Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I guess that’s good too just expensive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I'm mad at Costco because they didn't have any hot dogs in the fridge section, so the only hot dog I could get was the $1.50 hot dog with drink in my way out. But not really mad because I'm an adult. Also found a nice bottle of scotch for cheaper than my local bottle shop.

Not exactly sure what the problem was but the guy ahead of me in line was being an rear end, calling the cashier stupid and asking what the hell was wrong with her. Kudos to the cashier who managed to stay neutral about the whole thing instead of punching him in his stupid face.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
One must not abuse and disrespect the priests and priestesses of Costco.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Just bought costco branded hoodie and sweatpants. they’re great!! definitely size down though.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

WE HAVE THE END OF THE $1.50 HOT DOG AND SODA COMBO

https://www.businessinsider.com/costco-hot-dog-soda-combo-deal-wont-be-around-forever-2024-3?amp

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
H E R E S Y

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I just hope, when and if such a dark day arrives, they move to a price that is still cheap

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Quiet Feet posted:

I'm mad at Costco because they didn't have any hot dogs in the fridge section, so the only hot dog I could get was the $1.50 hot dog with drink in my way out. But not really mad because I'm an adult. Also found a nice bottle of scotch for cheaper than my local bottle shop.

Not exactly sure what the problem was but the guy ahead of me in line was being an rear end, calling the cashier stupid and asking what the hell was wrong with her. Kudos to the cashier who managed to stay neutral about the whole thing instead of punching him in his stupid face.

If you don't know what was happening I guess you don't know whether or not she was stupid and had a lot of things wrong with her.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

bird with big dick posted:

If you don't know what was happening I guess you don't know whether or not she was stupid and had a lot of things wrong with her.
congrats on a Very Dumb response

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Click bait and I’m not clicking that bullshit

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

The Chad Jihad posted:

I just hope, when and if such a dark day arrives, they burn to the ground, and all of us with them in a blaze of glory

FTFY

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
20XX

Costco CEO steps up to the mic.

"For the past few years we have not raised the membership price, we have lowered prices on products around the store, and we have expanded the selection for our great members."

"However, we must make a key change in one area of business."

"The hot dog and drink now cost $1.51."

Riots start, multiple warehouses burn down, blood pools in the parking lots, states of emergency are declared.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

1.38 at Sam's club :twisted:

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011
I’ve tasted that meat tube. Costco is well worth the extra 12 cents.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Wendigee posted:

costco in ruins

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

pencilhands posted:

costco in ruins

Anybody think about this?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/newsletters/2024-03-12/costco-cfo-reveals-why-he-stayed-40-years-at-the-same-company?embedded-checkout=true

quote:

What will happen to the $1.50 hot dog and soda combo when you are gone?

It’s probably safe for a while.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

All I wanted to do was post about how I got a spot right next to the door on a Saturday...now I walk into this loving hot dog rumor poo poo.

What a loving blow!

Quixzlizx
Jan 7, 2007

Wendigee posted:

Is this how the poor and downtrodden actually live? Should we organize a bake sale Costco food court fundraiser?

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Anyone seen this tree shaped children’s bookshelf in their local?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Unironically I think Costco may experience a downfall over the next 5-10 years with the CFO’s retirement. I can see some MBA moron who believes in the myth of maximizing shareholder value ruin everything.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Almost guaranteed

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Porfiriato posted:

This reminded me that there was, years ago, a goon in the China thread who copped to buying jugs of half and half and drinking them straight up as he wandered around Guangzhou or wherever he was.

Not jugs, little cartons.

People made jokes which sure, but I kinda got it. When I lived in Korea there were no limes, after a couple of years I found a lime for the first time and just straight up ate the whole thing and was happy as can be. I never saw half and half in China so I can imagine having the same reaction if that's a thing you were into and you finally found some.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Costco needs to lean on the BC gov and get a liquor license. Closest we get is the big double brew your own wine kits.

Hell, they should get a cannabis license too, with a sale quantity exemption. We're capped at an Oz / person max.

Fatrick
Jul 19, 2003

*Jumping Peppers!* *Enjoy the Sauce!*

B33rChiller posted:

Costco needs to lean on the BC gov and get a liquor license. Closest we get is the big double brew your own wine kits.

Hell, they should get a cannabis license too, with a sale quantity exemption. We're capped at an Oz / person max.

I was *just* thinking this as I walked through Costco today

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

B33rChiller posted:

Last I heard, Costco upper management didn't want anything to do with weed, and even still required drug testing for all employees.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

7-11 will sell weed before Costco does

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

They're being beat to market here by innovative and progressive business minds such as his majesty king Charles, smdh.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

B33rChiller posted:

They're being beat to market here by innovative and progressive business minds such as his majesty king Charles, smdh.

What

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

https://www.bccannabisstores.com/
Is a crown corporation.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

the king's weed

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

stolen from reddit

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I heard in Canada they sell chicken in bags

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

I saw that already existed some areas on the gram

It was also 8 bucks which is 3.5 more than here. Is that normal out in the coasts?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

same price as always in CA

SamDabbers
May 26, 2003

Good point

Only registered members can see post attachments!

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
florist next to me does $7 per flower (only sold by the bouquet, so realistically $70 per bouquet, goes up to $200). it's a pretty fuckin booj florist tho. whole fuckin small-sized costco trip right there

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Get your girl a rotisserie chicken bouquet

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

bob dobbs is dead posted:

florist next to me does $7 per flower (only sold by the bouquet, so realistically $70 per bouquet, goes up to $200). it's a pretty fuckin booj florist tho. whole fuckin small-sized costco trip right there

That's a pretty normal price for every florist I've been to. We're spoiled that I can get 2 dozen roses from Costco for $20. The florist flowers will be nicer than the Costco ones but not nice enough to justify 4x the price for 1/2 the roses.

Normally it's like $30 for a dozen roses at a grocery store and they're poo poo compared to Costco's though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
bouquets are like 70-90% a veblen good, tho, i bet