Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

ELTON JOHN posted:

s t i m p i r e
everything sounds tremendously inefficient and poorly thought out

edit: drat snipe

As a bit of Schad, if it wasn't posted already, the Crumbleys (parents of a mass shooter Ethan Crumbley) were both found guilty
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/crumbley-convictions-set-legal-precedent-parents-reach-shootings-rcna143571

Sestze has a new favorite as of 20:14 on Mar 17, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Lmao, it's been so long since I've read the stimpire. Still so insane, still so inefficient, still so funny

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
https://i.imgur.com/plas21V.mp4

Schad's on you if you flinched :v:

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

lmao read the spoiler and still flinched

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

mycatscrimes posted:

They are called denticles because they are modified teeth, btw.
That's right, sharks have skin covered in teeny teeth.

The fluoride in the water is enhancing the sharks.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Sestze posted:

As a bit of Schad, if it wasn't posted already, the Crumbleys (parents of a mass shooter Ethan Crumbley) were both found guilty
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/crumbley-convictions-set-legal-precedent-parents-reach-shootings-rcna143571

Those two were absolutely hoping Ethan would kill himself, and they deserve more than they got.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

mycatscrimes posted:

They are called denticles because they are modified teeth, btw.
That's right, sharks have skin covered in teeny teeth.
Technically it's the other way around, teeth are modified fish scales from some of the earliest jawed fish that became the common ancestors of just about every living vertebrate.

So really your mouth is an inside-out shark.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Those two were absolutely hoping Ethan would kill himself, and they deserve more than they got.

Is there a brief overview of why that's the case, and why this is schad? It's not apparent from the article. Knowing nothing else about the matter, it looks like another episode of "well, we can't possibly actually ban guns, like a sane society".

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Hyperlynx posted:

Is there a brief overview of why that's the case, and why this is schad? It's not apparent from the article. Knowing nothing else about the matter, it looks like another episode of "well, we can't possibly actually ban guns, like a sane society".

I saw this video about it recently.
spoilered for discussion of hosed up poo poo

Some highlights:
  • bought their son a gun
  • stored the gun in a safe with the combination 000
  • kid claimed to be seeing demons in text messages
  • parents ignored the text messages, including when the kid texted "can you at least text back"
  • kid drew a picture of a gun and wrote "the thoughts won't stop, help me" and "my life is useless" and "blood everywhere" on a math assignment
  • when shown this paper at a meeting with a school counselor, the parents left the meeting within 12 minutes and did not want to pull the kid out of class
  • and oh yeah that meeting was the SAME DAY THE KID SHOT UP THE SCHOOL

It would be comical if it weren't so tragic. like, if they were villains in a cartoon you'd think they were too unbelievably over the top. But it's hard to feel much schad tbh; even if the parents have gotten what they deserve, four kids died. And the mentally ill 15-year-old was apparently tried as an adult and given life without parole, so it's hard to be say that any kind of justice has been done.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
bUt iT sEtS a dAnGeRoUs pReCeDeNt

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Hyperlynx posted:

Their son had absurdly vivid, like you wouldn’t believe this poo poo if it were in a movie, warning signs. Like, texting his mom that he is scared of the “demons” throwing dishes in the house. Texting a friend that he asked his dad to take him to the doctor, but dad said “suck it up”.

So what do they do? They buy him a gun.

On 30 November 2021, he makes a drawing of his gun (it’s a pretty decent rendition) on a geometry worksheet, with the words “The thoughts won’t stop Help me” and a human figure in a pool of blood, next to the words “Blood everywhere”.

His parents are called to school to discuss this. They arrive and talk with the guidance counsellor, who is concerned about Ethan’s suicidal ideation.

Ethan has the gun at school this day. Do his parents look for the gun? Alert anyone to its existence? Take their son out of school? No. They leave, twelve minutes after arriving. By lunchtime, Ethan has shot up the place.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

DontMockMySmock posted:

Some highlights:
  • bought their son a gun
  • parents ignored the text messages, including when the kid texted "can you at least text back"
  • kid drew a picture of a gun and wrote "the thoughts won't stop, help me" and "my life is useless" and "blood everywhere" on a math assignment
  • when shown this paper at a meeting with a school counselor, the parents left the meeting within 12 minutes and did not want to pull the kid out of class

It would be comical if it weren't so tragic. like, if they were villains in a cartoon you'd think they were too unbelievably over the top. But it's hard to feel much schad tbh; even if the parents have gotten what they deserve, four kids died. And the mentally ill 15-year-old was apparently tried as an adult and given life without parole, so it's hard to be say that any kind of justice has been done.

Thanks, appreciated. Ugh.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
gently caress, now I feel bad for a kid that killed 4 other kids. This seems like the opposite of schadenfraude.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Charging the parents is not normal but they really, really put in the effort to be culpably negligent. Eventually nobody could really deny it.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

There is a lot of hack writers sueing the kid for plagiarizing their scripts

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Air Skwirl posted:

gently caress, now I feel bad for a kid that killed 4 other kids. This seems like the opposite of schadenfraude.
yes well it may perhaps soothe you to know that the shooter's parent's are deeply troubled and probably undiagnosed broken people as well and raised another human who committed a single digit massacre and for that they are where they belong under the boot of the justice system

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

KoRMaK posted:

yes well it may perhaps soothe you to know that the shooter's parent's are deeply troubled and probably undiagnosed broken people as well and raised another human who committed a single digit massacre and for that they are where they belong under the boot of the justice system

I don't think you know what the word "soothe" means.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

well i did say "may" after all as i had my doubts but we are in the schadenfreude thread so i figured it was worth framing it thusly

personally i think it's deranged to post such a story in this thread

KoRMaK has a new favorite as of 06:33 on Mar 18, 2024

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Trabant posted:

https://i.imgur.com/plas21V.mp4

Schad's on you if you flinched :v:

https://i.imgur.com/AB6pygm.mp4

Rasmus
Jul 13, 2016

I wish I was brian Blessed

Let's all take a moment and be glad that we all dont have the cluster of stereotypes that has us standing around a golf competition.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Don't stand in the line of fire, what are you doing

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

They're standing what looks to be literally in line with the planned shot. What the heck

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Y’all forgot to mention that as soon as the Crumbleys heard about their son shooting up the school, they drained their bank accounts and tried to flee the country.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
If there is a single couple in history who are responsible for the harm their child caused, it is James and Jennifer Crumbley.

It’s not schadenfreude, but it is an unambiguously positive development that those two will rot in jail.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

DontMockMySmock posted:

Some highlights:
  • bought their son a gun

this is one of those edge cases of Hanlon's razor where ignorance kind of is malice, but I could 100% see their mentality being "it'll just resolve itself if we get through this", not "ok now he'll kill himself". Either way, seems like the right judgment was made.

Tagra
Apr 7, 2006

If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

:lol::lol: This is my first time seeing the Stimpire. What was the context for the invention of this?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I think it's a star citizen thing

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

ilmucche posted:

They're standing what looks to be literally in line with the planned shot. What the heck

just like sideshow attendees, they're all chasing clout on cam.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Platystemon posted:

If there is a single couple in history who are responsible for the harm their child caused, it is James and Jennifer Crumbley.

It’s not schadenfreude, but it is an unambiguously positive development that those two will rot in jail.

15 years is the maximum possible sentence they can receive, unfortunately.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
https://packaged-media.redd.it/o821...7f2332f210a#t=0

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

That's a lot of cum.

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?

Not a tesla; could have been more schad

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
What do you even do about that? I think I'd have rather totaled it.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

fishing with the fam posted:

What do you even do about that? I think I'd have rather totaled it.

An insurance company might total it because the cost to replace everything inside is likely more than the value of the vehicle.

LookieLoo
Feb 10, 2011

Mr. Nice! posted:

An insurance company might total it because the cost to replace everything inside is likely more than the value of the vehicle.

That car looks expensive as does the paint so the hike in rates is probably worth it.
Unless that's cream, that's different math.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

LookieLoo posted:

That car looks expensive as does the paint so the hike in rates is probably worth it.
Unless that's cream, that's different math.

Or mayo

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

What if the mustard man and the ketchup man kissed in the mayo car?

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
https://i.imgur.com/tdx917l.mp4

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
https://i.imgur.com/mtqaaRl.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/OtLhkGi.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/mpGj3Dd.mp4

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 18:38 on Mar 18, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dance McPants
Mar 11, 2006

Trabant posted:

[quote="Trabant" post="538424517"]
https://i.imgur.com/tdx917l.mp4

i've never had such a ride of righteous emotions be dashed before my eyes since [any leftist politician].

for schad i wish i had pictures but after my grandma passed my dad and i decided to finish the attic of her house to rent/sell the place and did such a bad job the plasterer almost quit when seeing it. It just seems so easy when you're lining up boards with studs, but drat, that poo poo looked like a Tim Burton movie before the guy (that we paid generously) fixed our fuckups.

fake e: it's been tagged 18+ lol