Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

I joined a goon lobby for the first time tonight and lost 2 of the super samples. Everybody else was dying but seeing the omni awarness of the patrols pincer me on this land bridge suuuuucked.

Edit: Sniped uhhh here's a screenshot of unrelated dives.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=We3qC8UxL-g

Black Noise fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Mar 17, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Is there a trick to not getting kicked from every lobby I join to play this game?
More than half the time someone several levels higher than me is doing the same mission I selected from the map and then I wind up back in my ship and unable to play the game. :(

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Flamethrower owns bones, and when there are two people running them you can control so much of the map. Also love standing next to my mech buddies while spreading fiery democracy. Now for some resist armor...

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

the flamethrower is great at killing things in a line and can definitely clear hordes of scavengers/warriors/hunters/hive guards if they're cooperative enough to come at you mostly single file

it's too bad that it's even more terrible against spewers than most of the existing weapons

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Video Nasty posted:

Is there a trick to not getting kicked from every lobby I join to play this game?
More than half the time someone several levels higher than me is doing the same mission I selected from the map and then I wind up back in my ship and unable to play the game. :(

Just host your own game, throw out an SOS beacon once you get to the planet to prioritize your game in the matchmaking queue if people don't join you in the ship.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Video Nasty posted:

Basically just manually choosing games from the map that don't have way higher level players. It's one of the things I hate in games like this where as time goes on you'll see more people who don't wanna play with newer players, players without top tier everything, players who don't have the FOTM meta builds, etc. I've already been hit with it a few times where if I see the host is 5+ levels higher than me, I gotta cross my fingers I don't get kicked right away.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

turn off the TV posted:

the flamethrower is great at killing things in a line and can definitely clear hordes of scavengers/warriors/hunters/hive guards if they're cooperative enough to come at you mostly single file

it's too bad that it's even more terrible against spewers than most of the existing weapons

Using the terrain you can find and abuse it to bunch up the bugs. The AI is pretty dumb and they'll just walk single file through the flames. Getting to high ground is always insta win.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Has anyone tried the new arc thrower shotgun thing from the battlepass yet

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

Nothing in this game feels quite as satisfying as when you bullseye a teammate with your reinforcement pod. Bonus points if you're reinforcing because they killed you.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?

Arc Hammer posted:

Has anyone tried the new arc thrower shotgun thing from the battlepass yet

Yes, it felt incredibly weak. I don't understand what its supposed to be for. At least the Plasma Punisher can shoot in parabolic arcs.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7346949285776215327

rolling with the senator, listening to big iron, wearing the helmet that looks like the NCR ranger helmet is peak Helldivers

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Anyone else not getting all their Super Credits after a mission? I had one last night where I was sure I'd gotten at least 3 pickups but I only had 20 more SC afterwards, but it was after a long mission and it was late and I was tired and high so I thought I might just have remembered wrong. But just now I was definitely only 10 away from buying the armor on sale and I definitely got 2 SC pickups in a quick Trivial and I only had 10 more when I got back to the ship.

e:

Eason the Fifth posted:

rolling with the senator, listening to big iron, wearing the helmet that looks like the NCR ranger helmet is peak Helldivers

what helmet is that?

Phenotype fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Mar 17, 2024

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Riatsala posted:

Nothing in this game feels quite as satisfying as when you bullseye a teammate with your reinforcement pod. Bonus points if you're reinforcing because they killed you.

Playing with some friends last night and we ran out of reinforcements. One Helldiver left, struggling to survive until the next reinforcement is available. He calls it down and the guy lands right on top of him, killing him instantly. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

also the Light armor that gives extra throw range is in the store today (along with a cool-looking Medium +grenades that I wanted)

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

Eason the Fifth posted:

The Senator would be my secondary if it didn't take as long to reload its six shots as reloading every bullet in a punisher for some reason. In fact the punisher may be faster.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Eason the Fifth posted:

Since Yuri is one of the options for your Helldiver's voicepack you could mod in his New Vegas lines and complete the Veteran Ranger experience.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

You really have to anticipate flamethrower use. If you try to spin it up while a harangue of hunters is hopping towards you, they will laugh at you and call you names.

For me it really melts chargers like butter and for that alone it's worth it. It feels good to heat up breaches as they spawn, too.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Eason the Fifth posted:

God I wish it reloaded a little faster, it's so much fun. I usually use it like a second primary

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.
I bring the senator and use it to execute stragglers after a fight, like Liberty intended.

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014
I hate the senators dumb giant reticle that makes it impossible to aim

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Can the slugger damage the exposed vents on Cannon/AA/Mortar Towers and Tanks?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Just came across my first blatant cheater last night; they were picking up 500 common samples at a time.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Getting pretty tired of running good missions with good pubbie crews (nobody accepts friend requests, perhaps indicating that I’m not very good) only for the game to error out during the extraction tickdown. I really need medals okay

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Video Nasty posted:

I don't think this is always a kick. I was playing with friends earlier and it kicked me to my ship and it was the game doing it because everyone thought I had fully crashed. The servers started randomly kicking people including the host so we stopped playing.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

Basic Chunnel posted:

Word is that the latest COD lacked zombie mode (whatever that is) or didn’t have a sufficient one and the fuckin okies are coming in as a result, making GBS threads in the streets and leaving their mics on

Yeah, various journalists are writing articles that basically point out that COD Zombies, Destiny 2, and Payday 3 all suck and have lost their playbase, and speculate that the "Reddit Meta Sweatlords" that usually clog those games up are making the pub game of high difficulty matches in Hell Divers terrible.

It's a noble purpose, being the load bearing member of sweatlords I don't want to play with, so I hope they improve COD Zombies ASAP.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

I just saw some dude on tiktok running around with a crosshair up how do I do that

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

I haven't booted in Destiny since this game came out. What's the point, a cool surfboard?

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Video Nasty posted:

map selection never works for me. Maybe just q up for the difficulty you want to play

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

flashman posted:

I just saw some dude on tiktok running around with a crosshair up how do I do that

Probably an overlay. Some GPU software has it

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

flashman posted:

There's a setting to always show the crosshair, even when not aiming.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Basic Chunnel posted:

Getting pretty tired of running good missions with good pubbie crews (nobody accepts friend requests, perhaps indicating that I’m not very good) only for the game to error out during the extraction tickdown. I really need medals okay

Again! I’ve got maybe two complete missions for several hours of play. This sucks

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Been toying around with visual settings since this game has some rather nasty aliasing in certain spots. I have a 1080p monitor and a 4080 card.

What would be the more effective option for me to get the best image quality? Would I be better off using DLDSR to run the game at a higher resolution like 1440p or 4K on my monitor or would I be better off running at 1080p Native resolution or using the DLSS or Supersampling options?

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Can the slugger damage the exposed vents on Cannon/AA/Mortar Towers and Tanks?

Yes/no/no/yes. AA and Mortar vents are slightly more armoured for some reason but you can absolutely use the Slugger to take down a cannon if you need to.

BastardySkull
Apr 12, 2007

Decided to play some lower difficulties to get that sense of mayhem from people who are a bit newer at the game. Instead got put in a game with a guy who seemed to be throwing from the first minute. Called down 120 on where we landed, repeatedly team killing, then going in chat to ask for other people to be kicked. I hit da bricks, not fun. Had some other fun games tho. It shows that you can be level 50, play on Hard, and have everything unlocked but if you are playing the objective and your team are bananas you will still struggle.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Got someone in a game I hosted who was using some infinite grenade glitch so I kicked his rear end right before evac

Democracy is earned not stolen.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Tagichatn posted:

There's a setting to always show the crosshair, even when not aiming.

Where da hell is this

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Arc Hammer posted:

Been toying around with visual settings since this game has some rather nasty aliasing in certain spots. I have a 1080p monitor and a 4080 card.

What would be the more effective option for me to get the best image quality? Would I be better off using DLDSR to run the game at a higher resolution like 1440p or 4K on my monitor or would I be better off running at 1080p Native resolution or using the DLSS or Supersampling options?

Im not a hardware head by any means, and idk abt AA specifically, but if you’ve got the juice I find that quality DLSS at 2160x1728 is a good compromise bw fidelity and performance

haddedam
Feb 19, 2024

by Fluffdaddy
So much new content is added and here I am still 3 months to go to recover from rotator cuff surgery

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Fire tornadoes are either lightly drifting things that never bother me or intense zones of fire that engulf the area im in and never let me survive and im not sure why it can be different

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

flashman posted:

Where da hell is this

Whoops, yes, that would be useful information. It's under hud settings and set reticle visibility to visible.