapon steady. Won't try to articulate but relieved it's holding.

Question : I remember a bunch of pages back (a few months now) someone was looking at or discussing relatively insectoid looking gundam and I cannot find that post nor the gundam in question. Anyone recall it or able to suggest what it was?

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Iymarra posted:

Question : I remember a bunch of pages back (a few months now) someone was looking at or discussing relatively insectoid looking gundam and I cannot find that post nor the gundam in question. Anyone recall it or able to suggest what it was?

The only bug-like suit I can think of is the Shokew from Victory Gundam. They made an RE/100 of it but it’s kinda hard to find nowadays.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Are you thinking of the Aura Battler Dunbine model kits that were announced last year?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Ippei Gyoubu really likes insectile design elements in the MS he designs.

A lot of G-Reco designs are a little bug-like, including the G-Self, although that one actually wasn't designed by him (it was instead designed by Akiman :wtc:).

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Origin kits why you so pretty.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGR7m0loev8

i gotta figure out how to order this

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Arc Hammer posted:

Origin kits why you so pretty.

I like this,

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Synthbuttrange posted:

i gotta figure out how to order this

BBTS has it for preorder

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/266330?o=4

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

yeah, the korean store in the video links has it currently for 80% off if im reading it correctly tho hahah.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Worked on this off and on for a couple months but it is finally done.

a friend linked a fight scene it was in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nThDGwwrvXg

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
Reminds me that I need to probably start my Berserk Fury or Sturm Tyrann, but the MG 00 XN Raiser is just a lot of loving plastic, plus P-Bandai pulled through and delivered my MG Gundam Mk V at long last (I honestly have no idea why this kit isn't just a normal retail one).

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
I have the Buster Tortoise I really want to build, but I need to get the motivation and stock up on paints to do it justice. The cannon is comically large, even by Gundam standards!

Smoke
Mar 12, 2005

I am NOT a red Bumblebee for god's sake!

Gun Saliva
Little heads-up from the scale modeling thread: Scalemates now also has Gundammates.

https://www.gundammates.com/

If you've got an existing Scalemates account you can log in with that and add the site to your profile, your stash will also be visible there.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Smoke posted:

Little heads-up from the scale modeling thread: Scalemates now also has Gundammates.

If you've got an existing Scalemates account you can log in with that and add the site to your profile, your stash will also be visible there.

Oh hell yeah! This will be useful for me.

Balache404
Aug 2, 2018

Can I ask you guys what you do with the boxes your model kits come in? I'm running out of closet space and I might just stick the instructions and spare parts into ziplocks and put those in a case to make room.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Trash 'em.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Balache404 posted:

Can I ask you guys what you do with the boxes your model kits come in? I'm running out of closet space and I might just stick the instructions and spare parts into ziplocks and put those in a case to make room.

I've been cutting off the front panel with the art and tossing the rest but I haven't done too many yet.

Smoke posted:

Does it have the ability for users to add stuff to the database? Last time I checked scalemates it was missing a lot of the original chinese kits.