Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I respect an English VA, if only as an experession of confidence in your video game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Waffleman_ posted:

Oh no, we're getting English Terry again lmao

He didn't even ask Rock if he was okay :smith:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

Oh no, we're getting English Terry again lmao

When you said this I thought you meant like he sounded like he was Marquess of Southam and got real let down there was no, "My word, are you all right?"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

English VA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydRUmigKzJM

JP VA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v155cQtzhig

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

preecha looks cool. joe’s half-thai daughter or student?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Crying. it's been 25 years and the wild wolf is running again. It looks loving great.

Now show me B. Jenet you cowards.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
The models look pretty good in motion but I feel like they could tone down the hitsparks / special effects by like 50%

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Rock has both Power Geyser and the slashing part of Geese's dp+P :O

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

I wish they changed up the character designs juuust a bit more between games considering the way garou ended, as rock leaving terry to ally with kain would have a pretty big impact on all three parties. unless this is supposed to take place like a week after garou 1, but as was mentioned rock has more of his two dads’ moves in his repetoire implying some growth. still though its wild that we’re getting this game at all and I’m certainly not really complaining

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
snks 3d stuff has been pretty eh until the last kof and it feels like they're one game away from perfecting their own style. garou looks p sick.

the keyframing is so sick. maybe the best we've had in an actual like 3d-style 2d fighter so far?

anime was right fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Mar 18, 2024

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

it just has chunky hitstop

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/Sajam/status/1769550247003636098

seems like we'll be getting some hxh footage

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

god i had forgotten 2xko was called that

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Electric Phantasm posted:

He didn't even ask Rock if he was okay :smith:

He didn't say the line and now I'm definitely not ok

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Endorph posted:

https://twitter.com/Sajam/status/1769550247003636098

seems like we'll be getting some hxh footage

do they have the courage to give gon an install super...

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Vermain posted:

do they have the courage to give gon an install super...

Gon's level 3: You're invincible and you 1HKO everyone. After winning, you're not allowed to play again.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Gon can no longer be selected unless you erase your save data

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
I suck at all SNK so I'm really just here for the plot developments. :ohdear:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

For a moment I had forgotten that Gon is also the name of a HxH character, oh Fighting Games thread...

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
Are we talking about the cute little orange dinosaur?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Is DNF Duel worth picking up at 60% off if I like the aesthetic?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Here's the initial announcement trailer for City of Wolves that they released alongside the character trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJg7MhV2znQ

REV IT UP

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
City of the Wolves looks good. I haven’t gotten into SNK stuff since their flagship has been KoF and I’m not big on team fighters, but I’m willing to give it a shot. Nice artstyle too.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Looks like their TOP attacks are now Rev Blows, I guess TOP is gone

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Ibblebibble posted:

Is DNF Duel worth picking up at 60% off if I like the aesthetic?

If you have friends you can elbow into playing with you or if you're willing to get beat up a lot. I think it's pretty fun but my friends hated how kusoge it is. Some of them might have it from when it was an EGS freebie.

I wouldn't expect to rely on matchmaking, and it'll be tough to find new players at a similar level going on discords and stuff.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Jwong got to play it and uploaded a video explaining the mechanics (the video is b-roll they gave him since he couldn't record anything there)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3gnTpC4glM

Seems like it's pretty mechanically dense

*edit* he says that he didnt play with it but there is a modern control scheme available called "Smart Style"

Basticle fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Mar 18, 2024

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

everything from the art style, the new mechanics, to the music in the playthrough is a new pinnacle for SNK, stylistically just loving incredible. I already like Preecha a lot; "nerdy analytical MMA fighter chick" is something only SNK would come up with. I'm pretty sure she's a revision of the unused Garou 2 design of Joe's protege.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I wasn't exactly sure about the look during that first trailer but seeing it in motion in all these b-roll the game looks pretty cool. I would like to play it.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

I think I'm in for this, I never really got into KoF but I have fond memories of mucking around on random Fatal Fury arcade cabinets as a kid and the game looks rad as hell

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
TIL there were plans for Garou 2 right after the first one

https://www.fightersgeneration.com/news1/garou-may22.htm

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/gbvs_official/status/1770012585808797836?t=cmInJhrin2WLx60kdSndhg&s=19

That's one big normal.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Are people happy with how quickly Granblue's been getting new characters? I'm barely paying attention but it feels like that game has a new character every six weeks.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I think it’s great, if you have a six character season pass you don’t want to have folks waiting like a full year for it to be done.

Only reason I’m not playing Rising is Tekken 8 landed so satisfyingly for me, but I do want to go back.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Turns out you can get characters out pretty quickly when you're not spending your time charging people 25 dollars to dress their avatar they don't care about as a cartoon character

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
I'm also in the "Tekken 8 seized my brain" boat, but I am looking forward to getting back into GBF and seeing all these new characters kick my rear end.

Plus the pace of characters makes me hopeful I'll see some one else I'd want to play, like Ghandagoza or Dante.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

TGLT posted:

I'm also in the "Tekken 8 seized my brain" boat, but I am looking forward to getting back into GBF and seeing all these new characters kick my rear end.

Plus the pace of characters makes me hopeful I'll see some one else I'd want to play, like Ghandagoza or Dante.

I really want to see who the last two season one characters are, because there’s so many good options.

Nicholas or Hallesina would be fun from the whole inventor/Robomi plots they do periodically.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Tortolia posted:

I really want to see who the last two season one characters are, because there’s so many good options.

Nicholas or Hallesina would be fun from the whole inventor/Robomi plots they do periodically.

Supposedly they've already leaked, and one of the leaked ones has concept art posted on the official twitter so is fairly believable (it's the bubs of this game), and the other leak is a pretty popular character so either not that surprising or a safe guess if the leaks are pure speculation. Season 2 I expect will finish out the popular list with Sandalphon and Ilsa, but who knows beyond that. Nobody expected 2B, so I wouldn't even be surprised if it's Goldship for some reason.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Mar 19, 2024

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Sandalphon would basically pay for an entire season’s worth of character development by himself, that’s always been a when-not-if.

Also give us Meg :colbert:

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
Sandalphon in the striped shirt barista outfit

also gimme valentine's grimnir

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

chumbler posted:

Supposedly they've already leaked, and one of the leaked ones has concept art posted on the official twitter so is fairly believable (it's the bubs of this game), and the other leak is a pretty popular character so either not that surprising or a safe guess if the leaks are pure speculation. Season 2 I expect will finish out the popular list with Sandalphon and Ilsa, but who knows beyond that. Nobody expected 2B, so I wouldn't even be surprised if it's Goldship for some reason.

specifically since you didn't mention them
the two unannounced characters with entries in the game's data files are rein/versusia from story mode and vikala