Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

Devo posted:

It's so stupid it might work

Mystique was a terrible idea, so I put in Nico instead because playing Nico is always right. Deck just wins. Seriously.
I almost want to swap out Caiera, but I know the moment I do I'll start running up against Killmonger decks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Quackles posted:

Oh poo poo, Imbalance Patch just dropped!

Avengers vs. X-Men

If you have 3+ Avengers cards at a location, it gains +3 bonus power.

If you have played 4+ X-Men this game, your X-Men have +1 Power.
This is Deadpool erasure

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

FlamingLiberal posted:

This is Deadpool erasure

I mean from a lore perspective its p arbitrary/bad all over the place - as noted the omission of Spectrum is actually fully wild (she led the main Avengers for a good chunk of time), Squirrel Girl has been on multiple iterations of the Avengers, Leech is an X-Men affiliated mutant, etc.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

FlamingLiberal posted:

This is Deadpool erasure

Deadpool should get -3 at a location with 3 Avengers or -1 if 4 X-men are in play because both teams (and everyone else) can't stand him.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Devo posted:

What's this compensation variant all about?

The carnival login event a few weeks ago was bugged and not recording logins on some days. It took them this long to run the query to compensate people i guess.

I got this.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
I really like these imbalance patches, they do a lot to keep the game feel fresh. My attitude might be different if I wasn't already at Infinite though.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

CJ posted:

I got this.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Wolverine should count for both teams and any future combos

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Opopanax posted:

Wolverine should count for both teams and any future combos

Oh yeah? He should be on a team with Nimrod? Get the gently caress out of here dude, absolute chicanery

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.
Pizza Delivery Hobgoblin is great and I love him.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
Nuverse shop freebies: https://pay-va.nvsgames.com/Topup/262304/us-en

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

There are new in-app login rewards that start today and end with a Thor variant in a week

Red
Apr 15, 2003

FlamingLiberal posted:

There are new in-app login rewards that start today and end with a Thor variant in a week

Does it end on a Thorsday? :grin:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Yes. Yes it does.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Thanks for posting, snagged another Thanos.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Ninurta posted:

This was the variant I used before the comic book cover Spotlight Variant came out.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
I got the new Combo Break Mysterio which looks pretty cool, I dont have any other variants for him.
Edit: If anyone's interested, the MSZ analysis is that if you're spending money on this vibranium deal, buying the first two tiers is the sweet spot, any other level is below average value for money.

victorious fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Mar 16, 2024

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

on a whim decided to spend keys for mockingbird, got her in one

also looks like in may I'm actually gonna have a 3/3 week

EDIT: also now I believe in the later in the week spotlight theory

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

God, I am so sick of Thanos. Four months of him waffling between Tier 1 and Tier 0 is enough. Please just stick him in a trash compactor so we can have fun card releases again without him shooting to the top of the meta every other week.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
Could be neat if Thanos granted an Infinity Stone to 6 random cards in your deck which would overwrite their card text

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I agree Thanos should be nerfed but I just have no idea how. I honestly think the easiest way would be to go to all of his problematic cards and say (this is not impacted by Infinity Stones) like KMBest said. The problem is the card itself is cool and novel, it’s just an insanely strong strategy in snap, with so much synergy. But I think if they remove much of the synergy the card itself is just fine.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Ninurta posted:

Is this Darkseid?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

The solution is that Thanos and the stones replace all the other cards in the deck, but change one of the stones to morph into one of the cards you had replaced. Another could give you Outriders or Black Order members.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
Sounds like a great idea once all Black Order cards are Series 3.

Gin_Rummy
Aug 4, 2007
Played this game a poo poo ton the first month it was out, then took a long hiatus before coming back last season. That being said, despite making infinite last go around, I am still incredibly noobish... can someone tell me wtf these decks are that randomly have Misty Knight and others with a glowing "aura," and they suddenly have abilities? Completely and utterly dumbfounded on how I can get cards like that.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
It's from High Evolutionary; he gives certain "no ability" cards abilities when played in the same deck

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!

plainswalker75 posted:

It's from High Evolutionary; he gives certain "no ability" cards abilities when played in the same deck

I think people are just way overthinking Thanos. It's 100% Mockingbirds fault. The time stone nerf was a real nerf and absent mockingbird Thanos would see a reasonable play and win rate.

Mockingbird in Thanos is just nutty. Just make her not work with the stones or make the stones start in your deck or whatever.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

GarudaPrime posted:

make the stones start in your deck or whatever.

Quinjet used to make the stones cost 0.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I'm sad that I didn't have Thanos when Quinjet could do that. The original Thanos Lockjaw was a brutal deck.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

FlamingLiberal posted:

I'm sad that I didn't have Thanos when Quinjet could do that. The original Thanos Lockjaw was a brutal deck.

I had neither card before the nerf.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Well the first new gold bundle in awhile dropped in the store, and it's pretty bad

2200 G for-

-Black Panther Inkpulp variant
-1000 tokens
-750 credits
-boosters

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I haven't been able to play the past few days and I realized I haven't been missing it. I should be able to tell the signs of 'just going thru the motions' point of the online gaming cycle by now

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Me panicking at 11:45 because I haven’t cleared two spots in my mission log is perfectly normal behavior.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Yeah I think their stinginess with Spotlights/Tokens is going to bite them. At my current rate I'm not gonna play with most of the recent new cards for a long, long time and it's increasingly easier to feel like I'm not missing much by not logging in.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Marx Headroom posted:

Yeah I think their stinginess with Spotlights/Tokens is going to bite them. At my current rate I'm not gonna play with most of the recent new cards for a long, long time and it's increasingly easier to feel like I'm not missing much by not logging in.

according to SD if they gave out tokens instead of tickets in reserves they'd be bankrupt in a week

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

FlamingLiberal posted:

Well the first new gold bundle in awhile dropped in the store, and it's pretty bad

2200 G for-

-Black Panther Inkpulp variant
-1000 tokens
-750 credits
-boosters

It's abysmal value. SD is trying to reset the value of gold much lower. While also trying to sell a new way to generate gold. It's weird even by the low standard for freemium game nonsense.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

It’s odd because they took away Gold rewards in the collection track almost a year ago now

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It's always such an easy climb to 70, and then I spend most if the season bouncing from 71-77 back and forth

novamute
Jul 5, 2006

o o o
I got infinite early this season with the same Sera control list as the last two seasons but with Killmonger swapped in for Gladiator now that one drops are everywhere and everyone has cut Caiera

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jiffynuts
Jul 6, 2005

It's a-me-a-ha-me-ha

Opopanax posted:

It's always such an easy climb to 70, and then I spend most if the season bouncing from 71-77 back and forth

Hello fellow old 70s man! I’m always in this boat as well. Only managed to get to the high 80s a bunch of times. I really should just play destroy all the time.