Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: GhostofJohnMuir)

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Tesseraction posted:

The mundane truth is she likely just had emergency surgery and they don't want to advertise to everyone she had, like, anal cysts.

Do you think the folks on morning talk shows want to talk about anal cysts, or how :iiam: & :iit: the hidden princess is

And even more importantly, what the folks drinking their morning wine want to hear :capitalism:

I think these are reasons Leon can wrap his aging mind around!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
having exhausted every other frontier, the royals are now attempting to colonize the uncanny valley

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
if it was any other family i would dismiss the rumors as trashy gossip, but william totally beat her to a pulp in a fit of carnal rage, as the sins of his ancestors took control

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Cease to Hope posted:

having exhausted every other frontier, the royals are now attempting to colonize the uncanny valley

Surely Charles II (of Spain) already conquered that particular hill

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Is Kate going to miss any votes as a result of this?

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Is Kate going to miss any votes as a result of this?

sorry, i can't disclose the illuminati voting schedule

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Poor Things was pretty good, but I'm kind of surprised that it won so many Oscars and was a runner up for best picture.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Oscars are fake, friend

:nws: (Topless man in spoiler)

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
always a bit weird running into someone with the same rare last name. they're probably not related, but the possibility isn't nil

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Someone was talking about going to Harry Potter world or whatever it is called and it reminded me: Is there a reason that Hogwart's just keeps an entire wing of the school that is explicitly the "evil wizard" wing and actively sorts the evil kids into it to organize?

Seems like they could avoid a lot of problems if they just didn't do that.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
it's traditional in uk boarding schools. the fact that they have a nominally non-evil house is progressive

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Yeah it's a play on school houses, which were meant to be a semi-friendly rivalry within schools. The Harry Potter universe is explicitly mocking the concept by having an entire house who are clearly pieces of poo poo and yet the school keeps it there out of tradition.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Make Saving Silverman 2, you cowards!

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

Tesseraction posted:

Yeah it's a play on school houses, which were meant to be a semi-friendly rivalry within schools. The Harry Potter universe is explicitly mocking the concept by having an entire house who are clearly pieces of poo poo and yet the school keeps it there out of tradition.

This is why I only ever read the first three Harry Potter books as a kid. When it was mostly just silly whimsical fantasy I was on board (chocolate frogs! Diagon alley, do you get it?! The banks are run by GOBLINS, surely that's just a silly fantasy thing with no implications!), but the moment Rowling looked at the reader and said "look how many pages there are in this book, I demand you take it seriously. Anyway, meet Cho Chang", I was out. One house being The Evil House is fine when you're not taking it too seriously, but then you were suddenly expected to do just that and I just couldn't. In retrospect, dodged a bullet there!

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Yeah, you can visibly see when she was rich/politically powerful enough to tell her editor to gently caress off:

And the quality plummeted. People still loved those books based on the first three, though.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Tesseraction posted:

Yeah, you can visibly see when she was rich/politically powerful enough to tell her editor to gently caress off:

And the quality plummeted. People still loved those books based on the first three, though.

lol I never seen the books side by side

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I remember throwing up on my copy of prisoner of Azkaban as a child

ruined my old ultimate warrior play buddy as well

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

mawarannahr posted:

lol I never seen the books side by side

I remember being excited when #4 came out because it was bigger and I was happy to get more Harry Potter

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

i think dadchat is like 10 years old now

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I thought it was even older. Feels like it was during 2012 that people finally got fed up with food/drink derails.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

sudo rm -rf posted:

i think dadchat is like 10 years old now

You're early, this thread won't be celebrating its 10th b-day 'til summer

(It claims to be the first and I am not digging any deeper)

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
drat, with enough cream cheese frosting, even a Safeway cinnamon roll can be delicious

Goodbye cruel world

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
xylo...

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
headier days

my old account i lost the password to is somewhere near the beginning of that thread

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

What happened to all the suspenders that people were wearing in 2011?

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

And the wastecoats of the 90s, and the cargo pant craze thst might have been the end of levis

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
jncos....

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
also i misjudged the cost of implementing my main project by like a factor of 3, lol

starting to get into the engineering details and i'm starting to understand why we don't build anything anymore, this is a shitload of work

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Seeing that Kung Fu Panda 4 has made more money at the domestic box office than Dune: Part 2 is blowing my mind.

Also, learning that there was a Kung Fu Panda 2 and 3.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

It's like when I learned that Yellowstone apparently pulls 12.1 million viewers. It is the most popular show that I have never seen and also don't know anybody who has ever seen it.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Seeing that Kung Fu Panda 4 has made more money at the domestic box office than Dune: Part 2 is blowing my mind.

kung fu panda 2 was ok, never saw 3

and my understanding is that animated kids movies tend to outperform all but the biggest blockbusters because the potential audience base is larger and for the most part less discerning. part of why the genre often devolves into middling schlock

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

It's like when I learned that Yellowstone apparently pulls 12.1 million viewers. It is the most popular show that I have never seen and also don't know anybody who has ever seen it.

The Nickelback of television

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

KFP4 made more money this week. dune 2 is on its third week, not second, and has made about double KFP4 in the US, a little under triple worldwide.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Cease to Hope posted:

KFP4 made more money this week. dune 2 is on its third week, not second, and has made about double KFP4 in the US, a little under triple worldwide.

It beat it out last week as well, but to be fair, that was Dune's second week being released.

Kung Fu Panda was March 8 and Dune was March 1.

You are right that Dune's opening week was way bigger than KFP and it is crushing it globally.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

If there is a row of three urinals in a public bathroom and you decide to use the middle one, then you're a danger to society.

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Jack black plays a goofy animated martial arts panda and puts his heart and soul into it and basically makes the perfect movie to take your kids to over and over so by now it's an institution

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

If there is a row of three urinals in a public bathroom and you decide to use the middle one, then you're a danger to society.

Urinals, much like seating in public transport, are to be filled as if fermions

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
the only thing i really remember about kung fu panda is that the father of jack black's panda character is a noodle vendor goose (naturally voiced by james hong, the hardest working man in hollywood) who believes that the fact that his panda son is adopted to be a dark family secret no one has cottoned onto, and finding that mildly amusing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

I guess they didn't kill her.

https://twitter.com/TheSun/status/1769816884147351732