Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I was already planning to start a new save file (because quite frankly, I'm still playing the very first farm I made when I bought the game ~8 years ago). 1.6 is just an excuse for a fresh start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Bad Purchase posted:

get perfection now, quick, before all the new stuff goes in and it's even harder!

(i've done it twice on the current version, though, it's not too bad. and once was on the switch without any quality of life mods at all.)

I got Perfection while running SVE and a bunch of other mods, one of which added a bunch of new fish.

Took forever, but I did it!

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

ILL Machina posted:

Didn't forget to get the daily snapshot mod when you go to start again. Watching the farm grow in time lapse after a year or whatever is quite nice. And you can post them here for us to see

Ooo that's cool. Will have to check it out.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Mar 16, 2024

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
I'm definitely starting a new one, because I haven't played in years and this is the kind of game that I can't pick back up if I lose my place, so to speak.

I really want to go all-in on jams and jellies and wines. Grow a few patches of fruits, and have a big orchard take up the rest of the farm. Maybe not even have any animals, tho that will make the community center harder.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Kegs are easy. Casks are the bottleneck.

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

My Skull Cavern Elevator mod is acting up and I need to figure out which mod is screwing with it because frankly there is no way on this gay Earth I'm gonna do that poo poo normal

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

Doc Fission posted:

My Skull Cavern Elevator mod is acting up and I need to figure out which mod is screwing with it because frankly there is no way on this gay Earth I'm gonna do that poo poo normal

my mom does

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023

Does she know mods exist

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

Your Uncle Dracula posted:

Does she know mods exist

If she plays on Switch, she knows.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Skull Cavern elevator is lame. The whole point of the cavern is that you have to plan out an expedition and spend all day on the deep dive. It's the only time I worry about food bonuses, daily luck, explosives, all kinds of late game mechanics.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Skull Cavern is about being yourself and having fun and getting swarmed by those Spicy Boys

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Your Uncle Dracula posted:

Does she know mods exist

we do not exist and cannot hurt you

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Mr. Prokosch posted:

Skull Cavern elevator is lame. The whole point of the cavern is that you have to plan out an expedition and spend all day on the deep dive. It's the only time I worry about food bonuses, daily luck, explosives, all kinds of late game mechanics.

On the other hand, it's a stressful activity in an otherwise very chill game. Anything that makes it less nerve-wracking is a plus.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I "cheated" and brought a stack of stairs with me to the Skull Cavern. :evilbuddy:

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023

HopperUK posted:

we do not exist and cannot hurt you

She didn’t know about mods, but mods knew about her…

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://twitter.com/ConcernedApe/status/1769054765693173953

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Well there's one mod off my list

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I was going to say. I must have a mod that does that.

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

excited to produce many bottles of whatever gets me closest visually to Baja Blast

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Everything in this update is a banger.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
So uh starfruit wine will finally resemble the wine I actually drink? (My wife's meds interact real bad with red so we only drink white)

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Doc Fission posted:

excited to produce many bottles of whatever gets me closest visually to Baja Blast

Concerned Ape let me put Radioactive Ore in the Kegs

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

ILL Machina posted:

Didn't forget to get the daily snapshot mod when you go to start again. Watching the farm grow in time lapse after a year or whatever is quite nice. And you can post them here for us to see

this is a really good idea. do you know off hand if it works in co-op and/or if it has to be run on host or clientside or whatever

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

So two new giant chests filled with every type of wine and jelly/pickle possible including the unspecific ones from the traveling cart, got it!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Tars Tarkas posted:

So two new giant chests filled with every type of wine and jelly/pickle possible including the unspecific ones from the traveling cart, got it!

The unspecified wine can be made from grapes. It just makes “wine”, not “grape wine”.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Psion posted:

this is a really good idea. do you know off hand if it works in co-op and/or if it has to be run on host or clientside or whatever

https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/4779

Idk the answers to your questions. I would guess host since it triggers when you leave the house the first time each day.

Filox
Oct 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Solumin posted:

I'm definitely starting a new one, because I haven't played in years and this is the kind of game that I can't pick back up if I lose my place, so to speak.

I really want to go all-in on jams and jellies and wines. Grow a few patches of fruits, and have a big orchard take up the rest of the farm. Maybe not even have any animals, tho that will make the community center harder.

Randomize community center bundles and put in the right random seed and you won't get the animal products bundle in the CC. I've got a couple of numbers, if you want.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Filox posted:

Randomize community center bundles and put in the right random seed and you won't get the animal products bundle in the CC. I've got a couple of numbers, if you want.

Actually yeah, that would be great! I was worried I'd have to rely on the traveling cart. Thanks!

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
https://x.com/ConcernedApe/status/1769495186638581761?s=20

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

And goons rejoice!

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Finally.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

:doit:

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

okay he's gone too far now

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
Nothing like winding up a long day of working on the farm by cracking open a nice cold jar of dinosaur mayonnaise.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I will guzzle void mayo until the game is legally forced to kill my farmer

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Nothing like winding up a long day of working on the farm by cracking open a nice cold jar of dinosaur mayonnaise.

All gave some, Littlefoot gave all.

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

It's what we deserve.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
https://x.com/Stardew__Shane/status/1769496072559395216?s=20

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

new thread title

Adbot