Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Yeah I had a prophecy for kill 6 Void Horrors, and realized those are the big things that spawn when you do the "charge the beacon" echoes, and noticed it wasn't updating. So I tried it on a monolith I hadn't done before, and it popped right away.

If you want to clear prophecies for bosses that don't have corruption conditions, normal monoliths require way less stability to do the quests and boss, which could be a reason to do them I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

That seems like it's gotta be a bug...

Sweetgrass
Jan 13, 2008

exquisite tea posted:

Are certain blessings more rare than others? I've killed that dumb dragon like 8 times now and haven't seen the crit avoidance blessing once.

yep, a chunk of the blessings have a lower chance to appear in the pool, which is part of why pumping your corruption to 200 minimum is so important as an early empowered goal since it gives you a fifth blessing choice

tunk lab has a good breakdown of the chances and value ranges of all the monolith stuff, excellent reference resource https://lastepoch.tunklab.com/timelines

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

A Moose posted:

Also I learned that if the condition of a prophecy just says "Monolith" that specifically means non-empowered apparently. But if it specifies a specific monolith, it can be empowered or normal, unless it has a corruption requirement.

Thats flat-out false. If it says monolith it can be either empowered or normal. Beacons dont count for Void Horror kills on either difficulty, you gotta find them in the wild.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Wuxi posted:

Thats flat-out false. If it says monolith it can be either empowered or normal. Beacons dont count for Void Horror kills on either difficulty, you gotta find them in the wild.

I was gonna say, I know I've gotten "kill any boss" prophecy completions in empowered Monos.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

StarkRavingMad posted:

I was gonna say, I know I've gotten "kill any boss" prophecy completions in empowered Monos.

Yeah but for those, the condition doesn't say "Monolith" it just says the timeline that boss appears in. For things that JUST say "monolith" as the condition, I can't get them to count except in regular monoliths

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

A Moose posted:

Yeah but for those, the condition doesn't say "Monolith" it just says the timeline that boss appears in. For things that JUST say "monolith" as the condition, I can't get them to count except in regular monoliths

As per dev that answered that question in discord:

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

A Moose posted:

Yeah I had a prophecy for kill 6 Void Horrors, and realized those are the big things that spawn when you do the "charge the beacon" echoes, and noticed it wasn't updating. So I tried it on a monolith I hadn't done before, and it popped right away.

If you want to clear prophecies for bosses that don't have corruption conditions, normal monoliths require way less stability to do the quests and boss, which could be a reason to do them I guess.

This works in empowered monoliths, but it has to be void horrors that spawned normally in the echo, not ones that spawn as part of the beacon. I’m 99.9% sure I’ve completed that prophecy multiple times on my 100 warlock and I only do empowereds.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

exquisite tea posted:

Are certain blessings more rare than others? I've killed that dumb dragon like 8 times now and haven't seen the crit avoidance blessing once.

for the blessing monoliths that have stuff that are direct buffs to your character - yes. there's 3 chosen buffs per monolith that one of which will always appear in the first slot of choosing your buffs. resistance nodes typically fall in this category, unless there's more than one resist node in the pool.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
So to level up Merchant faction, its just a matter of farming exp/monoliths and then using the points gained to either buy or sell stuff right? So listing stuff at 0 gold is just to consume the points which translates to faction? Or is there some other aspect I'm missing

Hit Man
Mar 6, 2008

I hope after I die people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

Blessings feel like one of the biggest grinds in this game when you need a specific one and a high roll and ultimately you're just unlucky

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

did some low risk 1lp gambles over the weekend and broke 10k ward so im starting to feel pretty good defensively. i think i need to upgrade my wand next since my damage is starting to feel kind of lovely. also probably need to upgrade idols but thats a whole can of worms.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Well then....

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

Salvor_Hardin posted:

So to level up Merchant faction, its just a matter of farming exp/monoliths and then using the points gained to either buy or sell stuff right? So listing stuff at 0 gold is just to consume the points which translates to faction? Or is there some other aspect I'm missing

listing at 0 gold doesn't do anything for you that listing at more than 0 gold wouldn't. it's the listing itself that gives you the favor reward

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

you can also use the gamble lady right next to the waypoint to dump a bunch of rep quickly without listing poo poo

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

So at some point if you are participating in the MG it seems that money becomes completely meaningless. Lol.

Although it does make me wonder how people are getting the money to make those huge buys in the first place, because the gold has to actually be generated through playing the game by someone at some point. Sure by playing the market you can accumulate a lot of other people's gold, but it all still needs to drop first.

I have 3 characters. Level 78 in normal mono's, Level 87 in empowered and level 92 in empowered and I only have 1.4 million gold.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

What are y'all spending all that gold on

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

The Locator posted:

So at some point if you are participating in the MG it seems that money becomes completely meaningless. Lol.

Although it does make me wonder how people are getting the money to make those huge buys in the first place, because the gold has to actually be generated through playing the game by someone at some point. Sure by playing the market you can accumulate a lot of other people's gold, but it all still needs to drop first.

I have 3 characters. Level 78 in normal mono's, Level 87 in empowered and level 92 in empowered and I only have 1.4 million gold.

I mean the money is meaningless because there was a bunch of gold duping i thought?

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

zoux posted:

It all goes into the Scrooge McDuck diving pool.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

idiotsavant posted:

I mean the money is meaningless because there was a bunch of gold duping i thought?

Oh.. maybe. I dunno as an offline CoF player.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

zoux posted:

Stash tabs.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

The Locator posted:

there was a gold dupe glitch at the beginning of the season, so that might be affecting things somewhat.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

zoux posted:

i looked up a 3 lp twisted heart of ukheiros over the weekend. there was 1 listed and it was a billion gold.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Ya, all my upgrades are around that same magnitude. That's something I like about MG. I can usually transmorph a good drop for someone else into a good drop for me!

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Tonetta posted:

listing at 0 gold doesn't do anything for you that listing at more than 0 gold wouldn't. it's the listing itself that gives you the favor reward

Awesome! posted:

you can also use the gamble lady right next to the waypoint to dump a bunch of rep quickly without listing poo poo

Thanks, thats what I wanted to know. I was listing trash uniques just to burn points and it sounds like the thought process is correct but there are easier ways.

Like, making sure you don't get points if people buy your item that I want to not miss out on, anything like that.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

gold gain scales with corruption, so in a world where people aren't cheating their asses off with gold duping, those higher prices are priced towards the people who have already made it far into monoliths.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Without the gold duping I think you'd be looking at like tens of millions of gold for true endgame items, not billions.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Suprfli6 posted:

Without the gold duping I think you'd be looking at like tens of millions of gold for true endgame items, not billions.

I dunno. Games like this historically have a price distribution curve with an veerrrryyyy long tail. The top 0.0001% of stuff is going to be obscenely expensive. This is how the economy works in PoE as well at least.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i really doubt the gold duping bumped things up by orders of magnitude but i guess it is possible

Hit Man
Mar 6, 2008

I hope after I die people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

It most certainly did

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

I could see a market where, in the current game state, a 4lp twisted heart of uhkeiros would sell for 250-500m gold without the assistance of gold duping. it would still probably be bought by a black market gold buyer, but it would still happen

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

4lp twisted hearts seem to be extremely rare. there were none available when i looked. there was only 1 at 3lp. no way in hell that is ever going to be 500mil

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
The search function in Marketplace leaves a lot to be desired. You can only pick one affix tier level so, like, if you want to find something with a specific T7 but also with some lower tier stuff on it for craftability, no can do. Unless I'm missing something.

Also no way to check for roll values on stuff.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

don't get me wrong, the true value of 4lp meta item that only drops from a boss is more than all the items every player in this thread has combined. the reality is that the value could never be fully realized, because someone needs to buy it, and that estimate is based off what someone could get to by week 4 or 5 without the use of dupes or otherwise breaking tos.

e: here's the rarity for 4lp heart

Tonetta fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Mar 18, 2024

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

fknlo posted:

Also, let me abandon prophecies I guess. Didn’t realize some of them were limited to regular monoliths

You can abandon prophecies from the screen that lists them (Y on keyboard or go to the observatory), click the X that appears at the bottom when you hover or select it.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

I can afford it...

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

lol i just bought like 12 pages of cuckoo's listed below 500 gold from the market. used 500k favor but i farm it fast enough anyway. sorry to everyone that that has to go through 50 pages of listings to find the sale only to see no money from it. i sold them all to the vendor

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

this is why i dont list things for 0 gold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
How exactly does cuckoos work anywyas? At some point it just turns into a random exalted?