Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

MarcusSA posted:

When I was an adult I realized the cliff kinda didn’t make sense but the movie fuckin rules so I didn’t give it a second thought.

Bad movies give you time to care about stupid poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
Or there's the Rise of Skywalker technique: quickly follow up the stupid poo poo with new stupid poo poo before your brain has had time to process the previous stupid poo poo.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Presto posted:

Or there's the Rise of Skywalker technique: quickly follow up the stupid poo poo with new stupid poo poo before your brain has had time to process the previous stupid poo poo.

JJ Abrams is really the epitome of 'If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit'.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
https://twitter.com/DakDimensions/status/1769401090838081813

God I love how poo poo these movies are. Just a total inability to implement the most basic and obvious story elements to improve things.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

khwarezm posted:

https://twitter.com/DakDimensions/status/1769401090838081813

God I love how poo poo these movies are. Just a total inability to implement the most basic and obvious story elements to improve things.

Throw in a guillotine that uses a lightsaber for the falling blade and you got yourself a Star War for all ages

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

KakerMix posted:

I have no idea what cliff you are talking about because when I watched Jurassic Park as a kid I went "cool dinosaurs!" and then as an adult I watch Jurassic Park and go "cool dinosaurs!"

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

KakerMix posted:

I have no idea what cliff you are talking about because when I watched Jurassic Park as a kid I went "cool dinosaurs!" and then as an adult I watch Jurassic Park and go "cool dinosaurs!"

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
why the dino got a gun?

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer
How else is he supposed to shoot

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Soapy_Bumslap posted:

How else is he supposed to shoot

I dunno t-rex could probably handle a small cannon.

Lighting the fuse would be an issue with the tiny t-rex hands though.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Spielberg has never given a poo poo about continuity and there's a far more glaring example earlier when there's a robot arm rotating the raptor eggs and holding the one they're watching hatch and after one cut it's rotated away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLz5Api676Y&t=24s

It even rotates back in to grab the empty shell from Grant's hands.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

more like (australian word)inuity. because it's a thing only (australian word)s care about

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

We’re all thinking it: Spielberg is a hack. Sound of Freedom was the superior movie. I need to go make a 42 minute YouTube.

billymumphrey
Mar 2, 2022
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQH2rmQ5-vk

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dtbwx5LBH-E

And the concrete moats, and the motion sensor tracking systems. Ronald, dear boy, relax.

A concrete moat next to a paddock, huh? Sounds like a cliff to me.

Also lol that Hammond can't even bother to learn Genarro's first name and thinks he's called Ronald.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Jurassic park was a movie about cgi and jurassic park 2 was a movie about how badass it is to go camping in a gigantic triple trailer rv and to ride motorcycles. Jurassic park 3 was a movie about collecting t-rex pee and how that would bring pervy spinosauruses around. Jurassic park 4 was a snuff film. Jurassic park 5 was some poo poo about a mansion and international diamond auctions or some poo poo. Jurassic park 6 came out already in 2022.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Who cares about a 31 year old movie like Jurassic Park? JEEZ YA NERDS!

Anyways, back to Star Wars talk...

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Non Compos Mentis posted:

why the dino got a gun?

The futility of war

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
I love going to IMDb after watching a movie, but I always breeze right past "continuity errors" because I honestly do not understand how to care about those

I can be pretty drat pedantic for sure, I just don't see how you could care about "he was standing over here in this shot, but now he's standing somewhere slightly different"

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

The cliff bothered me even as a kid. The continuity was broken but still didn't detract from the film.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
The cliff is similar to that sequence in The Dark Knight Rises where the attack on the stock trading floor turns into a chase that goes from day to night when it enters a tunnel just because Nolan wanted the chase to end at night. Filmmaker wanted to do something, knew he could get away with it, and so did it. Maybe another writing pass on the script could have given them a good reason for both these things, but ultimately it's not necessary because 95% of the audience will go along with it. I know I didn't notice either of these things until they were pointed out to me.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

What are we supposed to be noticing here?

https://x.com/bigmonkeong/status/1769398128040439960?s=20

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

"It's So Dense; Every Image Has So Much Going On" - Rick McCallum, on Madame Web

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

It stinks!

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

couldn't sleep last night so I re-watched American Movie (1999), about my second favourite group of wisconsin movie making slobs

it's astonishing at how much better shot and movielike the Cöven footage looks as compared to the shot-on-MiniDV direct-to-Tubi moopies that we stream on Fridays, holy poo poo

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Dijkstracula posted:

couldn't sleep last night so I re-watched American Movie (1999), about my second favourite group of wisconsin movie making slobs

it's astonishing at how much better shot and movielike the Cöven footage looks as compared to the shot-on-MiniDV direct-to-Tubi moopies that we stream on Fridays, holy poo poo

it makes space cop look embarrassing lol

kalel posted:

watched "american movie" (1999 dir. chris smith) at the alamo

a documentary about a milwaukee man trying to make an independent short film with friends and family over the course of several years. big clerks + fargo vibes. laugh out loud funny; it's hard to believe it wasn't scripted. but also, it made me mad because this fuckin guy was 30 when he finished his film, with nothing but a packers beanie and a dream, so what the gently caress am I doing

highly recommended to any rlm lovers, if there are any in this general youtube content thread (it is *not* about the making of space cop btw)

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
I forgot it was this year

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
But if there’s an odd number of Irish people what will the leftover Irishman do?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
In that case, we just have to put Bono down.

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

kalel posted:

it makes space cop look embarrassing lol

<extremely slow, slurred delivery> "it's all right, it's okay, there's something to live for, jesus told me so" - rich evans

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Groovelord Neato posted:

Spielberg has never given a poo poo about continuity and there's a far more glaring example earlier when there's a robot arm rotating the raptor eggs and holding the one they're watching hatch and after one cut it's rotated away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLz5Api676Y&t=24s

It even rotates back in to grab the empty shell from Grant's hands.

THIS one I always noticed though, but just went "oh well!".

I honestly just now understand the cliff everyone is talking about, about a minute ago reading the responses.
Weird how this:

happens with cool things.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Spielberg blockbusters always play fast and loose with the plot, compared to gold standard Cameron. Like some movies you just treat them as roller coaster rides instead of stories.

Also that small rear end island can't possibly feed these many dinosaurs.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

stephenthinkpad posted:

"Thank God for Site B."

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

stephenthinkpad posted:

Spielberg blockbusters always play fast and loose with the plot, compared to gold standard Cameron. Like some movies you just treat them as roller coaster rides instead of stories.

Or how there are zero zookeepers on the island during a storm except for Mr. Clever Girl.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Tiny island? It was a lot bigger than even what you saw in theatres, just a camera trick to get it to fit on screen.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
And furthermore, those dinos would probably have been far less aggressive considering they'd been fed recently!

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Mordja posted:

And furthermore, those dinos would probably have been far less aggressive considering they'd been fed recently!

I am an expert on watching hours of sexy zookeeper hand petting large exotic cats vertical formatted videos, can confirm.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Non Compos Mentis posted:

why the dino got a gun?

The sequels would make a lot more sense if the dinosaurs had guns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

some of yall aint got no respect for theodore rex and thats sad