Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Sokani posted:

The original game had a third enemy, do we know if they are gonna make an appearance at some point?

Very strongly hinted that they will, I believe, complete with something that's either a real subtle foreshadowing of them/hints towards their activity, or a straight up graphics glitch/case of player confusion that the devs have been nudge-nudge, wink-wink about just for the sake of being scamps.

Unrelated: that youtube of Helldiver shanties posted a couple of pages ago was oddly charming. Felt very early 2010s in the most non-derogatory way possible.

Edit: they call me the AMR, because I'm a fukken :synpa: but also very much not to everyone's tastes

Flint_Paper fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Mar 17, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.

ShadowHawk posted:

Is the new premium warbond group buff for fewer encounters extremely strong? It's kind of hard to tell how much it's doing.

I could just be getting lucky but it seems pretty drat effective. Maybe don’t run it if you need to get X amount of kills for a daily, but otherwise I have noticed far fewer patrols when I run it.

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

ShadowHawk posted:

Is the new premium warbond group buff for fewer encounters extremely strong? It's kind of hard to tell how much it's doing.

People who have tested it say it looks like it increases the cooldown between enemy reinforcement call-ins by something like 10% (rough estimate because it's hard to test consistently)

Vanguard Warden
Apr 5, 2009

I am holding a live frag grenade.

ShadowHawk posted:

From what I've heard, there's a global timer on bugs spraying pheromones/cyborgs shooting flares to summon a wave of reinforcements via bug breaches or bot drops (which would certainly explain why every time I kill one just in time to stop it from calling reinforcements another bug in the pack immediately does it again a split second later). The new booster increases that cooldown timer from 250 seconds to 340 seconds (again, from what I've read), so an extra 1.5 minutes without needing to deal with another wave of extra hostiles.

EDIT: I looked up the reddit post of the person who did a bunch of thorough testing on patrols, and they said that their early testing on the booster was about a 10% delay on the breech/drop timer. I don't think they ever actually state the base timer on breech/drop call-ins though, just the timers on patrols which is a different mechanic.

Vanguard Warden fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Mar 17, 2024

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Is there a setting in the keybindings to make it so switching to first person zoom is only applied on a weapon by weapon basis rather than a simultaneous toggle for all equipment?

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

I tried a Sickle/Stun Grenade/Autocannon loadout and I think it may be my new favorite. The Stun Grenade makes the autocannon an incredibly effective anti-charger weapon for popping their asses (even if you hit yourself with the grenade lol):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xz7sCgGRekI

This, uh, changes things for me

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

bandaid.friend posted:

I've appreciated the plasma shotgun against berserkers because they tend to crowd up, it hits multiple areas of the robot, and it makes the whole group flinch

Yeah it seems like it could be good in skilled hands. I mainly just don't like having a gun that lobs shots slower and at an even more extreme arc than my grenades.

I also love how it's a mag-fed pump action gun. You swap out fat capacitors for a new mag but you still visibly pump between shots.

Vanguard Warden posted:

From what I've heard, there's a global timer on bugs spraying pheromones/cyborgs shooting flares to summon a wave of reinforcements via bug breaches or bot drops (which would certainly explain why every time I kill one just in time to stop it from calling reinforcements another bug in the pack immediately does it again a split second later). The new booster increases that cooldown timer from 250 seconds to 340 seconds (again, from what I've read), so an extra 1.5 minutes without needing to deal with another wave of extra hostiles.

I hate this so much with the bugs. "Oh poo poo, Billy didn't get his fart off! I'll do it for him!" *BLAM!* "Oh poo poo, Timmy didn't get his fart off! I'll do it for him!" *BLAM!* "Oh poo poo..." It can get absolutely ridonculous at times. At least the robots only have the commisars so you only have a small fraction of their fodder able to summon more.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray

Arc Hammer posted:

Is there a setting in the keybindings to make it so switching to first person zoom is only applied on a weapon by weapon basis rather than a simultaneous toggle for all equipment?

Yes! "Remember Aim Mode" in Gameplay options. Set it to "per weapon".

Also, Dynamic Aim Mode allows a tap to go into 1st person mode, while pressing and holding stays in 3rd person. I love it, but obviously ymmv.

I just saw a video showing a player with no name entering the dropship with a team of three. This unnamed player was a 4th player?! With the other mystery poo poo going on right now, I don't know whether to believe it or not, lol.

Apple Craft fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Mar 17, 2024

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

Triarii posted:

People who have tested it say it looks like it increases the cooldown between enemy reinforcement call-ins by something like 10% (rough estimate because it's hard to test consistently)

10% would make sense, the reinforcement time booster is also 10%.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

Hakarne posted:

I tried a Sickle/Stun Grenade/Autocannon loadout and I think it may be my new favorite. The Stun Grenade makes the autocannon an incredibly effective anti-charger weapon for popping their asses (even if you hit yourself with the grenade lol):

Well, now I gotta get the stun grenade.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Apple Craft posted:

I just saw a video showing a player with no name entering the dropship with a team of three. This unnamed player was a 4th player?! With the other mystery poo poo going on right now, I don't know whether to believe it or not, lol.
I've gotten this bug. A 4th player joined the game mid mission but they didn't show up in the UI for me at all.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Aaaand another crash the minute I blow up a Stalker nest. that's twice now today.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray
Yeah check it out:
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7345578968285777182

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

You got a non-shithouse music version?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
You know-
*burns to death in fire tornado*
I don't think fire tornadoes-
*Auto respawns dead center into a fire tornado without ability to steer*
Are less annoying than meteors.

Added insult to injury was fat spitters surviving both flamethrowers AND fire weather. Spitters exist to make me regret ever putting down the autocannon in bug missions once again confirmed.

"Good thing I brought a shotgun that can stunlock them-oh right more than one. Time to die a full second after I dive out of the way of spit!"

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

there's a bug where getting into the exit ship will instead throw you somewhere else onto the map but it still counts you as on the ship

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Section Z posted:

You know-
*burns to death in fire tornado*
I don't think fire tornadoes-
*Auto respawns dead center into a fire tornado without ability to steer*
Are less annoying than meteors.

Added insult to injury was fat spitters surviving both flamethrowers AND fire weather. Spitters exist to make me regret ever putting down the autocannon in bug missions once again confirmed.

"Good thing I brought a shotgun that can stunlock them-oh right more than one. Time to die a full second after I dive out of the way of spit!"

I find impact grenades super useful vs those things.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

This is how good I am at this game :clint:
https://i.imgur.com/tvNgW7N.mp4

ErKeL
Jun 18, 2013

This was perfect.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Benny Hilldivers?

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

My buddy has been telling me to buy this to play with him. It's probably been discussed ad nauseum, but anyone have feelings on the nProtect thing? I don't really have *top secret files* on my gaming PC but root access seems like a big ask for a video game.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

as good as this game is i cannot think of a single less stable ps5 game, good lord the bugs have been getting worse by the week. laodouts reset constantly, game crashes, unable to join friends, just too many to list.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

My buddy has been telling me to buy this to play with him. It's probably been discussed ad nauseum, but anyone have feelings on the nProtect thing? I don't really have *top secret files* on my gaming PC but root access seems like a big ask for a video game.

every common anticheat program has the same privileges

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

Similar permissions exist in the anticheat programs for: Apex Legends, Fortnite, Pubg, Rainbow Six siege, Ark, Dead by Daylight, Valorant, Paladins...

Very common these days, I wouldn't sweat it.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
The one singular thing I do not love is how a crash or a connection issue forces me out of game about 1 in 3 longer missions. With the difficulties in finding a good squad in matchmaking I feel I only really get rewarded for half my gameplay.

ErKeL
Jun 18, 2013

TheDemon posted:

The one singular thing I do not love is how a crash or a connection issue forces me out of game about 1 in 3 longer missions. With the difficulties in finding a good squad in matchmaking I feel I only really get rewarded for half my gameplay.

I've been pretty lucky and only copped it a couple times, but yeah this stings so much when you're playing a real tough game, almost to the LZ after 30 intense minutes and then you're back to the desktop with sweet gently caress all.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

You are extremely good.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Maybe outside the scope of the thread, but does anyone know if any particular game had a particularly large exodus of players into this one? Because with the player numbers we’re seeing there must be some game or games suffering from playerbase leakage.

Maybe some other extraction shooter and that’s why sometimes I get TK’d for my samples before extract?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

People just like good games, there's a lot of people in the world.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

New anti-Charger strat discovered

https://i.imgur.com/DpxwN8Z.mp4

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Not going to lie that did not play how I thought it would.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Now I need to know if enemies can take fall damage

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

had a ball tonight against terminids with stun grenades, grenade launcher, shield backpack, and my favorite eagle stratagems. holy poo poo stun grenades are so good.

still using the liberator penetrator because I tried the sickle and didn't like the windup and not having medium armor pen, even though I could tell it's quite good. but I should probably try it again. or maybe just go back to the breaker or a million other options, depending on the mission

what a fun game

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Maybe outside the scope of the thread, but does anyone know if any particular game had a particularly large exodus of players into this one? Because with the player numbers we’re seeing there must be some game or games suffering from playerbase leakage.

Maybe some other extraction shooter and that’s why sometimes I get TK’d for my samples before extract?
Word is that the latest COD lacked zombie mode (whatever that is) or didn’t have a sufficient one and the fuckin okies are coming in as a result, making GBS threads in the streets and leaving their mics on

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Hakarne posted:

Dang this is the most monster hunter I've seen the game look. About to recreate my paralyze bow build but with an autocannon

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

They fly now?!

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Nothing in the rules says bugs can't play basketball

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Mar 17, 2024

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Dropped in on a late-mission egg destruction run on lvl 5 where they’d all played horribly and ragequit with no reups remaining right as I dropped, halfway across the map from extraction. So I slunk back to extraction and hid behind a crate while the bird came. I didn’t end up with samples but I got a high rating and the currency rewards for a capstone mission having killed all of 32 bugs.

Then I got two separate, intensely rewarding extractions get cut out by apparent server issues within a minute of touchdown.

Democracy giveth and freedom taketh away.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Shot a grenade at a swarm of hunters. Crash. Finished a 7 mission. Crash.

I can take a hint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Basic Chunnel posted:

Dropped in on a late-mission egg destruction run on lvl 5 where they’d all played horribly and ragequit with no reups remaining right as I dropped, halfway across the map from extraction. So I slunk back to extraction and hid behind a crate while the bird came. I didn’t end up with samples but I got a high rating and the currency rewards for a capstone mission having killed all of 32 bugs.

Then I got two separate, intensely rewarding extractions get cut out by apparent server issues within a minute of touchdown.

Democracy giveth and freedom taketh away.

I don't know if I should feel bad or not that an absolute cluster gently caress of "Everybody is very bad at rambo" had the last moment of-

"Connection error"
Back in action just for a single second. Just long enough for me to accidentally kill someone with an autocannon where a spitter used to be, after a long string of being dropped into mosh pits or live strike beacons.
"Connection error"
Back to bridge.

It isn't getting mad at videogames if it really was an accident, right?

But at least I helped save a "Trying their best" team's purple samples before that :unsmith: Sure it was only 3 on suicidal. But it was the three they found before I got there.