Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

The Locator posted:

Your army of minions makes the wraithlord massively stronger and tankier. You should always be summoning "something" for your wraithlord to eat. I generally re-cast dreadshade on cooldown (it's 18 seconds so not terribly often) and then bone-curse with bone prison and maxed out Ossify giving each of the bone prison 'minion' segments +2500 health. When your wraithlord eats the minions it uses all that health to buff itself, and also hits more than twice as hard. I was using summon volatile zombie with 2/2 Dreadful Horde for 6 zombies per cast, 2/2 Vile Force for 2 corpse parasites on zombie death, and Shepard of Thralls for larger explosions and creates a Skeleton Vanguard on death. I think it might have been stronger than my current setup and I'm planning to swap back now that I'm in corrupted to test it further, but the cooldown was significantly longer than bone curse. It's great for clearing trash though as the zombies all still explode when the wraithlord nukes them.

I've been going the Volatile Zombies route and at 200 corruption nothing will kill your wraithlord, so giving it a ton of hp is only technically useful. It's really what gives you the most minions in 10 seconds, since each minion eaten gives +10 spell damage to the wraith. Volatile Zombies also does damage when they explode so you can somewhat help your wraith clear waves of small stuff. Also, if you have an experimental affix that gives volatile zombies on potion use, they also use your volatile zombies skill tree, so you can use your potions offensively for bosses.

I've also seen people using the Deadlock node on Dread Shade, which roots your Dread Shade target, and causes it to taunt enemies around it, that way you can control it easier, since it'll still move if you either have the "minions move with you" experimental affix, or the node on skeleton mages that makes minions move with you on teleport. That can stop its AI from bugging out and running in circles around you and not attacking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
don't chaos if you need an exact affix 4th affix especially if'ts a +x level affix. just bite the bullet and pop the rune of removal in and pray if you have no despairs or the affix is tier 3 or higher.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

A Moose posted:

I've also seen people using the Deadlock node on Dread Shade, which roots your Dread Shade target, and causes it to taunt enemies around it, that way you can control it easier, since it'll still move if you either have the "minions move with you" experimental affix, or the node on skeleton mages that makes minions move with you on teleport. That can stop its AI from bugging out and running in circles around you and not attacking.

I've seen this also, but it doesn't really appeal to me. I used the skeletal mage teleport though so that I don't have to work on making a good experimental affix item, and if I notice the wraithlord being a big dummy I just pop the teleport to fix him.

The cooldown on bone curse is fast enough that you can get them to stack for a few seconds if you cast on cooldown, and during that overlap period his damage is stupid... but since he one-shots almost everything even without it, it's not particularly useful, and I miss my AE trash clear with the zombies, so I'm gonna switch back to zombies again when I get online today.

Dirk the Average posted:

I decided to run with a single giant volatile zombie with the area jacked up tremendously. It seems to work fairly well for now, and while the mana cost is high, I don't have anything else to really spend mana on. Since there's no cooldown on summoning it, and the wraithlord likes to explode it almost immediately, it's basically a point blank aoe that gives me a huge chunk of ward and debuffs the enemy. It also excels at clearing out small crowds, so the enemies that the wraithlord is least suited to killing super quickly are perfect targets for the zombie instead.

The buffing according to the helmet, and just now poster "A Moose" is "per minion consumed", so going with a single strong minion probably won't work nearly as well as summoning a horde.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Awesome! posted:

i figure there is enough crossover to import jokes

No worries, i'm trying to forget ggg until 2 comes out... assuming it's worthwhile playing. :D

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I think I should just roll an Acolyte because like 90% of the LP2+ uniques I find in this game are for them.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

I think I should just roll an Acolyte because like 90% of the LP2+ uniques I find in this game are for them.

All the masteries are good too!

The Locator posted:

The buffing according to the helmet, and just now poster "A Moose" is "per minion consumed", so going with a single strong minion probably won't work nearly as well as summoning a horde.

The health scales with the health of the minion sacrificed, but the damage is a flat +10 per minion

99pct of germs
Apr 13, 2013

So I think I've poisoned my future expectations for other classes.

I haven't finished the main campaign yet and haven't done any monoliths or end game stuff. No idea how my build will work out there, but compared to the Beastmaster and Forgeguard I limped to level 30 each, this has been unreal in terms of map clearing and boss killing. I just blow through everything while spamming bone curse.

Also I really know nothing about the overall meta but are mages unpopular? I've noticed in towns especially as I have gotten further into the game 90% of what I see are rogues and sentinels.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

99pct of germs posted:

Also I really know nothing about the overall meta but are mages unpopular? I've noticed in towns especially as I have gotten further into the game 90% of what I see are rogues and sentinels.

Runemasters are very overpowered and pretty popular. Spellblades are cool and unique, but rather underpowered and Sorcerer are mostly balanced but extremely bland, so not a lot of people play either.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Wuxi posted:

Runemasters are very overpowered and pretty popular. Spellblades are cool and unique, but rather underpowered and Sorcerer are mostly balanced but extremely bland, so not a lot of people play either.

Sorcerer seems to be the class to play to throw meteors and giant explosions at people so at least it's got that going for it

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

The Locator posted:

Absolutely, but I'm still at 0% corruption and am working (working being a strong word - I basically just run as fast as I can to each objective and stop to pick up shiny stuff or activate on-map doodads on occasion) on my first clears of each monolith. At this point, making my wraithlord stronger would just make killing bosses take 2 shots instead of 3, and the utility of the one single earth-shattering kaboom on demand outweighs the extra damage on the wraithlord.

Incidentally, I'm level 76 now on the level 85 monolith, and I'm about halfway through getting the stability required to clear the quests. Do I need to worry about being massively underleveled from an XP standpoint? I know in other games like Diablo 2, being underleveled too much gave you a giant XP penalty, but I'm not sure if that applies here.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I’ve been leveling a warlock this weekend and it’s turning into a total beast lord

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

so currently i would like to find some cheap exalted gloves with the ward experimental mod to try slamming into some 1 lp frostbite shackles, since 2 lp ones start at 50 mil. the t6 experimental mod is ~3 mil so i wouldnt mind going for the t5 for now to try 25% chance slams for an intermediate upgrade. however if i search for the t5 experimental mod it is basically impossible to tell if there is another t6 mod on there without knowing the ranges for every affix.

is there a trick here

e: i just figured out that there is a rarity filter that lets you only see exalted items so thats the trick

Awesome! fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Mar 18, 2024

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

euphronius posted:

I’ve been leveling a warlock this weekend and it’s turning into a total beast lord

How does that compare to just playing a Beast master

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Dirk the Average posted:

Incidentally, I'm level 76 now on the level 85 monolith, and I'm about halfway through getting the stability required to clear the quests. Do I need to worry about being massively underleveled from an XP standpoint? I know in other games like Diablo 2, being underleveled too much gave you a giant XP penalty, but I'm not sure if that applies here.

No, don't worry about this. It's typical to unlock empowered monoliths with good builds in the 70's or at worst low 80's. My Wraithlord guy is level 85 now and I've already gotten 5 or so greater blessings and am starting to target a specific monolith thing to push corruption next.

I believe that there is a penalty for being too far out of level in one direction or another, but if you are underleveled the XP still comes in incredibly fast because even if there is a penalty, it doesn't offset being at a much higher level of mob slaughtering.

Edit: The only downside that I have seen is getting gear drops that are higher level requirement than you are, but that's what the stash is for!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Sab669 posted:

How does that compare to just playing a Beast master

way less button spamming so far.

fissure is basically a totem build in a way

euphronius fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Mar 17, 2024

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

What's the Acolyte build that teleports everywhere with double scythes like they're an anime swordsman, is that Lich?

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

exquisite tea posted:

What's the Acolyte build that teleports everywhere with double scythes like they're an anime swordsman, is that Lich?

Reaper form. A great melee/spellcast build, when it clicks, it clicks so hard

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

99pct of germs posted:

I’ve been playing spellblade & mixing between surge/static, mana strike/static, flamebrand/surge/static, and flamebrand/mana strike. It does low level corruption (<200) just fine, but feels much harder to scale once you start pushing.

Runemaster has a bunch of broken builds - there are a ton of different invocations to get exactly what you want and they’re all pretty well supported with items. Sorcerer has a few busted builds too (afaik ele nova sorc can be really good) but it feels like a little more work to get them there.

Edit: seems strong https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Khn6e9BS78I

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

exquisite tea posted:

look up "wrong warp last epoch" and you'll find a bunch of it

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

So I was poking around in my stash getting rid of duplicate uniques without any LP, and I found that I had a couple of these swords, which I hadn't actually paid any attention to because the stats seemed meh, but I keep a couple of every unique because I'm a hoarder... And I actually took the time to read the text.. Uhm... oh my...

So then I poked around in my exalt stash and found a 2h sword that looked interesting.. I equipped the Merophage and then opened the forge and shattered the 2h sword... And now I have this.

So... this sword is basically always 4LP and you don't have to deal with the dungeon or random luck at all. Kinda cool. I wonder how many other cool things I've missed by not reading the text!

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Does it matter if my echoes contain an incomplete path?

No. You used to choose which monolith you unlocked next as part of the story quests in the mono, but now in 1.0 you just unlock everything that monolith links to by clearing it once.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

The Locator posted:

So I was poking around in my stash getting rid of duplicate uniques without any LP, and I found that I had a couple of these swords, which I hadn't actually paid any attention to because the stats seemed meh, but I keep a couple of every unique because I'm a hoarder... And I actually took the time to read the text.. Uhm... oh my...

So then I poked around in my exalt stash and found a 2h sword that looked interesting.. I equipped the Merophage and then opened the forge and shattered the 2h sword... And now I have this.

So... this sword is basically always 4LP and you don't have to deal with the dungeon or random luck at all. Kinda cool. I wonder how many other cool things I've missed by not reading the text!

It is somewhat random and not as good as a real 4LP because you can shatter a sword with all t5-t7 affixes but only get a couple shards which equates into weaker affixes. It is a pretty solid weapon though until you can get a true endgame weapon.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

LibrarianCroaker posted:

No. You used to choose which monolith you unlocked next as part of the story quests in the mono, but now in 1.0 you just unlock everything that monolith links to by clearing it once.

Cool, thanks. I just made the switch to Merchant guild and its like starting from scratch all over again. I was grinding through 400+ corruption before, need to say below 200 now while I get up to the faction required to properly re-gear.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Suprfli6 posted:

It is somewhat random and not as good as a real 4LP because you can shatter a sword with all t5-t7 affixes but only get a couple shards which equates into weaker affixes. It is a pretty solid weapon though until you can get a true endgame weapon.

Ah, okay. I didn't pay enough attention since I was just trying it out for kicks, and thought it took everything. I should have screenshot the purple sword first so I could see the difference, but I saw that it took the full exalted frailty affix so just sort of assumed it took all the rest fully also, but maybe not.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
last epoch does a really good job of having a lot of items that i see them and actually want to make a character to try using them

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

terrible rolls but just still goddamn

Hit Man
Mar 6, 2008

I hope after I die people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

Man I'll take that all day

On another note. I'm over shadow dagger falconer, it just doesn't hold up from random one-shots. The damage is god-tier but I can't push high tier corruption without dying.

After the patch to ward on shadow. I've redone my gear and gimped my damage as much as I could to take more defenses.

But a speedy dodge class just isn't working for me

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Tonetta posted:

terrible rolls but just still goddamn

Still haven’t seen one of these or an oceareon yet. I’m doing as many ring prophecies as I can, just the same 3 rings over and over and over.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

99pct of germs posted:

So I think I've poisoned my future expectations for other classes.

I haven't finished the main campaign yet and haven't done any monoliths or end game stuff. No idea how my build will work out there, but compared to the Beastmaster and Forgeguard I limped to level 30 each, this has been unreal in terms of map clearing and boss killing. I just blow through everything while spamming bone curse.

Rogues and sentinels are kind of flavor of the month right now since Falconer is a new class and Paladin just got a Healing Hands tree and both are pretty strong.

There are plenty of strong mage builds. In fact, right now I'd say my strongest character is my Runemaster, although I'm still leveling up a Wraithlord Necro to check that out since I have all the stuff for it already.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Are certain blessings more rare than others? I've killed that dumb dragon like 8 times now and haven't seen the crit avoidance blessing once.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

This poo poo is amazing.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Too bad they don't work on boss drops though.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

It would definitely be nice if prophecies could be like “2 boss specific uniques” or something that let you target farm mono bosses or dungeon bosses a little faster.

I leveled a rune master to 65ish just using nova and teleport. Normally nova starts off very strong but falls off fast against tougher enemies late in the campaign or early monoliths, but with some twink gear with some good legendary affixes (torch and calamity especially) it breezes through everything. Now I have to decide on what flavor of frost claw I want to play though.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Yea it does feel a bit time consuming / disappointing getting enough Stability and then having it not drop and then having to do whatever lovely monolith quest all over again.

I managed to get a Hakar's Phoenix for my Paladin pretty quickly off my Unique 1H Axe prophecies last night, but of course 0 LP :(

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Yeah, it kinda helps if you're also farming the single type unique nodes in that monolith. Like right now I'm farming the Blood, Frost and Death because it has the unique body armor nodes, so I'm building up a bunch of extra stability going for those, and then farming for a better Last Steps of the Living or Frostbite Shackles from the boss. So that's the one I'm also leveling corruption on.

It does kinda suck when a prophecy makes me go to another monolith. Also I learned that if the condition of a prophecy just says "Monolith" that specifically means non-empowered apparently. But if it specifies a specific monolith, it can be empowered or normal, unless it has a corruption requirement.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

A Moose posted:

It does kinda suck when a prophecy makes me go to another monolith. Also I learned that if the condition of a prophecy just says "Monolith" that specifically means non-empowered apparently. But if it specifies a specific monolith, it can be empowered or normal, unless it has a corruption requirement.

Wait really? That's awful.

I wish the entire Prophecy UI was better. Just give me a list of the Dungeons/Monos I need to run, and then a nested list under each with the condition / reward. Sort of like how an MMO quest log would be grouped by regions then show the specific quests under that collapsible node.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
Several times now I’ve gotten my game in a state where my character just doesn’t die when health hits 0, and passive regen doesn’t do anything but leech, health-on, or pots will heal me, and it just stays that way. Bizarre. Also I think it made the legendary dungeon eat my unique*exalt but you know alls fair in love and war since I wouldn’t have made it to the end without the bug lol. This all the standard client offline mode so not true offline

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Oh that's why none of my kills ever count toward prophecies. Figured it was just bugged

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

A Moose posted:

Yeah, it kinda helps if you're also farming the single type unique nodes in that monolith. Like right now I'm farming the Blood, Frost and Death because it has the unique body armor nodes, so I'm building up a bunch of extra stability going for those, and then farming for a better Last Steps of the Living or Frostbite Shackles from the boss. So that's the one I'm also leveling corruption on.

Been doing the same for the gloves, boots, and exsanguinous. Have a 1 lp of the boots and chest and still on 0 for the gloves. Adding boss drops to a level of the faction or prophecies would do a lot. I’m not at the point where I want to just go buy them but man is it tempting.

Still playing this regularly even when how thin the endgame is. Still blessings to get, gear to get, etc… haven’t even thought about d4 since I completed the season journey.

Also, let me abandon prophecies I guess. Didn’t realize some of them were limited to regular monoliths

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

A Moose posted:

Also I learned that if the condition of a prophecy just says "Monolith" that specifically means non-empowered apparently.

:wtc:

I'll admit I kind of forgot about prophecies for a bit but that's probably why a bunch of mine never triggered...