Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rental Sting
Aug 14, 2013

it is not the first time I have been racist in the name of my own mistake and sadly probably not the last
I've seen these save for the Potter and Fassbinder ones and lemme tell you, they are great picks. Night of the Hunter blew me away when I first saw it a couple of years ago. Probably the best movie directed by a guy who only directed one movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
The economics of "Footlight Parade" don't make the even the slightest bit of sense. Talkies have killed Broadway musicals, but somehow James Cagney's business partners are making a killing on "prologues", live-action musical comedies performed before the movie. And there are somehow economies of scale on these things! Everyone in the 1930s was a goddamn moron is the main thing I'm getting from this film.

Also none of these people can dance. Just garbage dancing.

These songs loving suck too

OK, the synchronized swimming number is pretty impressive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRqcZcrgPaU

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Mar 17, 2024

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

I can agree with Night of the Hunter being a great movie, but Bringing Up Baby was torture. I think Will has generally pretty bad taste in movies

In a similar vein, it was a little disappointing to read Matt's glowing review of The Avengers on Letterboxd, a social media site for film reviews and discussion:

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Wizard Master did you write that review yourself and is this some ruse to slander the name of Matt Christman? Otherwise I’m going to assume post-stroke Matt wrote this and the time stamp of 2012 is some computer chicanery

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

WM's magnum opus

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

I can agree with Night of the Hunter being a great movie, but Bringing Up Baby was torture. I think Will has generally pretty bad taste in movies

He does.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
Hesse chose Bringing up Baby iirc.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
i trust hesse since she like me laughed their rear end off at beau is affraid,

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

i say swears online posted:

WM's magnum opus

Wizard Master.... Will Menaker....

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Wizard Master posted:

In a similar vein, it was a little disappointing to read Matt's glowing review of The Avengers on Letterboxd, a social media site for film reviews and discussion:

Christman is not a singularity he is a human being, who are known to change over their lifespans.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
com on, it was 2012, that was the last year slurp like avengers had actual sugar on it

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
when he comes back he can review Madame Web.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
There are a lot of people who liked the Marvel slop until it overtook all of culture and became the only things ever shown in theaters. Whom amongst us.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Yeah those early marvel movies are still fine. Them becoming what they did was the issue.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I can't remember if I've ever seen a canon marvel movie but the magneto prison scenes in xmen 2 were good

looks like I've seen GotG and Deadpool, I guess they're canon

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

the funnier one is him giving 4 stars to Zero Dark Thirty

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

He actually thought/thinks it’s a powerful indictment of torture lmao.

“How anyone could watch this film and come away jazzed about the righteousness of American violence is honestly beyond me.”

:allears:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

maaaarge, the internet found out about my pre-woke period

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

the funnier one is him giving 4 stars to Zero Dark Thirty

I mean if you actually read what he said it’s a good review

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

i'd call four stars a pretty good review, yeah

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

He actually thought/thinks it’s a powerful indictment of torture lmao.

“How anyone could watch this film and come away jazzed about the righteousness of American violence is honestly beyond me.”

:allears:

I unironically enjoyed Lone Survivor for accurately showing Navy Seals getting owned by the brave Taliban fighters.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

The REAL Goobusters posted:

I mean if you actually read what he said it’s a good review

He just goes on about how Jessica Chastain is a smokeshow, what is this

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Congrats to the goon who made the joke about Stonetoss looking like Big Red last week, Felix joke stealer confirmed

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

"I have been on satellite radio," Felix
"Ooooh, hot shot," Charles

Got 'em

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

https://youtu.be/j5y3NQi_RAY

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Eric Alper sounds like the katana unboxing guy

E: f;b. this counts as me getting the joke first.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Eve Fartlow heh

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Big Red in the back with so much soul, make snacks and o-per-ate the remote control, yall ain't gotta hate on the way I roll, if you wanna pick a movie just vote in the poll

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
My first thought was that "She was on a podcast with some tweetdeck guy you've never heard of" is not a compelling reason to remind me that Eve Fartlow exists, but they made a decent bit out of it.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Felix not mentioning he was on one of those 12 people streams and Destiny embarrassed himself trying to claim Virgil's Mayor Pete Salo tweet was homophobic (because he didn't know what Salo is). I actually forgot Destiny was almost my age and older than Felix because the way he acted I figured he was early 20s. Same with the clips with Norm he acts like a child in every one.

Most insane bit was when he said Finkelstein lied about the IDF killing of four children on a beach and said the reality was they'd just exited a known "Hamas compound" which they "operated out of". They were playing hide and seek in an old fisherman's shack which was witnessed by a bunch of journalists.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Mar 20, 2024

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

those old streams like the Rajj Royale were amazing

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Groovelord Neato posted:

Felix not mentioning he was on one of those 12 people streams and Destiny embarrassed himself trying to claim Virgil's Mayor Pete Salo tweet was homophobic (because he didn't know what Salo is). I actually forgot Destiny was almost my age and older than Felix because the way he acted I figured he was early 20s. Same with the clips with Norm he acts like a child in every one.

Most insane bit was when he said Finkelstein lied about the IDF killing of four children on a beach and said the reality was they'd just exited a known "Hamas compound" which they "operated out of". They were playing hide and seek in an old fisherman's shack which was witnessed by a bunch of journalists.

Jesus this is cursed.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Destiny and his following seem to genuinely believe that the winner of any argument is the person who says the most words. I'm not going to pretend it doesn't enrage me. He's a thoroughly rotten human being with nothing to offer the world and an example of the fame and wealth you can achieve in AmeriKKKa by being a thoroughly rotten human being with nothing to offer the world.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I know destiny is a streamer but did he get a following by actually playing games.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Seams posted:

I know destiny is a streamer but did he get a following by actually playing games.

he's much more popular as a commentator but I don't know anything about him before 2019

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Seams posted:

he was a top Starcraft 2 player and got a following by arguing and whining at people while streaming SC2

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
im surprised no one has brought up the destiny lawyer bit from a few years ago. he got into it with some lawyers online, made up something, and then proceeded to embarrass himself further by taking a practice lsat and not making it past question 2 after 2 hours.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

Phone posted:

im surprised no one has brought up the destiny lawyer bit from a few years ago. he got into it with some lawyers online, made up something, and then proceeded to embarrass himself further by taking a practice lsat and not making it past question 2 after 2 hours.

Lol is there a link to this or anything

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

If you get to a question on a test you don’t know the answer to you’re supposed to skip it and come back to it when you’re done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lol

https://www.reddit.com/r/uncensorstiny/comments/k9qk0v/destiny_tries_to_take_the_lsat_to_prove_it_easy/