Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassTran
Feb 27, 2015

HallelujahLee posted:

thank you hamas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Al-Saqr posted:

holy poo poo Hamas killed the israeli commanding officer responsible for sieging and attacking al-shifa hospital (the hospital israel said had shadow moses under it but all they did was literally kill oncubator babies) a nazi by the name of Yitzhar Hoffman, and just published a video of them sending out a sniper team, tracking him down, setting up the sniping team then blasting his head off while he was chilling surrounded by IDF troopers and tanks.

Good.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Israel has a reputation of being very sensitive to casualties, and they've certainly done their best to suppress news of losses as much as possible, but it seems like they've held up so far despite a lot of killed and wounded (compared to their past operations). Is there any sign that military casualties are having an effect on public morale or support for the war at all? It's clear at this point that no number of Palestinians killed by an offensive into Rafah will affect the Israeli public, but it could also lead to a spike in IOF losses as well.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

lol

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Hitler origin story?

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

*unreal tournament voice*
HEADSHOT

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 20 days!

Al-Saqr posted:

holy poo poo Hamas killed the israeli commanding officer responsible for sieging and attacking al-shifa hospital (the hospital israel said had shadow moses under it but all they did was literally kill oncubator babies) a nazi by the name of Yitzhar Hoffman, and just published a video of them sending out a sniper team, tracking him down, setting up the sniping team then blasting his head off while he was chilling surrounded by IDF troopers and tanks.

And his mom was like "hmm I think this means we should fight until everyone else's sons are dead, too"

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Lol if I woke up tomorrow in the IDF I would dig a hole and never come out.

"Get out of the hole shlolmo" "no .. I'm um. I'm looking for Hamas"

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

Al-Saqr posted:

wont be confirming this because I choose to believe it is true

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Dolash posted:

Israel has a reputation of being very sensitive to casualties, and they've certainly done their best to suppress news of losses as much as possible, but it seems like they've held up so far despite a lot of killed and wounded (compared to their past operations). Is there any sign that military casualties are having an effect on public morale or support for the war at all? It's clear at this point that no number of Palestinians killed by an offensive into Rafah will affect the Israeli public, but it could also lead to a spike in IOF losses as well.

it’s certainly doing something to israeli society, such as the example of this guy who wants a full on apocalyptic war in the north decimating tel aviv because

quote:

“I can’t drink my morning coffee and see the yellow flag of Hezbollah flying in a village across the border,”

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

Mandel Brotset posted:

I haven't seen the video but this guy's death was announced last month. It's all true, he was Major and (among others) led the operation in Al-Shifa.

https://www.ynet.co.il/news/article/sky4kl00qa

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer
My general stance is that Hamas is truthful and Israel is lying

The only exception is when the idf describes pissing and making GBS threads their pants in fear when they see a 2 year old Palestinian within 100 metres of a rock, then I believe them

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

Soapy_Bumslap posted:

My general stance is that Hamas is truthful and Israel is lying

TrekBek
Mar 27, 2013

slug life

Sancho Banana posted:

I haven't seen the video but this guy's death was announced last month. It's all true, he was Major and (among others) led the operation in Al-Shifa.

if you remember the video of the two soldiers watching a bulldozer, and then one gets sniped in the spine and drops like a rock while the other runs away? he's apparently the sniped guy.

which, idk, i would have thought majors had more important things to do than "supervise" a bulldozer.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Grem posted:

And his mom was like "hmm I think this means we should fight until everyone else's sons are dead, too"

gently caress you (dont) got mine (and you shouldn't either)

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Sometimes it's food poisoning, not fear.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Al-Saqr posted:

:stoked:

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer

Al-Saqr posted:

Hamas has bridged the Tier 1 Operator gap, repeat,

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Soapy_Bumslap posted:

Hamas has bridged the Tier 1 Operator gap, repeat,

Uh, no? They hit a military target

How!
Oct 29, 2009

Al-Saqr posted:

I wish you could post the link

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
It is kind of mindblowing how bad of an army the IDF appears to be as far as like, tactics, not getting yourselves blown up, strategies to avoid ambushes and other things that seem important to not getting bogged down in a Vietnam-type stalemate against an asymmetrical force with a superior lay of the land

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Dokapon Findom posted:

It is kind of mindblowing how bad of an army the IDF appears to be as far as like, tactics, not getting yourselves blown up, strategies to avoid ambushes and other things that seem important to not getting bogged down in a Vietnam-type stalemate against an asymmetrical force with a superior lay of the land

If you keep walking into booby trapped tunnels you get to count them in your Hamas Tunnels Destroyed stats

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005

Dokapon Findom posted:

Yeah with a bit of thought it makes sense, cause coddled fascist babies who've primarily been prison guards for their country's history aren't going to be great a soldiering, but it's still kind of absurd just how incompetent they've been and how much that has squandered the advantages they started with prior to Oct 7th.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Dokapon Findom posted:

They're a stag weekend paintball team with live ammo.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

TrekBek posted:

if you remember the video of the two soldiers watching a bulldozer, and then one gets sniped in the spine and drops like a rock while the other runs away? he's apparently the sniped guy.

which, idk, i would have thought majors had more important things to do than "supervise" a bulldozer.

how many of these do you watch a day

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Mandel Brotset posted:

it does appear to be true

speng31b
May 8, 2010

TrekBek posted:

if you remember the video of the two soldiers watching a bulldozer, and then one gets sniped in the spine and drops like a rock while the other runs away?

How! posted:

I wish you could post the link

advising against this type of post

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Malloc Voidstar posted:

seems very real

I wonder if that Lebanese migrant was put up to it by a Mossad officer :thunk:

no I'm sure he actually made his way to the US border before idiotically admitting he wanted to blow things up and was a member of hezbollah

TrekBek
Mar 27, 2013

slug life

Cuttlefush posted:

how many of these do you watch a day

hamas and hezbollah release videos of military operations pretty much every week. it was mainly a pretty fascinating look into how they actually make the ghoul sniper rifles.

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Why would the army incentivize good habits, which suck, and you have to discipline people into doing, when up to this point their belief has always been the air force will just bomb everything into oblivion?

Grilled Beef
Oct 27, 2023

Mandel Brotset posted:

it is true, it was revealed to me in a dream

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

Why would the army incentivize good habits, which suck, and you have to discipline people into doing, when up to this point their belief has always been the air force will just bomb everything into oblivion?

I mean it's becoming a North Korea type situation where the air force has in fact bombed everything into oblivion yet the other side keeps fighting back anyway.

That didn't go so hot for the UN (lol) forces 75 years ago either.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
i think its bad to soothe your impotent rage by watching idf soldiers get got, simply appreciate that they are getting got

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Al-Saqr posted:

hell loving yes

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sancho Banana posted:

Thank you for helping confirm this. So glad he is dead.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

It's cool that Hamas can manufacture the rifles used to kill the shithead themselves. I wonder if it's just Palestinians acquiring the requisite metalworking / gunsmithing knowledge or if there's any tech stuff that makes it easier for them to make something like this now (3D printed lathes or some such?).

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

FuzzySlippers posted:

It's cool that Hamas can manufacture the rifles used to kill the shithead themselves. I wonder if it's just Palestinians acquiring the requisite metalworking / gunsmithing knowledge or if there's any tech stuff that makes it easier for them to make something like this now (3D printed lathes or some such?).

It is the materials strong enough for the task that is the largest hurdle, then you just need a machine shop and some ingenuity.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
Give Hamas Diamond Carbide Bits

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

FuzzySlippers posted:

Qassam brigades apparently have confirmed a 1800m kill with it, too. Pretty nutso accuracy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Al-Saqr posted:

Hamas is cool as poo poo