Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I have to imagine being a wrestling promoter is stressful as poo poo because at any moment your talent can just be unavailable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

KungFu Grip posted:

both men are not what they are from years ago

one of them is

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Shibata is still fine and I’m happy he has a job and still gets to wrestle but he’s obviously not the killer he used to be.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

yea ok posted:

one of them is

actually im right but in the wrong way because danielson was in wwe years ago so maybe danielson is actually better

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
oh yeah that house of black vs infantry match was absolute rear end

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Need a good name to show how we don’t like the Infantry

How about Indifferentry

KungFu Grip posted:

thought the collision crowd was kinda bad last night. even when there was chants they felt muffled and quiet i dunno. also think i might have over hyped myself on what a shibata/danielson match would like since it was a dream match and both men are not what they are from years ago

The crowd giving ZERO reaction to that disgusting submission Trish put Julia in was what caused me to complain about them in the GDT.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

KungFu Grip posted:

oh yeah that house of black vs infantry match was absolute rear end

House of Black sucks, almost everyone from WWE Tony signed in that time is washed and lame

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

NienNunb posted:

Shibata is still fine and I’m happy he has a job and still gets to wrestle but he’s obviously not the killer he used to be.

He's the same. People just say stuff like this because America isn't Japan

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

what a strong dollar does to a mf

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I think a big part of Shibata's aura in New Japan that doesn't translate to America is A )how he was shot. B) He seems like a guy that was probably just pissed off at the world in his 20s and 30s and has just chilled out in his 40s.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted:

He's the same. People just say stuff like this because America isn't Japan

Absolutely not but it’s okay. He shouldn’t have to do that stuff anymore, he’s old and his brain has been taken out and put back in. He’s earned his right to wrestle Danhausen.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Tony not having Danhausen do a perfect copy of Toru Yano for his act should really be the biggest indictment of his booking and taste in wrestling

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I like Danhausen he could absolutely be used well if Tony didn’t have buyers remorse for him. Let him do his Svengoolie schtick. Give him a dumb little talk show. SEE ALSO: Chuck Taylor

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Kill RJ City and have Danhausen do all that stuff.

But not really, RJ City is the thinking man's Danhausen and just better. Let RJ wrestle.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Suck Failor

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

You simply don’t know what you’re talking about, this is pure ignorance. I blame the British public school system.

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

Trish Adora needs to ditch The Infantry, piss poor gimmick gently caress the troops

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that sounds like suck the poops

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://x.com/TQSherwood/status/1769151436510601705?s=20

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

me and who??

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

drat pandemic era looking attendance head rear end

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Shard posted:

drat pandemic era looking attendance head rear end

"tony khan saved wrestling" sign in front of a whole lotta fans dressed up as empty seats lol

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
*Sees WWE crowd*

Now this is good wrestling!!!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Tony Khan did save wrestling, except for the times when he's being cringe, like with his Tiny Tony Tournaments.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Bologna Yawn

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

NienNunb posted:

Bologna Yawn

god that probably smells awful

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Shard posted:

god that probably smells awful

The olfactory equivalent to watching Rampage

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Attendance is down because Tony keeps forgetting to tell people the show is on 😔

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Attendance is down because Tony keeps forgetting to tell people the show is on 😔

Have we considered the possibility that he's shy about showing people his matches?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Tony is neurodivergent and literally a minor

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

AEW should rent out the WWE Thunderdome for a while

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

what do darby allin and mt everest have in common? "climb-it change"

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://www.f4wonline.com/podcasts/punch-out/jnpo-aew-q4-investors-call-wrestlenomics-brandon-thurston-tony-khan

What the gently caress is this?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

josh nason's radio show that is hosted on f4wonline

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Eat My Fuc posted:

House of Black sucks, almost everyone from WWE Tony signed in that time is washed and lame

It's honestly kind of wild. Other than Swerve, Toni Storm, Danielson, and Joe, everyone who came over from WWE during that 2021-22 period has been just killed.

Keith Lee is dead, Miro is on another planet, Malakai and Buddy are jokes, Andrade said "gently caress this", Ruby is non-existant, Taya and Athena are banished to ROH, Roddy was an actual joke character until about a month ago, Claudio has been ok I guess, Stokley is completely irrelevant.

Cole is featured at least, but was also in two of the worst feuds all of last year.

It's impossible to get invested in any wrestlers in this company, because outside of like 10 guys, who knows when someone could just vanish for months.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Fish Of Doom posted:

It's honestly kind of wild. Other than Swerve, Toni Storm, Danielson, and Joe, everyone who came over from WWE during that 2021-22 period has been just killed.

Keith Lee is dead, Miro is on another planet, Malakai and Buddy are jokes, Andrade said "gently caress this", Ruby is non-existant, Taya and Athena are banished to ROH, Roddy was an actual joke character until about a month ago, Claudio has been ok I guess, Stokley is completely irrelevant.

Cole is featured at least, but was also in two of the worst feuds all of last year.

Athena is one of the best ROH champs of all time.

Also Taya as a "WWE person" is certainly a choice.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
"Been ok I guess"? Claudio has loving ruled.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i'm pretty invested in a lot of wrestlers in aew. i have what scientists call "object permanence", so when a wrestler is downcycled, i don't suddenly forget everything that happened beforehand

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Stokely, Claudio, and my baby boy Kyle are very good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Pictured: The entirety of Taya Valkyrie's WWE career