Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Lots of rumors still around sneed. I think he’s really good but I’m not sure I want to see the titties pony up picks for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

need some more players i don't know anything about or it's over

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I think Butker is the most accurate kicker currently playing, and I think Khoo is second. Both guys were cut by the teams that drafted them.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

BlindSite posted:

I think Butker is the most accurate kicker currently playing, and I think Khoo is second. Both guys were cut by the teams that drafted them.

Which is why we're keeping our 90 pound second year kicker.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Less then a week of Russ was enough

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1769131145688461483

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
As a Steelers hater, I truly hate the last week

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1769131924717478314

wooof

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

wowwww that's just SLIGHTLY less than we all thought

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Ouch.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Man what a fall from grace. Take your pick whether I am talking about Pickett, Russ, or Fields :lol:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://x.com/adamschefter/status/1769133314915389834?s=46&t=W7tkvCJJVvRQ_wkgdRXpiQ

lmao

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

congrats to the steelers on their first good qb acquisition this offseason

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Woozie66 posted:

As a Steelers hater, I truly hate the last week

I’m not sure a broken Russ and a guy who holds onto the ball for 20 seconds are going to be lighting up the AFCN.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Fearing a failed Bears QB is a new one lol

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
steelers are collecting failed first round bears QBs

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

kidcoelacanth posted:

congrats to the steelers on their first good qb acquisition this offseason

Justin Fields is not good lol

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

better than russ

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

the bears may have struck out with fields but they traded bryce young for dj moore and caleb williams so they're doing ok I think

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Because it's the Tomlin Steelers I'm sure Fields will lead them to multiple 10 or 11 win seasons and probably ruin a couple Browns seasons along the way.

Edit: Unlike most times though if that happens I will feel joy about it.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I don’t hate the move in a vacuum, but I also don’t love the qb fit for a defense that is still built to make a deep run. Neither of these dudes is better than the dregs they had from last season, at least not so much that I think it makes them a Super Bowl contender

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Freaquency posted:

I’m not sure a broken Russ and a guy who holds onto the ball for 20 seconds are going to be lighting up the AFCN.

More likely than Pickett doing that

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

kidcoelacanth posted:

better than russ

You sure about that

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Russell on the absolute minimum and Fields for a 6th round pick is a ridiculously better QB situation than 3rd year Kenny Pickett. That's two legitimate swings at the position at basically no cost.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

kidcoelacanth posted:

better than russ

Extremely not true. Russ is washed but he can navigate the pocket and throw guys open, especially in the red zone.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Broken and washed Russ is still better than anything Fields has ever done or likely will ever do

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Zach Wilson is going to be worth exactly 6 blueberries.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

kidcoelacanth posted:

better than russ

“Diarrhea is better than constipation!”

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Zach Wilson is going to be worth exactly 6 blueberries.

Sold. Also lol at all the talk that the Bears could get a 2nd and more.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
gently caress me I KNEW THAT WAS GONNA HAPPEN. God drat it. Steelers have the division locked up already

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Well that was a fun 3 years with Justin. Now to do it for the third consecutive time.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
Omar Khan just fleeced the Bears. Pathetic work by Poles for keeping his price way too goddamn high for the longest time. He deserves to be fired if this doesn’t work out.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Omar Khan just fleeced the Bears. Pathetic work by Poles for keeping his price way too goddamn high for the longest time. He deserves to be fired if this doesn’t work out.

I can't blame him, he had all the power for a brief moment until other organizations made decisions. If he doesn't build right around Caleb that will do it

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

R.D. Mangles posted:

Well that was a fun 3 years with Justin. Now to do it for the third consecutive time.

I've been thinking a lot about that Monty Python sketch where the fourth castle stays up

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Comfortador posted:

I can't blame him, he had all the power for a brief moment until other organizations made decisions. If he doesn't build right around Caleb that will do it

You mean the qb that doesn’t want to play for the bears? Lol we know how this ends.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Hot Diggity! posted:

Justin Fields is not good lol

The Niners got a 3rd for Trey Lance less than a year ago

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

trevorreznik posted:

I've been thinking a lot about that Monty Python sketch where the fourth castle stays up

Justin Fields burned down, fell over, and then sank into the swamp.

But Caleb Williams. He Stayed Up.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The Chicago Bears will never have a good quarterback.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
It remains batshit crazy that the Jets got a 2nd and a 4th for Darnold a few years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

It's very funny because my problem with the Bears have been holding on to QBs too long

They kept Cutler and Mitch around too long, they kept Rex around too long, other than that since Jim McMahon until Trubs that this god forsaken organization actually invested a top 10 pick into a QB.

If Poles gets the evaluation on this QB class right, this his first time picking his own QB, he will be fine.