Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

DrSunshine posted:

Are you loving kidding me.

*googles*

:gonk:

I am also disgusted and pretty sure Senshi and Laios would be down bad to cook one of those horrible liver parasites into flapjacks like the Wiki article says people do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Mmmmmmmmmm

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

A plant monster would say that.

Staggy
Mar 20, 2008

Said little bitch, you can't fuck with me if you wanted to
These expensive
These is red bottoms
These is bloody shoes

Plant MONSTER. posted:

There are deer liver flukes that are prized by deer hunters. They actually look extremely delicious. Like a living cold cut.

I want to eat one so badly lol.

Frost Ace
Oct 26, 2010

Arc Hammer posted:

Only because he's the last one left and like Chilchuck he has no chill.

This totally works, just replace the scroll of prophecy with Chilchuck's extremely precisely worded contract.

Gherkin Jerkin
Jan 22, 2006

With great power, comes great crunchability...

Plant MONSTER. posted:

There are deer liver flukes that are prized by deer hunters. They actually look extremely delicious. Like a living cold cut.

Can we get a :toxx: up in here?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
i'd be less worried about dragon parasites and more more about goblin squatters living in there after surviving the last eatin

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

DrSunshine posted:

Are you loving kidding me.

*googles*

:gonk:

*looks up via Google Images*

Oh god.

*looks up via Youtube*

Oh god. :barf:

e: Apparently the rest of the deer meat is fine, just don't eat the liver.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Mar 18, 2024

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

quote:

Fascioloides magna is a parasitic flatworm found within the livers of infected deer and other ruminants

More like Fascioloides manga

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
I honestly apologize for over analyzing a work of fiction to the point that I manifested actual real life monster eating.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Whoever eats monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you glaze long enough onto an abyss, the abyss will glaze back onto you.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Alan Smithee posted:

Whoever eats monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you glaze long enough onto an abyss, the abyss will glaze back onto you.

Abyss probs taste pretty good with a creme-honey glaze

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Did someone say dragon jelly donuts?

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Gherkin Jerkin posted:

Can we get a :toxx: up in here?

Present me the fluke. I will pan sear it. I will eat it. It's good for you.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Marsupial Ape posted:

I honestly apologize for over analyzing a work of fiction to the point that I manifested actual real life monster eating.

This is completely in the spirit of Dungeon Meshi !!

haddedam
Feb 19, 2024

by Fluffdaddy
Frierens good and all but this does to frieren what MHA did to shounen -perfected it. Defiantly anime of the year.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
The manga started 4 years before Frieren's

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
At the risk of pretty general spoilers, do you think that the cat bard and the boat elves from the OP will appear in this cour? I think I've spotted everyone else from the OP in an episode so far.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Arc Hammer posted:

At the risk of pretty general spoilers, do you think that the cat bard and the boat elves from the OP will appear in this cour? I think I've spotted everyone else from the OP in an episode so far.

Without any real spoilers but spoiling just in case: remember this cour is over with the next episode -- everyone in OP will not show up by the end of this cour and they will by the end of NEXT cour (ie, before episode 24).

NmareBfly fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Mar 19, 2024

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

haddedam posted:

what MHA did to shounen -perfected it.

Laughs in the last two to three years of MHA

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Arc Hammer posted:

Minor manga spoilers, but we won't see the elves, but we might meet the cat this week. Depends on how they split up this next bit.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

Arc Hammer posted:

there is no cat bard. there is a bard (which we've already met) and there's a cat (which we haven't met)

chrome line
Oct 13, 2022

NmareBfly posted:

Without any real spoilers but spoiling just in case: remember this cour is over with the next episode. I think everyone in OP will show up by the end of NEXT cour (ie, episode 24) but not this one.

I agree, though I think (spoilers for names, some pacing) it's not impossible we get a little glimpse of the canaries or of Shuro's party next episode, but it would basically just be a cameo. They should all show up fairly early in the second cour though

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Are cours seasons?

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

YggiDee posted:

Are cours seasons?

Sometimes, sometimes not.

It's the term for like 10-13 episode block of a show that correspond roughly to what airs in a calendar season. Sometimes that is also all of a show that airs at one time, sometimes a season is multiple cours, like this one.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

YggiDee posted:

Are cours seasons?

seasons are a kind of nebulous term when talking about anime. it's a grouping of episodes and how large that grouping is or what groups them together is pretty variable

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
And sometimes baffling.

But this looks to generally be a 12 episode cour.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

You guys don't all have to clown car into the thread to post spoilers you know.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
im gay lol

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Arc Hammer posted:

And sometimes baffling.

But this looks to generally be a 12 episode cour.

All cours are 12 episodes

That's what a cour is

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

sometimes they're 13

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Waffleman_ posted:

All cours are 12 episodes

That's what a cour is

Meant that the length of seasons can sometimes be baffling, not cours. A cour is more or less fixed but a season can vary wildly.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
You'll also see people talking about what anime are happening "this season" as in the seasons that cours correspond with; in terms of anime seasons January-March is considered Winter, April-June is Spring, July-September is Summer, and October-December is Fall (so this show is airing during Winter 2024 and Spring 2024). I know in the UK production orders of episodes are referred to as "series" instead of "seasons", and that's a good way to think about the distinction with japanese shows as well (in UK terms we're in Series 1)

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Kwyndig posted:

You guys don't all have to clown car into the thread to post spoilers you know.

Yea, cut this poo poo out.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

ninjewtsu posted:

sometimes they're 13

And sometimes they're ten, like Konosuba. Cours are confusing.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

i like cheese

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Fluffdaddy posted:

Yea, cut this poo poo out.

yeah at this point if it's something not animated yet just don't fuckin post about it lest ye be skullcracked, thanks

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
On the other hand, please be free to spoil other anime airing this season in this thread. I am in fact an admin of this site, and implore everyone to do it.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Snooze Cruise posted:

On the other hand, please be free to spoil other anime airing this season in this thread. I am in fact an admin of this site, and implore everyone to do it.

Frieren found dead in Miami, ketamine overdose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Is hypothesizing about the characters in the OP still alright? I feel bad that people got a probe cus I mentioned it.