Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Canned Sunshine posted:

That looks amazing. I can't tell if those are peperoncinos or banana peppers, but either is a very underrated ingredient on pizzas.

Pepperoni , pineapple,pepperoncini

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

a sexual elk posted:

Pepperoni , pineapple,pepperoncini

me want

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
In the midwest there's a chain called Happy Joe's, they have a couple legendary specialty pizzas, their Happy Joe's Special is sauerkraut & Canadian bacon (they actually use the small offcut product from McDonald's egg mcmuffin canadian bacon rounds). It's amazing, and there's a spot in Studio City (Joe Peeps) that does an Elijah Wood Special since he's from Iowa (same ingredients, but they use turkey canadian bacon) which he's apparently asked them to make at some point and it's pretty good for a replica. Ashton Kutcher is from the same city as Elijah, and Ron Livingston is as well so I'd be surprised if those two hadn't had Happy Joe's at some point too.

Anyway, this information is not much help except to the LA people here but pepperoncini has roughly the same result once it's been baked as the sauerkraut does so I approve of the PPP pizza.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Anyone watching Shogun also read the book? I have the book but haven’t started it yet, and I’ve been wanting to watch the show. Should I read the book first? Show? Both at the same time?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

a sexual elk posted:

My non goon wife knows most of you guys by names whenever I talk about forum stuff, kiimo is my Bear goon. Ether and a few others are my LA goons, burrito and braks are the couple, android is the Washington gun cooking guy, blindsite is my night crew n****.
I would never be associated with the horrible state of Washington & it's stinky Seattle brethren Seiferguy & It's Rinaldo*. :mad:

I am a proud Oregoon living in the Anarchist Jurisdiction of Portland with Thaddeus the Large & The Puppy Bowl(?). Now that I think about it, I've lived in little brother cities most of my adult life (Boston : New York :: Portland : Seattle). I probably should have a bigger chip on my shoulder or develop a full Napoleonic Complex.

*I'm sure those fine goons smell normal.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

My bad droid

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

a sexual elk posted:

My bad droid

It's all good? Fellow goon. :)

Meanwhile my morning involved unclogging a toilet & renting a wet shop vac, and now I've been to the farmers market three times because I kept forgetting stuff that I needed to make vegan corned beef dinner for tonight.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Gonna get a new suit that actually fits for a job interview on Tuesday. Feels like college for some reason 😂

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

My college team won their conference tourney for the first time since 1987 and I’m extremely hungover this morning

Worth it

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

a sexual elk posted:

My non goon wife knows most of you guys by names whenever I talk about forum stuff, kiimo is my Bear goon. Ether and a few others are my LA goons, burrito and braks are the couple, android is the Washington gun cooking guy, blindsite is my night crew n****.

How dare you confuse disgusting Portscum with handsome and kind Washingtonians :argh:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Joey Freshwater posted:

Anyone watching Shogun also read the book? I have the book but haven’t started it yet, and I’ve been wanting to watch the show. Should I read the book first? Show? Both at the same time?

I've read the book three times and I'm watching the show which is fantastic.

Do not attempt to read the book first it is like 1200 pages. Watch the show then read the book after, it will illuminate scenes and really the book truly is about the details. What happens with the story isn't the important thing, it's the little scenes that are enjoyable. Also heads up much more horniness in the books

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Joey Freshwater posted:

Book is good but extremely dense, agree with kiimo that you should just get through the show first. They're doing a drat good job with the adaptation.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

a sexual elk posted:

Just wished the toppings were crisped up a little bit more when I opened the box, but it was great. The place does home made sauce/dough, even the crust alone rocks. I get it tho, they were slammed cause it’s a ski resort town and we got a ton of beautiful powder yesterday

My wife gets cranky if food isn’t piping hot and usually on the crisp/well done side. So we end up throwing a lot of take out and delivery in the oven for 10 minutes. Serving food that isn’t dangerously hot is a great way to get on her restaurant poo poo list (which ends up being most places lol)

Freaquency posted:

My college team won their conference tourney for the first time since 1987 and I’m extremely hungover this morning

Worth it

I thought Colorado State might actually do something this year after a first round upset but then they lost to New Mexico :sad trombone:

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

Freaquency posted:

Worth it

Hell yeah, fellow NC State goon!

I’m buying all the commemorative gear I can find. Need to get someone to send me a copy of the N&O front page.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

The night crew N****

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Docjowles posted:

I thought Colorado State might actually do something this year after a first round upset but then they lost to New Mexico :sad trombone:

Well we have that in common.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

kiimo posted:

I like to breed a healthy environment of competition in my clubhouse
Will these scotch eggs bring your favor?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Got a nice fitting suit that I'll have to replace when I lose 20 more pounds but it is what it is. I'm gonna rock a purple tie and shirt with it.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

BrownThunder posted:

The night crew N****

Let a naysayer know

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Shrimpy posted:

Hell yeah, fellow NC State goon!

I’m buying all the commemorative gear I can find. Need to get someone to send me a copy of the N&O front page.

:hfive:

What an absolutely inspired run. I was ready to accept life as a permanent also-ran and then they go out and do the thing.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Cleaning out my planter beds and thinking about what I want to plant. Tomatoes are a given but I'm also thinking onions, basil, zucchini, jalepenoes, rosemary, and kale.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Cleaning out my planter beds and thinking about what I want to plant. Tomatoes are a given but I'm also thinking onions, basil, zucchini, jalepenoes, rosemary, and kale.

Have you considered…..gourds!?

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
I got lunch and then went hiking with a friend. She was the only one in my two classes who lived in the area, and she’s this loving rad lady who has lived in half a dozen different places around the globe and is generally smart and interesting and lovely. We inevitably veered into what a shitshow…everything is several times.

Great way to spend an afternoon!

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I know a lot of people don’t like it but god drat I love the poo poo out of The Greatest Showman

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Being Extremely From New England and forcing my family to have corned beef and vegetables for St Paddy’s dinner. If nothing else I will have a lot of leftovers :getin:

I know it’s not many people’s favorite but it has a lot of childhood nostalgia for my wife and me.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
I’ve always liked corned beef. It’s salty brisket! But the boiled cabbage, carrots, and potatoes? Total loving waste of perfectly good vegetables, IMO.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Finished Perdido Street Station today. It was interesting and gross. The Weaver was my favorite character. Ok bye

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Kurgarra Queen posted:

I’ve always liked corned beef. It’s salty brisket! But the boiled cabbage, carrots, and potatoes? Total loving waste of perfectly good vegetables, IMO.

You're not wrong, although I mostly view the veggies as a condiment delivery vehicle. Alternating between dipping in horseradish, mustard, vinegar (not all at once :barf:) is part of the experience. But I'm good with it being a once a year experience.

I also heavily season the cooking liquid so it's not totally flavorless mush

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Had McDonald's for dinner tonight, and, gotta say... that new chili sauce they're offering here in the States is actually pretty good

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Shinji2015 posted:

Had McDonald's for dinner tonight, and, gotta say... that new chili sauce they're offering here in the States is actually pretty good

I've been in the hospital since Friday, and after some of the slop I've had ... that honestly sounds decent.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
So the King is dead right? They are just waiting to announce it on not-St. Patrick's Day to avoid giving the Irish Sozin's Comet powers right?

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Timby posted:

I've been in the hospital since Friday, and after some of the slop I've had ... that honestly sounds decent.

I was honestly surprised. I know it's (probably) just a dipping sauce they serve normally in Japan, but it's got a nice heat to it.

swickles posted:

So the King is dead right? They are just waiting to announce it on not-St. Patrick's Day to avoid giving the Irish Sozin's Comet powers right?

We can only hope :pray:

But if he is dead, then lol, lmao. Didn't even make it two years as king.

Oh, and if it's true, then William's next to inherit the throne, right? Imagine if Kate doesn't show up for the coronation :allears:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

swickles posted:

HP Lovecraft posted:

That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
St. Patrick was italian, and it took about 2 hours after the Queen died for the news to leak out so I don't really know that it's likely they could/would keep that a secret. Also I thought all the photoshop pixel analysis said that it was Kate who was dead?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Shinji2015 posted:

We can only hope :pray:

But if he is dead, then lol, lmao. Didn't even make it two years as king.

I sometimes wonder how many times Elizabeth woke up to Charles holding a pillow and muttering to himself.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Made some vegan corned beef using both frozen semi-firm tofu & regular refrigerated extra-firm tofu. Purple potatoes & carrots were from the farmers market, and the cabbage came from a coleslaw package I had left over. I did use one beet to "color" the water but I wasn't happy with the results so I added red food coloring... which still didn't do much.

Unfortunately I ran out of time to eat this so the entire batch I made will be delegated to meal prep for the week.

Going vegan for Lent was a poor decision on my part.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I look forward to the BBC1 Dance broadcast death announcement

Ether Frenzy posted:

St. Patrick was italian, and it took about 2 hours after the Queen died for the news to leak out so I don't really know that it's likely they could/would keep that a secret. Also I thought all the photoshop pixel analysis said that it was Kate who was dead?

Romeo and Juliet'd themselves.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Android Apocalypse posted:

Made some vegan corned beef using both frozen semi-firm tofu & regular refrigerated extra-firm tofu. Purple potatoes & carrots were from the farmers market, and the cabbage came from a coleslaw package I had left over. I did use one beet to "color" the water but I wasn't happy with the results so I added red food coloring... which still didn't do much.

Unfortunately I ran out of time to eat this so the entire batch I made will be delegated to meal prep for the week.

I kinda wondered how you made vegan corned beef. Cool to know.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

In honor of the Oirish holiday, I roasted Chinese eggplant with garlic in the broiler and sauteed some cabbage wedges in bacon grease and cannabis butter in a cast iron skillet until browned/slighty softened, then drizzled with red salad vinegar and am having some Harp beers to slosh it all down. Didn't remember to take a picture once I'd plated it up. Came out pretty good for a menu that was determined ten minutes prior to assembly based on what vegetables needed using.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Bro the whole point of the Feast of St. Patrick is that Lent restrictions are lifted for a day lol