Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Now he's Plastichand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

"You laughed at my hands Spider-Man! But you didn't consider that the meaning of 'plastic' is 'moldable'!
*reveals large stabby spikes*

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Uh Pete, where you going bud? Hammerhand is still twice the wardens size and they have no car, is the little guy just supposed to drag him back to prison?

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Prison Doctor: he said what? Do I look like I have a Boston Dynamics budget? Here *screws on two rusty metal hooks*

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Ikasuhito posted:

Uh Pete, where you going bud? Hammerhand is still twice the wardens size and they have no car, is the little guy just supposed to drag him back to prison?

A lovely 5 hour stroll where nothing can go wrong.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I figure the warden can always explain that a handless man would find it hard to find sustenance as he hides from the police in the wilderness.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Ikasuhito posted:

*taps thread title*

S40CheckingAccount
Jan 14, 2024
And even still, I wonder if Hammerhands could claim innocence. Just that he panicked, from seeing Spider-Man, who had previously traumatized him. It's not like there's any physical evidence left in his scrap-metaled hands.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

So... is Peter gonna get Aunt May's money back or did he forget that's the entire reason he's there?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Is Pete just ... loving around with a yo-yo there?
What the hell is that?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Jerusalem posted:

So... is Peter gonna get Aunt May's money back or did he forget that's the entire reason he's there?

Sadly the sole account decryption key was stored inside Hammerhand's hammer hands. Better luck next time, Spidey!

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
Hammer hand: beats the poo poo out of Peter with his massive metallic hands

Writer: Uhhh... gently caress. How does he get out of this? Oh I know!

Hammer hand: hands are now able to be bent into funny directions and apparently lose most of their mass?

Spider Man: hah! All I had to do was bend those hands, and suddenly they're not 40lb mallets, somehow!

Hammer hand: Blast! You discovered my weakness: bending my massive hammer hands suddenly makes them into nearly weightless tin foil! I'll get you next time, spider man! :argh:

Honestly, NSM is like a wizard that has no idea what is happening and just accidentally changes reality to make things ok without even realizing it

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

S40CheckingAccount posted:

And even still, I wonder if Hammerhands could claim innocence. Just that he panicked, from seeing Spider-Man, who had previously traumatized him. It's not like there's any physical evidence left in his scrap-metaled hands.

Sure, but he still took the warren hostage and escaped prison, dude's gonna get big extra jail time. The Hammergoons will probably notice a lack of hammerposts in the irc and will start spending Aunt May's money on frivolous poo poo

Pulsarcat
Feb 7, 2012

Hammerhand should just keep showing up with different crime hammerhands.

Like there is a rash of people being hypnotized by eating omelets from a new restaurant, and when Spider-Man arrives he finds Hammerhand in the kitchen wearing a chef hat, and it turns out he installed evil whisks in his hands to make crime omelets.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Pulsarcat posted:

Hammerhand should just keep showing up with different crime hammerhands.

Like there is a rash of people being hypnotized by eating omelets from a new restaurant, and when Spider-Man arrives he finds Hammerhand in the kitchen wearing a chef hat, and it turns out he installed evil whisks in his hands to make crime omelets.

Condiment King is furiously scribbling notes in the corner

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Ikasuhito posted:

I only wish I had the confidence of these physically average guys when they decide to throw down with Spider-Man.

It's a common sentiment

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Hey yeah what about Aunt May's life savings (and Peter and MJ's $100)?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Murdstone posted:

:allears: now, much like their dog, there's a hacker villain somewhere in the comic, ready to show up out of nowhere when we least remember, or probably never show up once the writer forgets.

e: hold on this is the origin for NEWSPAPER CYBERTOOTH https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Yen_Hsieh_(Earth-616)
Some jobber in the main comics that fought the west coast avengers for 4 to 6 issues in 1991. Written by Roy Thomas :allears:

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Mar 16, 2024

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

:laffo: at that villain name

I think Cyber-Tooth has reached a new level of obscurity online, I can't even find as much information as the small amount Hammerhand "did you mean: Hammerhead" has out there.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I love that the suspense in NSM is never "Oh golly! How is Spider-Man gonna get out of this pickle?!"
but rather, "wait is Pete really just gonna forget about Aunt May's life savings and also leave a prison warden stranded several miles into the woods and also what about his rental car?"

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Rentals hosed. It's a wonder any rental place let's Pete through the door with his history.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Lol, I forgot about the rental too. He deserves to be blacklisted for that one, aggressive illegal driving and attempting to pass unsafely. Better to stick to public transportation, Pete!

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
she has a bunch of boyfriends. 70's mj makes no pretense of monogamy.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

And considering how Peter is liable to keep running away with poor excuse I say: good for her.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Sockser posted:

I love that the suspense in NSM is never "Oh golly! How is Spider-Man gonna get out of this pickle?!"
but rather, "wait is Pete really just gonna forget about Aunt May's life savings and also leave a prison warden stranded several miles into the woods and also what about his rental car?"

It's fine. Peter knows that whenever he leaves a rental car somewhere, JJJ or some car thieves will come by and take it back for him.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Murdstone posted:

*stumbles into the room with pants around ankles* NEXT: CYBERTOOTH!!

r... remember?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

MorningMoon posted:

e: hold on this is the origin for NEWSPAPER CYBERTOOTH https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Yen_Hsieh_(Earth-616)
Some jobber in the main comics that fought the west coast avengers for 4 to 6 issues in 1991. Written by Roy Thomas :allears:

Oh my. Now this is a deep cut.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

:lol: I love how scattershot the site is with it's info. This seems to be the grand total of Hammerhand's physical contribution.

(You will note that his name doesn't have a link to his own page)

Meanwhile, Horace Smithson (the dude who convinced Spidey to help the fake charity) has his own character page.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Horace_Smithson_(Earth-77013)

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Wait Hammerhand's goon has a page, but not him.

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

Reminded me of NSM

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The strip reminding us of the important lesson that people out of prison can never reform and will always go back to being criminals every single time without exception so it's a mistake to ever take a chance on hiring one.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
And that's just the kind of tough-on-crime thinking we need from our next senator!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Haifisch posted:

And that's just the kind of tough-on-crime thinking we need from our next senator!

Oh come on now Haifisch, when was the last time you heard a candidate for Senator saying they were pro-Law & Order? :rolleyes:

It's just not something politicians do!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Peter, love you taking action like this, but why'd you even tip the car then

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

MorningMoon posted:

Peter, love you taking action like this, but why'd you even tip the car then

You see, none of this would have worked out if the public didn't see Yates political career in SHAMBLES over an overturned car. In this universe, it's the belief that Yates may not be all that which gives an opening for Spidey to come to his office and find the criminal evidence needed to shut him down.

It's the butterfly effect from chaos theory but stupider.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

One of the top rules of criming is do not write down your crimes. I think it's only second to do not tell anyone about your crimes.

Apparently, he didn't.

Luckily, Hammerhand just kept the money in one spot nicely organized by victim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Murdstone posted:

Luckily, Hammerhand just kept the money in one spot nicely organized by victim.

It's like how villains always make an antidote for their poison, or put a self destruct button in their doomsday device. In case of ???? press function to reimburse victims.