Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Sentinel Red posted:

Do these guys ever have a day off, or is it just suits and carnage 24:7? Are there any normal people in Warhammer?

Depends, if a normal citizen:

You could live on a over crowded poo poo hole of a planet where breathing is hard, life is harder and life is constant misery.
You could live on a pleasure world where life is great, everything is beautiful and basically all you could want.
You could also get picked up because you have pyschic abilities and to keep the Emperor alive on the throne every day they need to use these people like batteries to keep him going. 1000 today. 1000 tomorrow. 1000 after that and keep counting. This has been happening for 10,000 years. No they don't pick only bad people. They take who they can get. A battery is a battery.

Whenever you do eventually die, you will not be remembered, you will not be missed, it will be like you didn't even exist. That's the life for a normal person in 40K.

Now if your a space marine you basically train or fight. That's the purpose, that's what you do until you die. Most people have never even seen a space marine. Might not even know they exist until they show up on your world. If one shows up on your world that's not a good thing. It's a bad thing. A very bad thing for it means very bad things are going on and likely about to get much much worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

It's a little over the top but it's all a pretty good metaphor for real-life warfare, in that every aspect of it is loving awful.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
What about the orcs, there are orcs too right? Are they hyper aggro arseholes or just rowdy lads who like a tear up and gotten locked into fighting these miserable humans? Could anyone just go "our guys suck, can we hang out and party with you" or is that not an option?

Is there no one who just wants to be free to do what they wanna do, and to get loaded and have a good time?

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Sentinel Red posted:

Is there no one who just wants to be free to do what they wanna do, and to get loaded and have a good time?

This guy gets it.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Orcs are interstellar psychic mushrooms if the canon that was around during my time with game is still accepted. Their weapons and ships worked because their latent psychic abilities would warp reality, like how they think red goes faster, so it does.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Sentinel Red posted:

What about the orcs, there are orcs too right? Are they hyper aggro arseholes or just rowdy lads who like a tear up and gotten locked into fighting these miserable humans? Could anyone just go "our guys suck, can we hang out and party with you" or is that not an option?

Orks literally live to fight. And they always win because if they win they win, if they lose they can just come back and fight again, and if they die then it doesn’t matter. Orks could easily have conquered the galaxy if they all worked together but it takes a lot to get an Ork to do anything but fight whatever’s closest to them, which is usually another Ork.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Nerd Of Prey posted:

gently caress yeah, that guy looks great. I really loved that toy as a kid. I like the inclusion of the 200x disc thing.

Still really hoping for some She-Ra stuff. This year is the 40th anniversary of Princess of Power and so far they are not doing poo poo with it. Come on Mattel!

Yeah, you'd think there'd be something more than the rerelease of the Origins figure. Like a Creations-exclusive box set or something.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

Orcs are interstellar psychic mushrooms if the canon that was around during my time with game is still accepted. Their weapons and ships worked because their latent psychic abilities would warp reality, like how they think red goes faster, so it does.

The effects of the WAAAUGH (the combined psychic power of Ork belief) can be overstated. It only bends reality a bit, it won’t turn a box with “GUN” written on it into a gun. There has to be all the parts of a gun in basically the right places so the Orks will believe it will work. Luckily, some percentage of Orks are literally born with the knowledge of how to put together sufficiently gun-shaped objects.

But yes Orks are a fungus, and that same fungus also produces Grots (their goblin servants) and Squigs (their meat/transport animals and pets). It’s a very tidy system.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
The Orks were created by the old ones as a weapon and they've been weaponing ever since! Like the others said they can do crazy things. Want a fast vehicle? Paint it red cuz everyone knows red means something goes fast! There's no logical real reasoning to how they can use and create what they do. They literally believe it into happening. Same goes with their weapons and medical aid. Seriously read up about some of the stuff Ork doctors have done, it's nutty. Head transplants for all! The Empire can't even figure out how it all works. The things they use shouldn't work, and won't for them. For Orks? Different story.

Pray that there are no Ork spores upon your world. Oh, no worries the Empire can take care of it! Orbital fire bombardment of the entire planet will fix that.

The Empire appreciates your service citizen.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Sentinel Red posted:

Of course, the problem is that the ones who truly strive to ultimate freedom tend to include genocide and public flaying amongst the personal freedoms they don’t want infringed upon.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Sentinel Red posted:

orks are literally just soccer hooligans in space

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
In other words they are regular soccer fans.

WonkyBob
Jan 1, 2013

Holy shit, you own a skirt?!
If any Trek fans in the thread are tempted by the Exo-6 Kira grab one while they're in stock, the prototype images don't sell it nearly as well as seeing it for reals.

Bonus image from my display. "Quark managed to get a picture of The Intendant, and The Major is NOT amused"

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Shiftypenguin posted:

Yeah, you'd think there'd be something more than the rerelease of the Origins figure. Like a Creations-exclusive box set or something.

Mattel does keep advertising a big event where they're going to reveal a bunch of new stuff, so fingers crossed.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

drat, Mondo did real good on these:

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Two more GI Joe Classified figures got name dropped today as coming out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-0bQLIWxF4

The first? Road Pig! We knew it was coming and now we got official confirmation by Emily and Lenny.

The second? Blowtorch! Committ war crimes and get away with it like your Isreal!

The Last Call fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Mar 18, 2024

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The Last Call posted:

The first? Road Pig! We knew it was coming and now we got official confirmation by Emily and Lenny.

The second? Blowtorch! Committ war crimes and get away with it like your Isreal!

For a second I confused Blowtorch with Barbeque and was very puzzled.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I don’t know how you guys can tell all the army men apart.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Blowtorch makes the best pork chop sandwiches

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

That makes no sense to me at all.

https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/severancemdr.gif

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

Orks can wind the windows down in their space ships to shoot at things.

Orks a magic.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

The Last Call posted:

Whenever you do eventually die, you will not be remembered, you will not be missed, it will be like you didn't even exist. That's the life for a normal person in 40K.

There was a bit in one of the Eisenhorn books where Cadia, after millenia of loyal service to the military had no where left on the planet for more cemeteries. So a monastic order was formed whose job was to scour the existing cemeteries for headstones too worn to read the name of the entombed. That signified that there was no one left to remember them and marked as a viable place to bury a newly dead.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Listening to the vid where the Blowtorch and Road Pig got announced and they mention a lot of stuff involving about the design process, safety test and what could have been done better.

They admit the Skystriker should not have been a Haslab project, it’s something you could really afford and buy in any store and there wasn’t any real need for it, HASLABS are meant for something bigger. Bit of the learning process since Haslab was still so very new.

At one point the upcoming missile system was a part of the HASLAB HISS unlock. But they looked at the cost, how much it would involve and realized not everyone who wanted the HISS might want it. Especially if you ordered more than one, so they moved it to a later item by itself. That way if you wanted it, you could get it and keep down the price on the HISS itself. The original missiles were a foot long each. They thought it was a bit over kill so shrunk them.

We should see something on the Dragonfly soon! Ish. They’re on the second prototype stage now. They called it EVP2, could go to 3 and in rare times even up to 4. Emily took a lot of photos the other day and plans to get them out to backers. They also mention how it’s been through the safety drop test. Yeah, these things get made and dropped to see how they stand up.

They also mentioned Emily once tested something by dropping it out a window. They don’t think they’re allowed to do that anymore.

I adore this team.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Gripweed posted:

I don’t know how you guys can tell all the army men apart.

Barbecue wears orange and puts out fires, Blowtorch wears red and yellow and starts them. Simple!

Road Pig looks like Bennett From Commando When He Was In Mad Max.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Sentinel Red posted:

Barbecue wears orange and puts out fires, Blowtorch wears red and yellow and starts them. Simple!

Road Pig looks like Bennett From Commando When He Was In Mad Max.

Best thing about Road Pig is his weapon is just a cinder block on a stick. I loved that as a kid for some reason.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Speaking of Road Pig, his announcement was a total accident.

Lenny was speaking and mentions the character as having name dropped him already in a past reveal. He was in fact, not.

Silence.

One of the people talking with them, "I think you just did". Lenny was totally confused. Emily said it was fine and they didn't have to edit it out or anything.

Funny moment.

OG Road Pig:

Army guy he is not. Outside of the orignal wave of Joes and some that came out later, it was amazing how few of the good guys really looked like generic army men.

Fun fact, Road Pig in the comics has a dual personility. There is the brutish thug Road Pig persona and his "Donald" persona. Donald is highly sophisticated and loves Zarana doing whatever she wants.

The Last Call fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Mar 18, 2024

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Not only did we find out we're getting Road Pig but The Full Force Podcast has revealed it's a pet figure!

Yes folks, Road Pig is coming with a pet. A mean ol pig? I mean, it's gotta be right? Will he come with a pig hood and cape ala the Snow Serpent? Who knows!

Listings for next year with their internal code names:

They really have fun with this.

Retro Hello Nurse has to be the original Joe nurse, Jane.

What else could it be?

There are two un named figures yet to be revealed for this year.
One is totally Heart-Wrencher.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Vintersorg posted:

drat, Mondo did real good on these:

Look rad! I'm of the opinion that Gabara is the most underrated Kaiju after watching all the movies.

Top 10 Joe for me, but I had the neon green and orange one. Going to have to wait for the repaint.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Sy-klone looks like he's gonna be able to spin and pimp slap anyone nearby, which is a definite improvement over his original kinda weird karate chop hands.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

A friend of mine jumped on a weird facebook marketplace listing for a movie prop going dirt cheap; a lute from the recent D&D movie:

Apparently some weird rich guy was selling it for $80, had zero info about it and told her it was "a gift," but as far as she can tell it's authentic. She says the details match the movie exactly, and it's encased in this extremely fancy wood/leather/glass box with official movie logos printed on the sides. The labeling says it's "from the set." At any rate it would be a lot of trouble to fake something like that to make $80 off facebook; it being a legit screen-used prop would actually be less weird if you ask me. Probably not THE hero prop, that would be crazy, but it could be like a stunt one, I don't know. Anyway I thought it was a pretty fun story if nothing else. I'm jealous!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
drat, even if it's a replica that's still an amazing price considering how good it looks and the display.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Lmao those code names

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Nerd Of Prey posted:

A friend of mine jumped on a weird facebook marketplace listing for a movie prop going dirt cheap; a lute from the recent D&D movie:

Yeah, I can see matching details just in that photo! That’s wild, and an amazing find, well done them!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The frets on the picture look way bigger and darker than the prop there but still pretty neat. Prob for when he's not using it?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Yeah, even if it's not real, that's a great replica for $80.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Yeah, they were charging $120 for replicas of the birth control dispenser Simon uses for his magic

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

That’s really sick I’m a bit jealous. I need to grab the rest of the monsters from that line.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Mikey!

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1770151073249902895?s=46

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Does anyone know exactly what kinds of batteries go in the old Hot Toys “indestructible” T-800 and Terminator Salvation T-700 endoskeletons? I tried LR521s but they seem to be too small, and they just fall out of the battery compartment. It doesn’t help that there aren’t your typical springs to keep the batteries in place.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Couple cartoon figs hiding back there. Finally a Cringer!

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1770157278559141957?s=46

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

I know this isn’t a traditional figure, but Kotobukiya made this 1:1 hand reference ‘figure’ and it’s loving crazy. Been waiting for this for a looong time now and it just came in from amiami. Figured you guys might at least appreciate it, just an incredible reference model. Also would fit right in to a Smash Bros collection with a white glove.