Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Time for me to redownload all my March madness apps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

This year's Florida team is high-variance, so they're either getting bounced in the first round by an underseeded Boise State, or going to the second weekend

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Gonzaga-McNeese is fascinating

Samford is going to be hell to play

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
UVA has no business in there but they're getting bounced in Dayton regardless

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Let's go Peacocks! Do it again!

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Houston vs Duke in the Sweet Sixteen :getin:

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

elentar posted:

UVA has no business in there but they're getting bounced in Dayton regardless

I’m going to laugh forever if this means Clemson gets left out somehow

e: though I guess Duke and NCSU would have been in separate brackets if that was the case

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The committee desperately needs people that can stay up late enough to watch Mountain West games.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Freaquency posted:

I’m going to laugh forever if this means Clemson gets left out somehow

agreed but i would be shocked

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Lmao who watched UVA at all this year and thought we need more of them

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

elentar posted:

agreed but i would be shocked

Yeah I realized that how its fallen so far probably means there’s one more ACC team besides UNC

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

UNC gonna get the softest bracket

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

elentar posted:

yep by a long way

jesus i expected they'd at least be paired with tennessee or iowa state

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

lol big east

https://x.com/nypost_brazille/status/1769492801518006751?s=46

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Honestly one of the better brackets Arizona has had, should be a fun thing to consider as they lose in the first round again.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

The 2nd best conference this year according to KenPom - the Big East - had all the bubble teams snubbed and then the perennial ball washing of the ACC and Big 10 gets teams like UVA and Michigan State in.

How is Alabama a 4 with UNC and Auburn a 4 with UConn? The S-Curve isn't real. Auburn was ranked 7 spots higher than them before the SEX title.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Auburn is under seeded. Feels like they gave UCONN one of the hardest brackets when they should be getting the easiest.

Cholmondeley
Sep 28, 2006

New World Orderly
Nap Ghost

ihatepants posted:

The 2nd best conference this year according to KenPom - the Big East - had all the bubble teams snubbed and then the perennial ball washing of the ACC and Big 10 gets teams like UVA and Michigan State in.

How is Alabama a 4 with UNC and Auburn a 4 with UConn? The S-Curve isn't real. Auburn was ranked 7 spots higher than them before the SEX title.

There's a bunch of weirdness this year. Every year has headscratchers, but this is excessive.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

sad that purdue didn't get matched against either seton hall or st. peters again

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
We got so much mileage out of beating Baylor in December. lmao at the pundits saying Michigan State has been playing better lately--we lost 5 of the last 7. Pays to be B1G

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Henchman of Santa posted:

We got so much mileage out of beating Baylor in December. lmao at the pundits saying Michigan State has been playing better lately--we lost 5 of the last 7. Pays to be B1G

Greg Sankey standing over the committee's shoulders scratching out any non SEC/B1G teams.

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

elentar posted:

Arizona is our number 2. Caleb Love would be happy to drop 40 on us.

More seriously there's no such thing as a soft bracket. The madness is here! Upsets for everyone! Your bracket won't survive day 1 and you know it.

If we make it to the sweet sixteen I'll consider it a good season.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Nearly all of the SEC teams seem screwed up. UT at 2 makes sense, Auburn should be a 3 or even a 2. Bama at 4 seems fine, USC should probably be a 5.

Auburn is #5 in NET. How they ended up as a 4 seed is crazy.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.

a neat cape posted:

UConn, FAU, and SDSU being in the same bracket lol

But the committee never makes matchups / potential matchups based on storylines! :rolleyes:

Gotta get A&M and their five quad 3 losses in though (yes, I know they have some good wins too but ugh)

ColdBlooded fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Mar 18, 2024

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021
Are we going to have a good bracket challenge again? It's always good.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
uconn getting the #1 overall and the hardest bracket is pretty nuts

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
no indiana state is a bummer. wanted to cream abdul jabar make a dominant tourney run

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

everything is set up for northwestern to lose to FAU but I choose to believe in Boo Buie having the magic in his fourth senior year.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Dickie V knows what's up
https://twitter.com/DickieV/status/1769501272183337176?t=Sk-WDVaiSQpk4CzSboanPg&s=19

loopsheloop
Oct 22, 2010
Nevada playing Arizona in the second round is a bad beat. But I will take NM and SDSU to the sweet sixteen :getin:

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Virginia is the easiest money on a play in loss. Refinance your houses

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
https://twitter.com/BFQuinn/status/1769493996307357709?t=g174aiT4if8HRek3b2bnrQ&s=19

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

ihatepants posted:

As an 11 team league......Big East teams play each other both home and away each year. The problem for all those BE bubble teams this year is that Depaul and Georgetown were so horrendously awful.....that their only two conference wins were Georgetown beating Depaul. For all the other teams in the conference.....they had four gimme conference games that count for basically zippo.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

the women have their own region of death

https://x.com/richarddeitsch/status/1769518058169589952?s=46

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

It’s bullshit that Oklahoma got left out even though they’ve sucked poo poo for the last month or so.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Times and channels

https://twitter.com/MM_MBB_TV/status/1769521159379247398?t=iVP_zVOLqcw_XZGlumWqKg&s=19

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

I wanted Brown nd Duquesne to win to break those 30/40+ year streaks of not making it, but at least half of that worked out! And you can't be too mad because that final Yale possession was just good basketball.

More importantly, gently caress yeah, Wolf Pack 10th seed! I haven't watched Dayton at all this year, are they good, great, mediocre, or something else?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

might have to take friday off

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Harlan on a second consecutive Purdue loss to a 16 would be magnificent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
And the Lord said, "Look, they are one people, and they have all one language; and this is only the beginning of what they will do; nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them.
Nebraska is playing Texas A&M in the first round of both the men's and women's tournaments. Wonder if that has happened before?