Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Just got off the phone with an urgent care nurse who was very patient but clearly thought I was a hypochondriac wasting her time with hantavirus questions lol

Thought an open garage door on a garage that sees regular use was probably enough circulation, used the phrase "very very very rare" multiple times in a 5-minute conversation, etc

but if I die I'll let you guys know and we can set the counter back to zero

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

loquacius posted:

Just got off the phone with an urgent care nurse who was very patient but clearly thought I was a hypochondriac wasting her time with hantavirus questions lol

Thought an open garage door on a garage that sees regular use was probably enough circulation, used the phrase "very very very rare" multiple times in a 5-minute conversation, etc

why would you call urgent care and not look at the CDC's website lol

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Incubation period on that baby is maybe 24-48 hours so it'll kick off shortly or not at all

These were very old turds though and my wife (anxiety veteran) just sent me an article claiming hantavirus survives for 2 or 3 days at room temperature so only active infestations can cause it. I think I'm probably gonna live out the week but again will livepost the emergency room if it comes to that

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

loquacius posted:

lol i was only kinda joking, but for real you should wear masks+gloves when working in wild rat/mouse nest areas. then clean tools afterwards. it's not like super super common, but it's not that extremely 1 in 1 million kinda rare chance either

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

mawarannahr posted:

why would you call urgent care and not look at the CDC's website lol

I did that first but it said the fatality rate was 40% so I was like maybe a phone call too

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

loquacius posted:

I did that first but it said the fatality rate was 40% so I was like maybe a phone call too

that nurse probably thought you were a crazy mask person scared to live your life because of Covid

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
would be extremely goony to go bankrupt becuase you inhaled mouse turds

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
I once cleaned up mouse turds with a shop vac, then only after found out about the hanta virus thing. Had to throw the drat vacuum out! :(

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Smythe posted:

filth is what made our ancestors strong. you think racist grandpa with the Strong Hands fished up an n95? think again.

inhaling a big barrel of mouse turds to become more racist

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Dokapon Findom posted:

I once cleaned up mouse turds with a shop vac, then only after found out about the hanta virus thing. Had to throw the drat vacuum out! :(

No one ever tells you about the extremely rare and deadly mouse turd disease BEFORE you roll around in a big pile of mouse turds

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

thread not being very peaceful at the moment... very sad...

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

loquacius posted:

No one ever tells you about the extremely rare and deadly mouse turd disease BEFORE you roll around in a big pile of mouse turds

everyone knows about this. it was on house

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Cuttlefush posted:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I didn't watch House though

Amend that post to read "no one except prickly genius Dr Gregory House"

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

loquacius posted:

I didn't watch House though

and now he wont be here to fix you

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Cuttlefush posted:

great show

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Jose posted:

Making sad threads is fun

i think you did good

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

There has never been a hantavirus diagnosis in New Jersey history

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

the episode where house takes lsd so he can do surgery is fun. why was he even doing surgery in the first place

Son of Sorrow
Aug 8, 2023

My body is very strong thanks to right living and cultivation of Qi. I can huff any amount of mouse turds without any negative effects, piles as tall as a man are nothing to me.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

loquacius posted:

yeah you really shoulda checked https://www.cdc.gov/hantavirus/surveillance/index.html first. you're gonna make it

but your lungs are full of rat poo poo. and you wont clear that all out for 7 years or so

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags

Son of Sorrow posted:

My body is very strong thanks to right living and cultivation of Qi. I can huff any amount of mouse turds without any negative effects, piles as tall as a man are nothing to me.
water up, mouse turds down

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

loquacius posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiUuEeA5aKo

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

True story, Bruce was actually completely covered in mouse droppings when he wrote that song

It's part of his process

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

loquacius posted:

Lol

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

loquacius posted:

yeah it's pretty much just west of the mississippi

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Speaking as someone in the nearly-killed-by-rare-infectious-disease club, the new kid has to bring snacks to the next meeting. Be forewarned.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
anyone doing anything fun for st paddys?

making some soda bread with irish cheddar, mushy peas (smythe alert) and potato-leek-cabbage soup but otherwise no drunken guinness debauchery this year, gotta work tomorrow.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Xaris posted:

anyone doing anything fun for st paddys?

making some soda bread with irish cheddar, mushy peas (smythe alert) and potato-leek-cabbage soup but otherwise no drunken guinness debauchery this year, gotta work tomorrow.

I'm working

You know what I really hate? When someone pulls up in a Benz, gives me an ID out of their Gucci wallet or purse, and has the balls to complain about the price to treat their animal

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Lib and let die posted:

I'm working

You know what I really hate? When someone pulls up in a Benz, gives me an ID out of their Gucci wallet or purse, and has the balls to complain about the price to treat their animal

if they spent all their money at the vet they couldn't afford the gucci

though I bet the benz is a cheap one

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

if they spent all their money at the vet they couldn't afford the gucci

though I bet the benz is a cheap one

exactly, buy the entry level model and act like a king, many such cases

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

loquacius posted:

eastern mice weak, sad, unwilling to kill

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Just poured myself a Guinness that was less than 100% ice cold... May not recover from this one

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

guinness isn't very good so i can see why you need it ice cold

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Jose posted:

guinness isn't very good so i can see why you need it ice cold

It's even worse in the US

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

im going to go to bed early i think

my_custom_username
Nov 30, 2023

lobster shirt posted:

im going to go to bed early i think

I've been going to bed at 9 recently, been making me feel p on top of my poo poo. Might make this a regular thing

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Guinness has a good texture but the taste isn't good by modern standards. Def needs ice cold

Modern nitro stouts have far eclipsed sad aging Guinness

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

loquacius posted:

Guinness has a good texture but the taste isn't good by modern standards. Def needs ice cold

Modern nitro stouts have far eclipsed sad aging Guinness

I like guinness what should I buy instead at the store

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

I like guinness what should I buy instead at the store

white claw