Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

They began their self destruct countdown because I decided to sleep in until 8 when I usually feed them at 7. But I eventually got up and fed them and they disabled the self destruct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Decided to get under the bed and claw up the mattress at 3 AM.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

super sweet best pal posted:

Yeah, mine goes berserk after he shits too.

Peaches used to get the last turd stuck to her rear end fur, and would rip around the house afeared that a monster had grabbed hold of her. Always had to catch her and pull it off with a tissue.
Dumbass cat

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

madmatt112 posted:

Peaches used to get the last turd stuck to her rear end fur, and would rip around the house afeared that a monster had grabbed hold of her. Always had to catch her and pull it off with a tissue.
Dumbass cat

When I was growing up one of my more easily spooked cats ate some ribbon and we didn't know... He pooped it out there was still enough ribbon inside that he was dragging a piece of ribbon with a turd wrapped around it and trying to escape it like a Trex was after him..

I'm not sure I've ever laughed as hard in my life after I realized what was going on . I felt bad afterwards but I couldn't stop laughing for at least one lap around the house at absolutely maximum speed.

It took like 2 more laps before my mom and I were able to catch the poor terrified bastard.

I think we were lucky he didn't have a heart attack lol.

RIP Gizmo, you were a sweet dumbass scaredy cat.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
Brought me a hair-tie that I thought was lost.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Brought me a hair-tie that I thought was lost.

Who’s a good kitty

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

No. 6 posted:

Bought her some fancy wet food as a treat. Didn't want a bit but dug into her regular Crave kibble. Glad she loves it so much.

Think of the fancy food as like a rare high end steak with blue cheese dressing and the cheap stuff as McDonalds. Now realise your cat is basically a 6 year old.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Yes we tried the fancier stuff with our cats and they had no interest and went right back to Fancy Feast

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

feedmegin posted:

Think of the fancy food as like a rare high end steak with blue cheese dressing and the cheap stuff as McDonalds. Now realise your cat is basically a 6 year old.

Huh. Never thought of that before but it kinda makes sense and its funny.

I'm thankful but questioning of my cat that only likes his prescription cat food for bad kidneys.

He would probably eat lunch meat until his stomach exploded but he wont eat wet food or cat treats

Maybe because he got a bit of my ham sandwich that one time, he's waiting for the good poo poo and friskies doesn't cut it

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Boogie and Rumbus are starting to, at times, tolerate one another

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Good cats

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Black kitties fuckin rule.
gently caress the haters.

Other kitties also fuckin rule too, but so do black kitties.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Chief McHeath posted:

Boogie and Rumbus are starting to, at times, tolerate one another

Great names

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"
Sukie has been refusing to let me give her front claws a tiny manicure.

Net result: Limping around for the last three days, presumably after getting her claws stuck in something. (My guess is the curtains, based on her long history of destruction)

She’s finally feeling better, and is upside down on the sofa getting tummy rubs.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

RC and Moon Pie posted:

She got the zoomies, with sound effects that almost always come after she's gone number two. Rrrrr.

Yo, my cat also tends to get the zoomies after taking a poo poo. I think she's a nervous pooper too, because sometimes she will pace back and forth and meow at me before finally doing her business. On top of that, once the litter box cleans itself Ella has to go back and sniff to check what changed.

Seriously, why do cats do this?

Mx. posted:

I want to go home to my cat I'm sick of work

Work would be much more tolerable if I could just work from home everyday or at least do hybrid schedule. Getting work done is much more comfortable with a cat at your side.

e: BTW I highly recommend automated litter and food/water feeder, the latter especially so your cat thinks it's your food bowl's responsibility to provide food and not you, the human.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Mar 16, 2024

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Upset he's about to be packed into a box and moved to a new place. So mostly running around and screaming.

cake bunny
Oct 29, 2011

Goatse James Bond posted:

for anyone who is in the general area of a costco: Kirkland dry cat food is in fact a huge winner in paired taste tests

the only ones my cats like better are a Purina kitten food (it's very fatty and disgusting, so I relate) and the Cat Person very nice duck and turkey kibble

I will note that I got the Cat Person sample package and the cats took a good look at the high quality wet food and went "what the hell is this, give us our normal morning half-scoop of middling grocery store wet food"

My cat really likes the Cat Person wet food, particularly the poultry and fish-based shreds ones. We've had him on everything from Friskies to handmade raw food to some stupid expensive imported stuff depending on our budget at the time and availability before starting Cat Person about a year ago. The only things he didn't ever really take to were the imported stuff with New Zealand green mussels and anything with a prominent liver flavor. At some point he decided he hated pates from anyone, too, despite the fact that he absolutely loves those pureed meat-in-a-tube treats like Churu, because cat's gonna cat.

Slowly doing the change over to the new food has always been the biggest deal in getting him to not just reject a new wet food out of hand. Like, the Cat Person folks give a suggested method to use for the change process with ratios to mix in some of the new with some of the old, upping the amount of the new to old in the mixture until they're fully on the new over the course of a couple of weeks or so, but we have to go even slower than that or he just gets pissed. It's never even been about digestive upset for him with the changes; little bro just wants to be eased into it on principle, even for foods he ends up batshit for.

edit - He's staring at the balcony waiting for the loud-rear end spring birds to fly by again and no doubt hoping I go out to mess with my plants so he can harass them up close(r) again soon.

cake bunny fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Mar 16, 2024

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Most of the cats I've known love new foods and will get annoyed if I serve them the same brand for too long. Variety is demanded.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Taking my cat to an emergency appointment. Yesterday she stopped eating more than a few bites. This morning she's lethargic and started drooling hard. Wish me luck y'all.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Would have taken her yesterday, but I was in bed literally all day with some kinda food poisoning

Would post a pic, but imgur hates me lately

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Do u have a carbon monoxide leak

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Worf posted:

Do u have a carbon monoxide leak

Got a co monitor, so I doubt it?

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Taking her in in about 40, so I guess we'll see. Just glad I've been working a bunch lately. poo poo probably won't be cheap, no matter what

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Just got back from the vet. Turns out she's got minor to moderate pancreatitis, which for a roughly 18 year old kitty isn't that surprising. Got roughly a whole pharmacy to give her over the next bit, then a follow-up if she's not improving within the week.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Roundup Ready posted:

Just got back from the vet. Turns out she's got minor to moderate pancreatitis, which for a roughly 18 year old kitty isn't that surprising. Got roughly a whole pharmacy to give her over the next bit, then a follow-up if she's not improving within the week.

Poor kitty :(. Good luck getting the medicine into her.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
I gave Taco a mixture of wet and dry food this evening and I like to imagine that she enjoyed the crunchy bits when she found them

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Anderson Koopa posted:

Poor kitty :(. Good luck getting the medicine into her.

tell me about it. She sucks to pill in general. Strong as hell for a six pounder. Pills twice a day, and liquid once for each. Going to be a fun 10 days. Oh yeah. And some goo that gets rubbed in the ear. She's already seeming a bit perkier than when I brought her in, so fingers crossed.

Roundup Ready fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Mar 17, 2024

nitsua
Feb 18, 2024

Roundup Ready posted:

tell me about it. She sucks to pill in general. Strong as hell for a six pounder. Pills twice a day, and liquid once for each. Going to be a fun 10 days. Oh yeah. And some goo that gets rubbed in the ear. She's already seeming a bit perkier than when I brought her in, so fingers crossed.

do you have to use a pill gun to make her take her meds

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

nitsua posted:

We had to get one of those for a cat we used to have. She was impossible to give any meds to otherwise.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

nitsua posted:

Tried. I'm always afraid to hurt her old rear end teeth. Pretty sure we still have one floating around. Eats around pill pods. Jerk cat

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Good luck cat

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I get my cat up on the table and wrap a towel around the front... After 2 or 3 times I didn't need to do that anymore and it got easier.

The hard-ish part is finding the joints of their jaw. My vet showed me how to kind of manipulate it without causing pain and then their mouth is open, you toss in the pill they swallow out of reflex when you release the pressure on the jaw.

Trying to use the syringe thing while they are trying to not swallow is really really hard for me anyway.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Today one of my cats puked on my bare foot while I was playing Last Epoch.

It turned out OK though because another cat immediately ate it. The vomit, not my foot.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Worf posted:

Good luck cat

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
after 5 years trying he pushed my huge bedside table lamp over while i was asleep. scared the gently caress out of me

cake bunny
Oct 29, 2011

I hope your cat does well with the meds and feels better soon, Roundup Ready!

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Currently thinking it's lunch time (he's about 20 minutes early but I may cave)

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Currently thinking it's lunch time (he's about 20 minutes early but I may cave)
He's being good.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
hard to photograph him when he's laying on top of me being the King

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Cemented their status as "The Ultimate Napper"