Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

There is a specialization which just exists to make your pawn not talk if you're some kind of loving coward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I want the one that makes them talk more

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I really hope there's at least one over-enthusiastic line read from a pawn that sounds funnier at higher pitches, like "fire works well!" from DD1.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I really hope there's at least one over-enthusiastic line read from a pawn that sounds funnier at higher pitches, like "fire works well!" from DD1.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

There is a specialization which just exists to make your pawn not talk if you're some kind of loving coward.

The different things they’re putting in this category are really confusing. the elvish translation one is something that presumably affects quests and lets you see more lore, the inventory sort and auto combine sound like QOL options meant to save time looking at menus, and this one is just something I would expect to just be in the options menu. I don’t know why these are exclusive choices.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
god i cant loving wait this is gonna rule so much, i waited a decade for this

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Thumbtacks posted:

god i cant loving wait this is gonna rule so much, i waited a decade for this

First game in I can't tell you how many years that I've actually pre-ordered. poo poo, I think the last one might have been Fable 3.

I'm stoked

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Owl Inspector posted:

The different things they’re putting in this category are really confusing. the elvish translation one is something that presumably affects quests and lets you see more lore, the inventory sort and auto combine sound like QOL options meant to save time looking at menus, and this one is just something I would expect to just be in the options menu. I don’t know why these are exclusive choices.

They want to give you a reason to hire different Pawns for different situations to encourage people to swap Pawns more regularly.

Except the silence one which is to shame you for being a coward.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Draven posted:

First game in I can't tell you how many years that I've actually pre-ordered.

Same. Broke my own sacred rule of never pre-ordering. My body is ready.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
I'm torn on what vocation I want to try out first now. I was looking at trickster but after watching the introduction video to the mystic spear, they just look fun as hell.

Man this game is going to eat up so much time.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
people with the leaked copies have revealed that the game is actually bad. sorry folks

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

I'm gonna have to load up the character creation tool a few hours before the game comes out, just like preparing for a big assignment in school. It's gonna be fantastic

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
I'm a bit confused about the release date.

On Steam it says March 21st for release date. But I'm seeing March 22nd for console release date. So does that mean on PC I can play on the 21st, and console is 22nd, or is the date off on the Steam page?

Also, does character size affect your ability to hold onto flying creatures, especially in regards to their size vs yours? Say a smaller thief holding onto a harpy vs a max size warrior affecting the monster's ability to fly? I'm just wondering in terms of how I might want to play the game.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Hamelekim posted:

Also, does character size affect your ability to hold onto flying creatures, especially in regards to their size vs yours? Say a smaller thief holding onto a harpy vs a max size warrior affecting the monster's ability to fly? I'm just wondering in terms of how I might want to play the game.

That's how it worked in the first game, yes.

Pooperscooper
Jul 22, 2007
I heard that there isn't much fast travel allowed and no quest markers which has me excited. Is it true?

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Pooperscooper posted:

I heard that there isn't much fast travel allowed and no quest markers which has me excited. Is it true?

Apparently there are some quest markers, but not a lot. There are a lot of quests that have no markers but I think those are side quests more than the main quest. That's according to players who got the game early on reddit.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Jack Trades posted:

That's how it worked in the first game, yes.

Sweet. I love the idea that your characters size actually impacts gameplay.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Hamelekim posted:

Sweet. I love the idea that your characters size actually impacts gameplay.

Yeah it could lead to some fairly significant differences. Like if you were as short as possible you could fit into Goblin holes and get into very small exclusive areas with some really minor treasure. If you were really heavy there are some attacks/areas with high winds where you wouldn't get blown away etc.

And thats in addition to the baseline of 'heavier gets you more carry capacity but lower stamina regen and vice versa'.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Considering how detailed the character creator is and it's effects on the gameplay, this is probably the absolute best game to make yourself in.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Arisen: Pawn:

Arisen's gonna be a thief since I wanna dodge and climb and jump like crazy. Pawn's the biggest fighter man to charge in and bonk goblins.

Character creator rules.

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

Hamelekim posted:

On Steam it says March 21st for release date. But I'm seeing March 22nd for console release date. So does that mean on PC I can play on the 21st, and console is 22nd, or is the date off on the Steam page?

I think the storefronts you're comparing might be handling time zones differently.

E: To clarify, it's a simultaneous launch globally, but Steam might be showing the release local to your time zone, while PSN/Xbox might not.

Badly Jester fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Mar 18, 2024

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Hamelekim posted:

I believe that it's supposed to come out March 22nd at midnight in your area on console, so it is an instance of places like Australia actually get the game a day earlier. I think that Steam may not do that, though, and so it probably comes out midnight GMT? Maybe Midnight for Japan. Hard to tell at the moment until we get the hours countdown.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Review embargo is apparently up on Wednesday, dunno what time.

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

My main dude

and my pawn, Mr. Whiskers (really hoping the "Wesker" callsign sounds good in game)

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Draven posted:

I'm torn on what vocation I want to try out first now. I was looking at trickster but after watching the introduction video to the mystic spear, they just look fun as hell.

Man this game is going to eat up so much time.

i have heard from the leakers that it will be a good amount of time before you find the unlock people for advanced vocations, let alone the two new ones, so you'll have a lot of time to try everything out first

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
The Steam release timer is currently based on midnight UST. However, nothing says they don't change it in a day or two to regional. So it could be 8:00 p.m. EDT on Thursday, or it could be midnight everywhere.

Sgt. Cosgrove posted:

and my pawn, Mr. Whiskers (really hoping the "Wesker" callsign sounds good in game)

Assuming it's like DD1, it's not going to be spoken in game, it's just a censored name for people who play with that setting.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

So it's not known yet whether or not we can use the New Zealand strat

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
https://www.reddit.com/user/shidolL/submitted/

this guy has been posting a bunch of clips, not a lot of spoilers IMO (he marks the actual spoiler ones) but man there's so many gameplay clips that look so good and sick

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

uggghhhhh GMG doesn't have keys yet.
I know it doesn't matter yet but CMONNNNNN

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
So I thought I heard some talk of being able to switch vocations mid battle, or was that just the Warfarer vocation before we knew what it was?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Unlucky7 posted:

So I thought I heard some talk of being able to switch vocations mid battle, or was that just the Warfarer vocation before we knew what it was?

It was the Warfarer.

ColdIronsBound
Nov 4, 2008
Uses a knife, guns are too quick

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
warfarer swap is EXTREMELY quick from what i've seen in showcase footage. watched a guy mage hover into a cyclops head then swap to warrior and grab the head instantly, also saw similar with the mystic spearhand teleport directly into rogue spinny drop

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Can you mix Trickster with something else through Warfarer?

Pooperscooper
Jul 22, 2007
What is being said about the framerate on the console versions?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

Warfarer gets access to all weapons and most skills but has lower stats. So you can make any hybrid build you want but it's not going to outshine any singular build.

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

Yes but you only get 3 skills so whatever stupid one weird trick you're using better be good

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Wait so we've got 3 skills down from 6?

800peepee51doodoo
Mar 1, 2001

Volute the swarth, trawl betwixt phonotic
Scoff the festune

Pooperscooper posted:

What is being said about the framerate on the console versions?

According to reddit posts and youtube comments I've seen it is 30fps and therefore "completely unplayable" and also "an embarrasing disaster"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Wait so we've got 3 skills down from 6?

Four skills, Warfarer's weapon swap is apparently a skill. You also have more packed into the main buttons including your additional class button than DD1. Also, you can swap skills whenever you camp. I think the idea is that the must have skills have been made into core skills, so in theory you might have slightly more flexibility.

I'm slightly concerned, but it should be at least a slight improvement from DD1 and I think it might work out well.